Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

Kelly apparently kicked the tires on Yost before hiring Bible, but I have no idea who wasnt interested in each other past that.

Yost is the OC at USU, but when he was at UO he said he had no interest in ever being a power 5 OC again.  He likes having time to do things outside of football and got burnt out at Mizzou.  Of course that could have changed.

56 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Jimmy Lake's name has been tossed around as a candidate for CU.  Of all the names I've heard, he would be the guy I'd want if I was a CU fan.  

I agree.  Would hate to see him go and hate to see UW recruit against him, but he is the most intriguing and best fit of the names mentioned.

2 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

Jimmy Lake's name has been tossed around as a candidate for CU.  Of all the names I've heard, he would be the guy I'd want if I was a CU fan.  

Yes he would fit the #1 criteria for Rick George which is recruiting.

1 hour ago, azgreg said:

1. Nope.  I'd lose my mind if CU hires another WAC/MWC coach.

2. Nope.  See #1.

3. He's my #1 choice at this point.  He drinks Red Bulls and Coloradoans love their energy drinks including myself.

4. His name hasn't been coming up much in talks among CU fans.  I'd be interested.

5. Nope...does he really call the plays for that KC offense?  He was the OC under Embree.  I really want a fresh start.

6. Maybe and he gets bonus points for beating Nebraska. B)

7. He might take over for Urban Meyer so I'm not sure he leaves Ohio State anytime soon.

8. Yes.  He would be my #2 choice.  The reason for #2 is I want more of an offensive minded coach.

9. Doesn't his wife hate the cold?  His APR issues at Cal could be a deal-breaker.

10. I was going to say nah then I hit up Wikipedia.  Given how Matt Campbell has done at Iowa State, worth looking into.

I don't care if the new coach stays for a short time before moving on to a bigger job as long as he recruits real well and has an exciting offense.

27 minutes ago, glduck said:

AD: so tell me about yourself.

holgorsen: well my offenses are routinely top 15 nationally and i've cultivated a successful atmosphere at west virginia -- 

AD: yes yes that's all well and good, but tell me about your energy drink consumption and why you have the worst comb over on the planet?

Fixed GL.

Here are the coaches I have read about that are potentially linked to a potential USC head coach search.

• Clay Helton
  • James Franklin
  • Matt Campbell
  • Jeff Brohm
  • Jack Del Rio
  • Jeff Fisher
  • Jeff Tedford
  • Kyle Whittingham
  • Pete Carroll (no, really I did read a headline on this).

1)   It would seem if your name starts with a J, you have a shot.

2)   Don't bother telling me why XXXX is not going to take the job.  We know.

Archived