non-conference games

glduck

On 12/6/2017 at 10:31 PM, trickydlck said:

Kansas honestly didn't look great to me. How much of that was the Huskies and how much was Kansas we'll see. 

This was my thought too: Kansas does not look like a top 10 team. UW played soundly against Kansas, and it was surprising that was all it took to beat them. By contrast, Gonzaga looked clearly superior to Kansas in virtually all aspects.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tonight we have what could be the best team in the state of oregon (currently the state leader in terms of rpi anyway) on the road at knight arena to face the mighty ducks of oregon.

for realz tho portland state is good this year. oregon can’t half ass another performance.

On 12/11/2017 at 8:51 PM, MrBug708 said:

I'm sure you understand that as a fan of a team who underachieves with a lot of talent, simply performing well with a poor roster breakdown, doesn't mean it was a good coaching job, just an expect coaching job. But winning 25 games with the collection of talent Oregon has, isn't exactly going to be a great coaching job.

How many first-round picks has Altman coached at UO?  Since apparently the Ducks are teeming with all of this incredible talent.  

Your hatred of all things Oregon is a constant source of entertainment.

i’m not going to step into the middle of that, but as a general point i think most people who likely haven’t watched much oregon hoops yet will realize oregon isn’t close to as talented as they’ve been. 

our two senior transfers are awful — i argued against elijiah brown before he committed, and unless he gets A LOT better (its possible) i stand by that. mcintosh came from illinois state? he looks like it. not a pac 12 starter. and yet...

we start two forwards up front who can’t really rebound or defend. 

i like pritch. troy brown is obviously talented. i like paul white’s game and i wish he’d get more aggressive. wooten is our best interior guy by far. 

our best lineup is pritch/bailey/brown/white/wooten, but that’s 3 frosh, and aside from troy brown they’re not KENTUCKY freshmen, you know? talented, but they do silly/dumb things. this is a rebuilding year.

13 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9536199

That's pretty much the response I expected after such a stupid take by you.  You can't answer the question, so we get your patented Simpleton act.

Expanding on Bug's logic, Calipari/Coach K/Bill Self/Tom Izzo are all average coaches at best because they win 25-30 games a year with much more talent than other programs in the country.  

Using Bug's criteria, who are the great college coaches?  

25 minutes ago, PapaG said:

That's pretty much the response I expected after such a stupid take by you.  You can't answer the question, so we get your patented Simpleton act.

Expanding on Bug's logic, Calipari/Coach K/Bill Self/Tom Izzo are all average coaches at best because they win 25-30 games a year with much more talent than other programs in the country.  

Using Bug's criteria, who are the great college coaches?  

Don't be lazy. I would ask you to answer your own questions, but as we seen, you just talk shit and leave for a few days, acting like you didn't spout out nonsense. There are like 5 other threads where you spewed bullshit, get called out, and never pop back in to cover your own asshattery. So to think I'm going to engage with you on this nonsense, is stupid. Nice try snowflake. You won't be getting a response back from me in this thread about this subject, until you step up and answer your nonsense in other threads. It's safe to say, that won't happen, but at least you can't bitch about why I don't waste my time answering your stupid takes.

Back to talking about non conference games

3 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Don't be lazy. I would ask you to answer your own questions, but as we seen, you just talk shit and leave for a few days, acting like you didn't spout out nonsense. There are like 5 other threads where you spewed bullshit, get called out, and never pop back in to cover your own asshattery. So to think I'm going to engage with you on this nonsense, is stupid. Nice try snowflake. You won't be getting a response back from me in this thread about this subject, until you step up and answer your nonsense in other threads. It's safe to say, that won't happen, but at least you can't bitch about why I don't waste my time answering your stupid takes.

Back to talking about non conference games

So you're not going to answer a simple question, and instead are going to have the typical Bug meltdown because I pointed out a hole in your idiotic "logic."

If you don't think Altman is respected as a great coach by his peers, you have no business posting about CBB.  Then again, I know you're just trolling your own board, which you do quite frequently.

Hey Bug, using your logic, did you know that John Wooden wasn't a very good coach?  He had really good players, including some of the greatest players of all time in college and the NBA, so he was supposed to win those games.

So far

Arizona (7-3) Kenpom: 19 - Undefeated stateside

USC (4-3) Kenpom: 30 - Probably should be doing better. Melton's family is petitioning to have him reinstated

Arizona State (9-0) Kenpom: 34  - The surprise team of the PAC-12 for sure. Hurley is setting himself up nicely for that Duke job. Or another bigger, better job.

UCLA (7-2) Kenpom: 46 - Should really be undefeated but Alford and China. Best win is 61st ranked Wisconsin who isn;t going to the NCAA's this year

Oregon (8-3) Kenpom: 52 - Similar to UCLA. They've beaten any team lower than Kenpon ranking of 101. Lost to any team higher.

Utah (7-2) Kenpom: 59 - Done a nice job, considering their talent level. They have two decent Kenpom wins

Stanford (4-6) Kenpom: 110 - Biggest disappointment bar none. They were a fringe tournament team, now they are a fringe .500 team

Oregon State (7-3) Kenpom: 112 - Some bad losses, but I think they are still trying to gel

Colorado (7-3) Kenpom: 116 - They shouldn't be losing to bad teams at home. Boyle recruited poorly a couple years back and it's showing

Washington (7-3) Kenpom: 127 - It was nice to see them beat Kansas. They win/lose like Romar is still around

California (4-6) Kenpom: 168 - Better than WSU

Washington State (6-3) Kenpom: 186 - Better than SDSU

On 12/14/2017 at 5:10 PM, MrBug708 said:

Colorado (7-3) Kenpom: 116 - They shouldn't be losing to bad teams at home. Boyle recruited poorly a couple years back and it's showing

Buffs lost due to going ice cold on offense despite hitting the free throws against the Torreos.  Worst shooting performance under Boyle that I have seen.

Buffs just beat South Dakota State 112-103 in 2 OT and the Jacks are said to be one of the best small conference schools out there.  They have a legit NBA forward prospect in Daum.  The Buffs really started coming together in that one.  Tyler Bey might emerged as the next Andre Roberson for the Buffs and McKinley Wright IV...playmaker with the game on the line.  30 points, 9 rebounds, and 11 assists for Wright IV.

Now it's off to face Iowa before opening conference play at OSU.

Archived