Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

On 12/5/2017 at 5:14 PM, Jalapeno said:

Adams has coached the TEs, OL, and RBs under MacIntyre at SJSU and CU.  It's obvious he will be the run game coordinator but he won't be calling the plays.

I believe the new QB coach that CU will hire will be telling of where CU goes offensively.

Adams and Chivarni have really put in the most work recruiting on CU's behalf.  I'm curious to see how their efforts as co-OCs will do for CU's scoring offense which hasn't been that impressive under MacIntyre at CU.

I'm not into getting caught in an argument, but this is an upgrade over Lindgren by CU?  It sure doesn't look that way.  The Buffs are at a crossroads, one path being a return to the last decade of misery, or the other to return to the glory days of the 70's through '90's (minus Fairbanks).  The coaching hires of the last ten months seem to indicate that the goal (or at least the wherewithal) just isn't to repeat the ride to mountain tops of the past.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, PapaG said:

Yes, I'm sure shit-talking Orange78, who if you didn't know matches his t-shirt and shoe color like the dandy he is, has much more insight on life in an "actual communist country" than a work counterpart of mine, and also a good friend, who is a 45 year old Lithuanian whose family worked to raise money for him to move to the USA after the Soviet bloc crumbled in 1991 so he could live the American dream.  Yes, life in the Soviet bloc was peaches and cream according to him.  If the Lithuanians got too uppity, the Soviets would just turn off the power in the area for as long as they damn well please, no matter the time of year.  I really wish you had been born there instead of him, you clown.

Is there a more arrogant, yet clueless, piece of dung than this angry guy Beavs78?

Christ you're fucking retarded.  Then let your friend comment about profit-sharing among public schools, you stupid sack of shit.  This post was directed at the idiots here who've never been ANYWHERE calling normal resource spreading and taxation "communist".

The fuck's wrong with matching a t-shirt and shoes, you classless redneck?  Does Wal-Mart not afford you that luxury?  You seem like a guy who buys a dog and chains it to a fence all its life.  

14 hours ago, Downthefield said:

I'm not into getting caught in an argument, but this is an upgrade over Lindgren by CU?  It sure doesn't look that way.  The Buffs are at a crossroads, one path being a return to the last decade of misery, or the other to return to the glory days of the 70's through '90's (minus Fairbanks).  The coaching hires of the last ten months seem to indicate that the goal (or at least the wherewithal) just isn't to repeat the ride to mountain tops of the past.

We'll see how it goes but many CU fans including me are happy to see Lindgren go.  When you are 11th in scoring on offense four times in five years, it's time for a change period.  After seeing how much the defense struggled this season, getting an entirely new offensive staff was out of the question.  No need to struggle on both sides of the ball which could cost MacIntyre his job with another season like this season.  According to "sources" and other ways of getting information, CU's offensive players are very thrilled with this staff move.

Both Chev and Adams (the co-Coordinators) want to go with a smaller playbook and more uptempo similar to what CU did in the first half of the 2016 season.  I like that idea especially going against CSU who loses quite a few players from this year's squad along with Nebraska where Scott Frost might need one "free" year to get things going in Lincoln.

Pressure will be on MacIntyre and staff since CU's schedule is very favorable in the first half of the season: CSU, @Neb, FCS UNH, UCLA, ASU, and @USC.  CU should easily be 4-2 or 5-1 with that schedule.

CU fails to make a bowl game next season, I will be one of many CU fans howling for a coaching change.

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

Dykes is a Texas guy.  He connects with that culture.  SMU is a place where he could do well, particularly in connecting with high school coaches and players' parents.  Cal clearly was not.  The peg has to fit the slot.  Having him out of Berkeley and down in Dallas is good for both ends of that deal. 

Apparently Chip Kelly just fired two coaches, who he wasn't going to retain anyways, before the bowl game in which they were going to coach in. Scott White was partially let go because he was retweeting negative tweets about the incoming DB coach by UCLA prospects. "Meat" Martin, the old DB coach, was also let go, as he was starting to cause some trouble with DB recruits because of the popularity he had on the 7-7 circuit, to the point where it was becoming a distraction. Some fans wanted to keep him because recruits and players were pushing for him, but that's a silly reason to keep a bad coach. I guess Kelly means business with this move.

Archived