WSU @Cal

KUGRDON

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, All Hail said:

Have fun throat-fucking us.  From a pure talent perspective, only OSU has less than we do.  Wilcox has the team playing but there is too many injuries and virtually no depth at any position.  The backups are FCS caliber and so is our qb. 

This sounds like you right before Cal beat UNC and Ole Miss.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

This sounds like you right before Cal beat UNC and Ole Miss.

Turns out those teams were awful and I made a faulty assumption that they were decent.  With WSU, there is no need to assume.  They are better than decent, they are good.  Cal was decent when healthy but now that we've lost key personnel up and down the roster, our FCS caliber backups have been exposed.  The 13 1/2 spread is laughable.  Bet all of your money on WSU.  This is a Cal team that got obliterated by the same depleted Oregon team that WSU just obliterated.  I'm thinking 38 to 10 is a very likely outcome. 

On 10/10/2017 at 11:02 AM, All Hail said:

Turns out those teams were awful and I made a faulty assumption that they were decent.  With WSU, there is no need to assume.  They are better than decent, they are good.  Cal was decent when healthy but now that we've lost key personnel up and down the roster, our FCS caliber backups have been exposed.  The 13 1/2 spread is laughable.  Bet all of your money on WSU.  This is a Cal team that got obliterated by the same depleted Oregon team that WSU just obliterated.  I'm thinking 38 to 10 is a very likely outcome. 

UNC being awful or not, a cross-country road trip win over a P5 school, followed by a home win against an SEC school is about as good as it gets in non-conf play, and Cal's cupboard could not have been thought to be much more bare than it was when we were all assessing it in August.

Just gotta put in big ups for my boy Justin.  Christ, I may root for him when we visit Cal.  Yes, it's that fucking bad.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

UNC being awful or not, a cross-country road trip win over a P5 school, followed by a home win against an SEC school is about as good as it gets in non-conf play, and Cal's cupboard could not have been thought to be much more bare than it was when we were all assessing it in August.

Just gotta put in big ups for my boy Justin.  Christ, I may root for him when we visit Cal.  Yes, it's that fucking bad.

Don't get me wrong, I think Wilcox has done a good job and I love the staff he has hired.   However, there is no coach in America who can win with Cal's current talent.  I said before the year that if Cal suffered a single injury on the offensive line we would be totally fucked.  We have lost 2 linemen and have given up 13 sacks in our last two games.   We have also lost our starting rb, and our best overall player in Demetrius Robertson.  Cal is in major trouble and now that Arizona looks decent, I think we will be lucky to win more than 1 game the rest of the way and it won't be the fault of Wilcox. 

Danger danger danger. Cal could be the FCS team that WAZZU loses to this year.  Beating USC and Oregon back to back was heady stuff. Number eight (over)rating Likewise. Friday Road game after Saturday road game. All the warning lights are flashing I don’t know if the Cougs Are seeing them through the Crimson colored glasses. I haven’t read nearly as much about Cal On the players Twitter accounts As I did about USC and Oregon in the prior weeks. Lots about “Did Something” knock on Oregon, Falk’s rise in Heisman polling, teams ranking and Speed D rising.  It may be that focus isn’t there.

On the plus side, Falk Would become the winningest WSU quarterback ever with a win Friday night. He really wants that record. I hope he can rally the team to that cause.

25 minutes ago, glduck said:

for all the talk about washington state being the pac-12's poor outpost university you guys sure are well equipped in the statistical meme department. you guys can churn out memes like a school with a michigan budget. 

The schools with more money put them on a building in Times Square.

2 hours ago, glduck said:

for all the talk about washington state being the pac-12's poor outpost university you guys sure are well equipped in the statistical meme department. you guys can churn out memes like a school with a michigan budget. 

Nah the rich schools put them on blogs in Times Square.

2 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

The schools with more money put them on a building in Times Square.

59 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Nah the rich schools put them on blogs in Times Square.

i can give you a third chance at this, but make it count. also, do you know what a blog is.

Archived