Utah @ USC

Scscsc89

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game Trojans. 

I didn't mind the 2 point try. Might have tried giving it to Moss, he has really been running hard the past few weeks. Utah's defense was gassed, and didn't love their chances in OT. I like Troy Williams and am happy to have him as Utah's backup, but I have to wonder what the results of the last two weeks would have been had Huntley been in, the offense just seems more dynamic with him and he is better at both running and spotting and throwing to receivers while on the run. Overall, although they could have won the past two weeks, I am still encouraged that the Utes can go toe to toe with anyone in this league.  With all the guys drafted off of last years team, and starting a sophomore QB, this seems like it should be a rebuilding year, and seeing how good they can be makes me bullish for the next few years. Seeing the madness going on tonight, I have no idea how things will go the rest of the year, but hopefully will win at least a few more and make a half decent bowl game. 

I can see the argument for going for two.. On the road, trying to get a win instead of going to OT.. Defense is gassed etc..

My opinion is, you're trying to convert something in your weakest area of your game. Red Zone scoring for a TD(46%) which is what this two point conversion was.. USC was just as gassed and tying it up was the best % play.. I would have taken my chances in OT with a good field goal kicker and a good defense..

Riverboat gambling will get you out of coaching.. Just ask Tommy Tuberville..

I think with an injured (Utah was down 3 starters by games end) and gassed Defense I think rolling the dice on on play was the right move.  The loss stings, of course, but I think Whitt made the decision that gave his team its best chance to win.

At the  risk of sounding like a Michigan fan, but the Pac-12 ref crew, especially the booth crew was really incompetent (weird/bad calls from Pac-12 refs? yeah I know we are all shocked) still USC's heroic 4th and 9 conversion that lead the a (tying ?) touchdown was bad miss by the crew and they didn't even review it... This same crew badly missed a later UofU 3rd down conversion in the 4th quarter with another non-reviewed spotting error (but Utah converted on 4th down so no harm) .

7744138.jpg

44 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Don't know where to put this but is Stanford the best team in the conference now that they've figured out their passing game? 

Feel free to visit the Stanford/Oregon thread, where I shed some light on the matter. Bottom line- I still believe Washington is the team to beat. Outside of last night's clunker, they've been the model of consistency this year. Their D actually played at the same elite level they've been playing at all season, it was only the offense that let down. The state of Arizona has always presented some weird voodoo #Pac12AfterDark-type woes for them and I think that played some kind of role in last night's upset. Chris Peterson will get his guys back on track and have them ready for the home stretch in November. Not writing off Stanford's chances but I still think Washington is a step above everyone else in the North, even after last night.

lot's of parity in the Pac this year

I have been very impressed with Utah ever since they joined the conference

I still wish we had one annual bowl game that matched SEC vs Pac 12

UGA people are dying to go to a Rose Bpwl

15 minutes ago, dcbl said:

I still wish we had one annual bowl game that matched SEC vs Pac 12

Agree x 1,000,000. With an annual bowl game against the ACC, there's no reason why we can't arrange one against the SEC. Play it at one of the fancy stadiums in Texas and matchup up the #2 team from the Pac-12 versus the #3/4 team from the SEC

Archived