UW @ ASU

win2bfree

On 10/15/2017 at 10:21 AM, row Z said:

Agree with most of this. Browning sucked last night, and has physical limitations that will probably keep him from being an NFL qb. I am most concerned with him holding the ball too long and trying to scramble out of problems like he is Russell Wilson. 

In his limited defense, he had shoulder surgery in the off season and I think that has effected his accuracy slightly. He air mailed a 3d down throw over Pettis or Bryant’s head last night that was uncharacteristic. Same with throw to Bryant in the end zone (slightly high). Also, he lost his left tackle last night and the drop off to the next guy is significant.

His accuracy has actually been better this year compared to last year but that could be do to the poor caliber of defenses he has faced.  I agree with you that shoulder surgery is a legitimate excuse for not showing improvement and I'm willing to give him a pass.  He is a Nor Cal kid and I want to root for him.  I just thought he would have improved than he has by now. 

4 hours ago, All Hail said:

His accuracy has actually been better this year compared to last year but that could be do to the poor caliber of defenses he has faced.  I agree with you that shoulder surgery is a legitimate excuse for not showing improvement and I'm willing to give him a pass.  He is a Nor Cal kid and I want to root for him.  I just thought he would have improved than he has by now. 

You mean as measured by his completion percentage? True, it is higher, but he is not throwing downfield nearly as much, and a far larger percentage of his passes are dump offs and short crossing routes. On the more difficult throws, I would say his accuracy is not as good as it was last year. He did some things last year that were eye-popping (35-45 yard throws dropped in a bucket), and that does not seem to be in his arsenal this year. 

Agree, he is a good kid and lays it out there for his team. I think there are better performances still in him, but things are just not clicking totally at the moment. He probably misses John Ross being open by 5 yards all the time. For what it is worth, Petersen said Browning played well on Saturday. It is possible that his receivers were just not open all night, which was not visible on tv. Still, Jake, please learn to throw it away before you take a 15-20 yard sack. That is not helping the team. 

Archived