Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams has coached the TEs, OL, and RBs under MacIntyre at SJSU and CU.  It's obvious he will be the run game coordinator but he won't be calling the plays.

I believe the new QB coach that CU will hire will be telling of where CU goes offensively.

Adams and Chivarni have really put in the most work recruiting on CU's behalf.  I'm curious to see how their efforts as co-OCs will do for CU's scoring offense which hasn't been that impressive under MacIntyre at CU.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:59 PM, KUGRDON said:

If true then Leach isn’t heading to Arkansas. The only other current job he has been linked to is Oregon but that seems to be a reach.

How will Cougar fans feel about Leach returning after showing interest in other jobs? Will they turn on him like husky fans did after Neuheisel interviewed with the Niners?

Seems like in Helton's ideal world, Tee stays on as position coach and Tyson gets OC role, but Tee won't take a demotion because of his recruiting ability, which I think is overstated. When Marques Tui was at USC, he was a great recruiter.  When he came to UCLA, he was underwhelming as one. I think the difference was he no longer had USC on his shirt, not any downgrade in abilities

On 12/3/2017 at 10:44 AM, RogueDuck said:

This isn't a communist country, poor schools shouldn't get help from rich schools.  And sports that are a drain on the athletic fund, shouldn't get paid any more than their scholorship.

*sigh*

Really wish some of you rightwingers could spend a week in an actual communist country so you know what that means.

1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

Seems like in Helton's ideal world, Tee stays on as position coach and Tyson gets OC role, but Tee won't take a demotion because of his recruiting ability, which I think is overstated. When Marques Tui was at USC, he was a great recruiter.  When he came to UCLA, he was underwhelming as one. I think the difference was he no longer had USC on his shirt, not any downgrade in abilities

Too many chefs in the play-calling kitchen.

Will be interesting to see if it has any impact in Darnold’s choice to stay or go.

as mentioned before, I think the OL & DB coaches (should/will) be replaced.

http://www.osubeavers.com/news/2017/12/7/experienced-staff-joins-football-program.aspx?path=football

Mike Riley is back in Corvallis as an assistant to Jonathan Smith.  There seems to be more hires on the way.

I would imagine that Beaver fans are underwhelmed by this new coaching staff especially compared to Gary Andersen's hiring.

4 hours ago, row Z said:

How will Cougar fans feel about Leach returning after showing interest in other jobs? Will they turn on him like husky fans did after Neuheisel interviewed with the Niners?

I think the backlash there had a lot to do with some lies that Neuheisel gave around the whole thing, not so much that he interviewed.

1 hour ago, trickydlck said:

I think the backlash there had a lot to do with some lies that Neuheisel gave around the whole thing, not so much that he interviewed.

True, it was a combination of the interviewing and the lying. Leach didn't lie to anyone, which makes it easier to come back. But I have to assume fan enthusiasm will cool a little.

Back to the Neuheisel scenario, wasn't it Ted Miller that overheard him on a cell phone at an airport talking about the interview that broke the story? Do I remember that correctly?

2 minutes ago, row Z said:

True, it was a combination of the interviewing and the lying. Leach didn't lie to anyone, which makes it easier to come back. But I have to assume fan enthusiasm will cool a little.

Back to the Neuheisel scenario, wasn't it Ted Miller that overheard him on a cell phone at an airport talking about the interview that broke the story? Do I remember that correctly?

You are remembering it correctly other than the name. It was some other PI or Times sportswriter. Think he was at SFO and overheard Neuheisel talking to his parents. :)

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

http://www.osubeavers.com/news/2017/12/7/experienced-staff-joins-football-program.aspx?path=football

Mike Riley is back in Corvallis as an assistant to Jonathan Smith.  There seems to be more hires on the way.

I would imagine that Beaver fans are underwhelmed by this new coaching staff especially compared to Gary Andersen's hiring.

Huh?

6 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Riley is the Billy Martin of college football, and the Beavers are his Yankees.

8 hours ago, Orange said:

*sigh*

Really wish some of you rightwingers could spend a week in an actual communist country so you know what that means.

Yes, I'm sure shit-talking Orange78, who if you didn't know matches his t-shirt and shoe color like the dandy he is, has much more insight on life in an "actual communist country" than a work counterpart of mine, and also a good friend, who is a 45 year old Lithuanian whose family worked to raise money for him to move to the USA after the Soviet bloc crumbled in 1991 so he could live the American dream.  Yes, life in the Soviet bloc was peaches and cream according to him.  If the Lithuanians got too uppity, the Soviets would just turn off the power in the area for as long as they damn well please, no matter the time of year.  I really wish you had been born there instead of him, you clown.

Is there a more arrogant, yet clueless, piece of dung than this angry guy Beavs78?

Archived