The thread for famous people and sexual misconduct

MrBug708

11 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

Yahoo had a list of all the celebrities being accused right now, and some guy is accusing Mariah Carey.  Now I don't get what kind of guy gets upset when Mariah sexually "harasses" them?  

The claim is more centered around her constantly referring to the guy as a "KKK member", a nazi, a skinhead, and a white supremacist, purely because he had a shaved head.  I, too, have a shaved head and get that all the time, though I imagine having Mariah make a dumb joke endlessly would get old, and could amount to harassment, especially if she tells a ton of people and they believe her.

Your comment about how you don't know why a guy could get upset about sexual harassment from a woman betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of why these claims are submitted: It's the power dynamic. 

Sure, seeing Mariaha naked (preferably not in her fat stage) could be delightful, unless you depend on a paycheck from her, and anything you do in response to her advances could be interpreted as wrong and put your job in jeopardy.  That's really the crux of all of these harassment claims; threats to people's livelihood.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/08/mariah-carey-security-guard-lawsuit-sue-nazi-sexual-harassment/

1 hour ago, glduck said:

since i posted this i've seen two different outlets come out and call this apology "awful", so fuck me i guess. 

Don't worry, I thought I nailed it when I said Louis CK's apology was perfect.  Apparently all women everywhere disagree with me.

Maybe the best apology is just "I'm deeply, deeply sorry, and whatever punishment the courts deem sufficient, lay it on me."  Full stop.

a few buddies and i did a dan patrick show-esqu faux draft of the next round of potential names to come out and matt lauer was my first pick. 

i haven't read anything but headlines at this point, but since they straight up fired him instead of launching an investigation i imagine they've got decades of shit on him. 

honestly, the patriarchy has failed. let's let women take over. 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

a few buddies and i did a dan patrick show-esqu faux draft of the next round of potential names to come out and matt lauer was my first pick. 

i haven't read anything but headlines at this point, but since they straight up fired him instead of launching an investigation i imagine they've got decades of shit on him. 

honestly, the patriarchy has failed. let's let women take over. 

Again, this was my point in my original thread on this topic about piggish men.

A point that Don roundly condemned.  Probably because he enjoys the patriarchy, and his freedom to "tell pretty girls that they are pretty."

Archived