Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, you have.  There is no reason for the early signing period other than to increase the pressure exerted by coaches making millions of dollars a year on 18  year old student athletes.  This is fair if you ignore the reality of the interaction between the recruit and the recruiter.  If you forget that kids pick a team partly based on how their skill sets match the system implemented.  If you forget that kids pick a school based on the skill set, accomplishments and methodology of the coach.  When head or their position coaches leave, players should be released.  It’s just fair.

i like the early signing period (and i wouldn’t mind it moved up even earlier, to be honest) because recruiting is a 2-3 year process nowadays, “i’m committed so please don’t contact me” means nothing, and i like that kids who commit to schools rather than coaches can get the whole exhausting ordeal over with sooner so that they can enjoy their senior year of high school. it’s a risk, but if you’re comfortable i think it’s a nice option to have. for those that commit to a school because of a coach, or love the process, or need to take every last moment to make the best choice for their future, by all means wait till February.

Archived