Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

Ray Anderson just fired the second winningest coach we have had since Kush whole declaring we aspire to be a top 15 program, then hires a failed NFL coach that hasn’t coached in 10 years and hasn’t coached college since Nam. Fuck Ray Anderson. Fuck Michael crow, and fuck my life.

It sounds to me that Edwards is going to keep the whole staff and Napier will have more authority (maybe complete control of the offense). Maybe Anderson wants Napier to eventually be the HC and is using Edwards to groom him.

16 minutes ago, azgreg said:

It sounds to me that Edwards is going to keep the whole staff and Napier will have more authority (maybe complete control of the offense). Maybe Anderson wants Napier to eventually be the HC and is using Edwards to groom him.

Even IF that is the idea, whose to say any of these coordinators want to be associated with this shit show

2 hours ago, row Z said:

I dunno man. Seems like Willie has let this ambiguity linger a little bit. Just to be safe, I think the duck recruits should wait past the early signing date to make sure Willie won't fly the coop ... 

If he leaves, they will all be released from their letters of intent. 

15 hours ago, PapaG said:

The only parts he quoted are pro-Oregon.  I do like everybody shitting their pants over CWT maybe leaving.  The rest of the Pac has seen what this team and staff will do if they have a Herbert at QB.  I'd take Herbert over Darnold right now, no questions asked, and Rosen would be a tough call because Josh is a great pocket NFL passer.

This entire post is hilarious.  The rest of the pac is far more concerned with Chip Kelly, Chris Petersen and David Shaw than with WT. 

24 minutes ago, All Hail said:

insta-reactions:

1. how shitty are our in-state reporters that a clandestine meeting between the two biggest power players in oregon athletics is scooped by some blogger from carolina

2. "approval"? what is this, the godfather?

3. tag: i'm gonna leave. knight: no please don't. tag: no i'm gonna. knight: ok. you have my approval.

4. tag: i'm gonna leave (huge opening where knight's counter-offer should go).

5. i was specifically told by rogue that taggart wouldn't be on florida state's top 5 list. rogue explain yourself.

6. i'm fairly certain taggart was in california yesterday, and knight was in beaverton.

7. if this all goes down, i'm going to give jimbo fisher a swift punch in the kidney. 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

insta-reactions:

1. how shitty are our in-state reporters that a clandestine meeting between the two biggest power players in oregon athletics is scooped by some blogger from carolina

2. "approval"? what is this, the godfather?

3. tag: i'm gonna leave. knight: no please don't. tag: no i'm gonna. knight: ok. you have my approval.

4. tag: i'm gonna leave (huge opening where knight's counter-offer should go).

5. i was specifically told by rogue that taggart wouldn't be on florida state's top 5 list. rogue explain yourself.

6. i'm fairly certain taggart was in california yesterday, and knight was in beaverton.

7. if this all goes down, i'm going to give jimbo fisher a swift punch in the kidney. 

Yeah, I'm not sure how credible the blogger is but he does appear to work for two different newspapers and is followed by Greg Biggins among other recruiting guys.  

Just be sure to keep your grubby paws off of Wilcox please and thank you. 

lmao i came here to post that mops' calm demeanor was oddly comforting to me. i don't subscribe to 247 but i lurk at a site that just steals the insiders stuff and posts it for free and per mops' conversations with some recruits taggart has visited in the last few days on his california trip, none of the recruits are worried. 

which, like taggart's retweet yesterday, is either really good news or one shady twist of the knife.

I will say that the Florida State situation with Jimbo Fisher (ie, recruits fleeing left and right and boosters pressuring Jimbo to stay) certainly has a different feel to it than the Oregon situation.  If WT leaves at this point, he will have done so in much shadier, more mysterious way. 

Archived