Dana Altman and rape investigations

MrBug708

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

*Yawn*

You are either stupid because you mirsread what was written or you are being intentionally obtuse. Either way, there isn't any sense in engaging with your nonsense.

IOWs, Bug was again talking out of his ass, he can't back up his mouth, so he taps out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 9:27 PM, Jalapeno said:

Given the witch hunt that CU went through in the early 2000s that led to CU football being in the state it is these days, it's understandable why UO is being real careful in this.  I was still a young person at that time and even I was calling for Gary Barnett's firing when the me of today would say let the due process play out.

I guess I'm a realist on things.  Barnett wasn't going to be fired, the process was playing out, just as you say it should have.  However, then, riding a 7-2 season in 2005, he got whipped by Iowa State, smoked 30-3 at home by Nebraska, and totally humiliated in front of the nation by Texas 70-3 (it could have been 120-3 if Mack Brown hadn't gone easy).  That's when the pink slip was produced, and it wouldn't have been if he had won those games.

1 hour ago, Downthefield said:

I guess I'm a realist on things.  Barnett wasn't going to be fired, the process was playing out, just as you say it should have.  However, then, riding a 7-2 season in 2005, he got whipped by Iowa State, smoked 30-3 at home by Nebraska, and totally humiliated in front of the nation by Texas 70-3 (it could have been 120-3 if Mack Brown hadn't gone easy).  That's when the pink slip was produced, and it wouldn't have been if he had won those games.

That 2005 Big 12 CCG was just brutal.  Pretty much got a taste for what we did to the Cornheads in 2001.

3 hours ago, All Hail said:

The dude is shady as fuck at minimum.  At least the administrarion holds his hand as they lie together.  And lol at the records request, so shady.

True. However, I have to admit, I love shady.  Tark and LSU's Brown, my blood races when I think about them, just in your face to the establishment.  That's shady without a wallet-full (like Pitino, who played this game a lot differently, and not with honor), more like just pushing the edges on player behavior and grades.  These coaches win where they shouldn't be winning, re-stock like looters when the lights go out, and convince themselves (and sometime me, I have to say) that they're out there doing society a favor by lifting up the wasteland kids and giving them a second and third and fourth chance.  Prisons are supposed to rehabilitate, but they don't.  Basketball programs, on the other hand, when led by "reach-out" coaches serve a useful place in our world.

5 minutes ago, Downthefield said:

True. However, I have to admit, I love shady.  Tark and LSU's Brown, my blood races when I think about them, just in your face to the establishment.  That's shady without a wallet-full (like Pitino, who played this game a lot differently, and not with honor), more like just pushing the edges on player behavior and grades.  These coaches win where they shouldn't be winning, re-stock like looters when the lights go out, and convince themselves (and sometime me, I have to say) that they're out there doing society a favor by lifting up the wasteland kids and giving them a second and third and fourth chance.  Prisons are supposed to rehabilitate, but they don't.  Basketball programs, on the other hand, when led by "reach-out" coaches serve a useful place in our world.

There is some truth to this for sure.  However, the second chance aspect would be far more acceptable if they handled it with an ounce of integrity rather than lie, break your own rules, lie again,  hide documents that pertain to lying and then lie about why you hid documents.  If this is about rehabilitation (it's obviously about winning) then own that shit and stop acting so shady.   

3 hours ago, All Hail said:

There is some truth to this for sure.  However, the second chance aspect would be far more acceptable if they handled it with an ounce of integrity rather than lie, break your own rules, lie again,  hide documents that pertain to lying and then lie about why you hid documents.  If this is about rehabilitation (it's obviously about winning) then own that shit and stop acting so shady.   

I can't disagree with you, but the warmest of hearts sometimes take the back road on truth and also have self-interest as one of the prime motivators for their charity.  It's that complexity in life that makes Pac-12 and B1G schools (particularly those in the AAU) produce graduates who understand the nuances and layering of life's challenges and decisions.  Some lies are more worthy and less offensive than others.  For me, if the lie is there primarily (or solely) to promote self-ego or one's wallet or harm to another, it's unacceptable.  Other falshoods are more understandable, although still questionable.  I tend to see sports as theater, and if you want an entertaining show, the Dana Altmans and Barry Switzers and Mike Leaches can be just a lot of fun, even if they don't measure up to the standards of some stuffy administrators.

Archived