Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

2 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Then I'd assume Mario will hire a Cuban DC, if that's the logic.

Is there a Oregon alumnus who is coaching on the defensive side who happens to be Cuban?

I'm guessing Oregon doesnt have a big Polynesian history in their football program? The Polynesian community is tight. Just because they aren't family by blood, doesn't mean they don't each other quite well. UCLA had a player, Sam Tai, who was "family" with pretty much every Polynesian kid out there. They all know each other. The kid USC landed as a grad transfer from Utah, ended up knowing a lot of families of recruits last year and it helped with them.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Is there a Oregon alumnus who is coaching on the defensive side who happens to be Cuban?

I'm guessing Oregon doesnt have a big Polynesian history in their football program? The Polynesian community is tight. Just because they aren't family by blood, doesn't mean they don't each other quite well. UCLA had a player, Sam Tai, who was "family" with pretty much every Polynesian kid out there. They all know each other. The kid USC landed as a grad transfer from Utah, ended up knowing a lot of families of recruits last year and it helped with them.

High school kids going for the poly connection in selecting a school I s commonplace.  They are leaving home for the first time and likely won’t return till graduation because of the expense.

Grown ass men doing it. . .not a thing.  Joe didn’t go to or leave WSU because of a Polynesian connection in Pullman or Eugene.  He took the best job available. His next job will be the same.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

this person I’ve never heard of may be right. took quite a bit to pry salave’a away last year.

If you’re talking about James Williams he is a WSU running back.

Mastro leaving would really make him look bad because Borghi only committed to WSU because of Mastro.

if Mastro leaves, Borghi should be released if he so desires.  I think he’s already enrolled and taking classes.

Archived