Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

5 hours ago, glduck said:

“i say, aren’t all universities located within greater metro areas of 18 million people? why would anyone feel the need to recruit outside of their immediate vicinity?”

Sheldon's coach makes much more sense, doesn't it?  As the saying goes, Win the Willamette Valley in recruiting, and you win the Pac 12.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, glduck said:

we wouldn’t. not sure where this “strictly a florida recruiting tool” talk even came from. it sounds like they’re talking about a one-year deal in an offensive consultant role. not play calling, just a guy who might pitch some ideas as arroyo implements his offense.

I think Cristobal has the Florida connections, along with a few others, over anything Erickson has left there.  Erickson was Cristobal's head coach at Miami, so maybe Mario wants to pick his brain for a year?  I don't see the problem.

Oh, but he got a DUI once years ago.  Bug is very concerned about it.  Dpn't fret Bug, uber and Lyft both serve Eugene, but not Corvallis.

32 minutes ago, PapaG said:

I think Cristobal has the Florida connections, along with a few others, over anything Erickson has left there.  Erickson was Cristobal's head coach at Miami, so maybe Mario wants to pick his brain for a year?  I don't see the problem.

Oh, but he got a DUI once years ago.  Bug is very concerned about it.  Dpn't fret Bug, uber and Lyft both serve Eugene, but not Corvallis.

Why do you always say dipshit things that make no sense?

44 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Why do you always say dipshit things that make no sense?

You mean like "I think he got a DUI in Corvallis" so that means he may have drinking issues?  What the fuck was that all about?  I mean, I know that anything Oregon triggers you massively, but that one makes zero sense.

Also, some words of advice on extra bedding for kids from a dad with teens.  Dude, go to TJ Maxx or Ross and grab some extra sets.  That's what those stores are for because kids don't care about thread count when they have cracker and cookie crumbs in bed with them.

3 minutes ago, PapaG said:

You mean like "I think he got a DUI in Corvallis" so that means he may have drinking issues?  What the fuck was that all about?  I mean, I know that anything Oregon triggers you massively, but that one makes zero sense.

Also, some words of advice on extra bedding for kids from a dad with teens.  Dude, go to TJ Maxx or Ross and grab some extra sets.  That's what those stores are for because kids don't care about thread count when they have cracker and cookie crumbs in bed with them.

Doubling down on being a dumbshit I see. And speaking of being triggered so easily, quit being such an asshat and start being a decent human being and acting all insensitive or butthurt on every little thing. There isn't a conspiracy.

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

I honestly think you don’t read or comprehend what others post here. I’m with Orange on this one. You must be 16 years old.  There happens to be some very savvy posters here with a lot of sport’s knowledge. No offense but maybe a conference board setting isn’t your gig. You seem like an immature, insecure blatant homer only interested your own opinions or Oregon Duck propaganda. Erickson is still deeply rooted in Florida recruiting.

20 minutes ago, utenation said:

I honestly think you don’t read or comprehend what others post here. I’m with Orange on this one. You must be 16 years old.  There happens to be some very savvy posters here with a lot of sport’s knowledge. No offense but maybe a conference board setting isn’t your gig. You seem like an immature, insecure blatant homer only interested your own opinions or Oregon Duck propaganda. Erickson is still deeply rooted in Florida recruiting.

Excuse me, but what did I say incorrect about Bug bringing up Erickson's DUI, or Cristobal having very recent connections to Florida recruiting?  I was even the first to post that Erickson was Cristobal's head coach at Miami, which is pretty fucking relevant information and may explain the hire a bit more.

4 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I think my confusion or just questioning lies with already having Leavitt and Cristobal on the staff, why bring another guy strictly for his connections across the country, and someone in his 60s. 

Because he was Cristobal's college head coach, he's available, and Cristobal respects Dennis as a head coach.  Which I already posted.  Why do you think it has anything to do with recruiting Florida?  Dennis hasn't lived in Miami since the early 1990s in any sort of football capacity.

22 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

You Libtard! I'm pretty sure he isn't going to read past where you agreed with Orange, if he bothers to come back and clean up his mess.

I've literally never called anyone a "Libtard" or a "Contard."  Also, anyone who agrees with Orange78 isn't exactly held in high-esteem by me.  What's funny is he calls me a douche' and it gets ignored, then I say I could be a bigger one if I was him and all he can answer with is "Derp."  That's quite the comeback there.  Got me big time!

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

Why do you think it has anything to do with recruiting Florida?  Dennis hasn't lived in Miami since the early 1990s in any sort of football capacity.

Clearly the man has lost touch with his Florida connections.. Here's a few players he's recruited directly or had a hand in while at Utah since 2013..

Donavan Thompson *3 Miami 

Terelle Perriman *3 Miami

Zack Moss *3 Hallendale Beach

Tyler Huntley *3 Hallendale Beach

Demari Simpkins *3 Hallendale Beach

Devonte Henry Cole *2 Ft Lauderdale

Tyson Cisrow *3  Ft Lauderdale

Chris Hart *3  Ft Lauderdale

Dacourvis Law *3 Haines City

Kendrick Young *3 Gainesville 

Andre Godfrey *3 Mirimar

14 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I'd say the need to recruit east of the Mississippi is mostly unnecessary for any school located on the left coast. I didnt say to ignore it, but citing valuable inroads there seems unncessary. But it does help that you guys are locking up the in-state talent

I wouldn’t hire a coach strictly because of recruiting ties to Florida or anywhere else. But it’s definitely a plus.  Writing off Florida unwise even if on left coast.  7 current roster spots to Floridians on WSU including three wide receivers, also some from GA.

honestly i'm dumb and i spaced the fact that cristobal played under erickson yesterday when the rumor first started floating around. this makes more sense now. not in a "this will make oregon better" way, but in trying to figure out why either cristobal would reach out, or entertain the notion of an analyst position if erickson's the one that reached out.

arroyo is easily the coordinator/position coach i'm most uneasy with, bring in all the old sage coaches i say.

19 hours ago, Orange said:

Is he still having issues with alcohol?  He got a DUI in Corvallis.

I don't recall him getting a DUI while with the Beavers. He got a DUI when he was head coach of the Seahawks back in 1995. He was pulled over on I-5 North of Marysville, and he blew a .23. 

A friend of mine was in Moscow, Idaho in 2006 and went into a local bar for a beer. Guess who was knocking back Bud Lights in the place? My friend said he was friendly and funny, just a regular guy.

11 hours ago, utenation said:

He's been this way forever.  He's a child.  You should see him on the politics board right now, arguing Trump isn't a racist.  Somewhere, rational people in his family talk about him as the dumb, racist uncle at thanksgiving dinner.

Archived