PAC-12 Bowl Season Thread

MrBug708

Based on everything I've read this morning:

COTTON:  #8 USC (11-2)  vs.  #5 Ohio State (11-2)

FIESTA:  #11 Washington (10-2)  vs.  #9 Penn State (10-2)

ALAMO:  #13 Stanford (9-4)  vs.  #15 TCU (10-3)

HOLIDAY:  #18 Wazzu (9-3)  vs.  #16 Michigan State (9-3)

FOSTER FARM:  Arizona (7-5)  vs.  Iowa (7-5)

SUN:  Arizona State (7-5)  vs.  Louisville (8-4)

VEGAS:  Oregon (7-5)  vs.  #25 Boise State (10-3)

CACTUS:  UCLA (6-6)  vs.  Kansas State (7-5)

HEART OF DALLAS:  Utah (6-6)  vs.  Texas (6-6)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC vs OSU in the Cotton Bowl.

Washington vs Penn St in the Fiesta Bowl.

Stanford vs TCU in the Alamo Bowl.

Washington St vs Michigan St in the Holiday Bowl.

Arizona vs Purdue in the Foster Farms Bowl.

ASU vs NC State In the Sun Bowl.

Oregon vs Boise St in the Las Vegas Bowl.

UCLA vs Kansas St in the Cactus bowl.

Utah vs West Virginia in the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

i’ve wanted another shot at boise for 8 years now. i, uh, hope we have a coach and the team isn’t all turmoil-y because i’m not sure i can handle a third loss to that trucking school.

sucks about our recruiting weekend, but it would have been nice to have the foresight to realize vegas was always a possibility.

5 minutes ago, glduck said:

i’ve wanted another shot at boise for 8 years now. i, uh, hope we have a coach and the team isn’t all turmoil-y because i’m not sure i can handle a third loss to that trucking school.

sucks about our recruiting weekend, but it would have been nice to have the foresight to realize vegas was always a possibility.

As much as I’d like to see Oregon get a W, I don’t like this matchup with Boise. They are rolling pretty well right now.

19 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Updated.

Great, and I mean GREAT, set of matchups for the Pac-12. Let's review:

USC  vs.  Ohio State - Not a bad consolation prize for falling short of the Playoffs. USC, the Pac-12 champ, faces off against Ohio State, the Big Ten champ, in what many will consider the Rose Bowl lite. Trojans fans are thrilled

Washington  vs.  Penn State - Washington spent the majority of the last few weeks figuring they were out of the NY6 entirely. Instead, they draw a high profile opponent in the Fiesta Bowl. Huskies fans are thrilled

Stanford  vs.  TCU - Heading into the Washington game at 6-3, I figured Stanford would be lucky to get back to the Sun Bowl. While falling just short of a Pac-12 championship stings, the better team won that day and I'm just happy to have landed in the best non-NY6 matchup this bowl season. Stanford fans are thrilled

Washington State  vs.  Michigan State - Not did the Cougs avoid a Foster Farms bowl against lowly Purdue but they managed to draw a highly ranked Michigan State team that should provide plenty of thrills. Washington State fans are thrilled

Arizona  vs.  Purdue - The opponent may leave a lot to be desired but considering the abysmal preseason expectations, I have to imagine Arizona is more than pleased to be landing in a California bowl game. Arizona fans are thrilled

Arizona State  vs.  NC State - After starting the season 1-2, I'm pretty sure even the Sun Devils left themselves for dead. To end up in a bowl game against a ranked opponent is a pretty special way to cap off an unexpected second half surge by the Devils. Arizona State fans are thrilled

Oregon  vs.  Boise State - When Braxton Burmeister took over, it looked like the Ducks may miss out on a bowl game for the second consecutive season. Instead, they head to Sin City for a shot at revenge against a ranked Boise State squad. Oregon fans are thrilled

UCLA  vs.  Kansas State - I can see UCLA fans not being all that excited about this one. The venue is second rate but the opponent provides a bit of intrigue. Nevertheless, with a once in a generation QB like Rosen, Bruins fans must be a bit disappointed to have not ended up in a higher profile bowl game

Utah  vs.  West Virginia - After that ugly October losing streak, I wouldn't be surprised if Ute fans were just happy to be going bowling this season. Considering the Utes didn't even make the Pac-12 bowl cut, they could have wound up with a plenty worse opponent than West Virginia. Utah fans are thrilled

1 hour ago, glduck said:

Sounds like it will be next weekend, same as Chip's at UCLA

That's a nice lineup of bowls for the conference.  Every match-up is interesting.  Every opponent has some dangerous pieces.  The Pac-12 could do very well, or could lose a bunch of these.  Outside of not being in the national playoff, it's the best lineup top to bottom that we've had in some time.

That's a nice lineup of bowls for the conference.  Every match-up is interesting.  Every opponent has some dangerous pieces.  The Pac-12 could do very well, or could lose a bunch of these.  Outside of not being in the national playoff, it's the best lineup top to bottom that we've had in some time.

20 hours ago, azgreg said:

I gotta take tOSU with Urban Meyer having 4 weeks to gameplan.  I think it'll be close.  Trojans usually play well in bowls.  I just think tOSU has a bit more talent.  This will be the best non-playoff bowl game of the year.

For some reason I feel like UW is rolling, and they can beat Penn State.

I like TCU over Stanford.  Bryce Love will have some time to heal up, but even still the Cardinal have a lot of questions at QB.

I like MSU over the Cougs.  Combine coaching turmoil with a hangover from the Apple Cub loss (which can cut both ways...call it a pick em?)

Zona over Iowa.  

Louisville will be too much for ASU.

Gonna take the Ducks with Herbert over the Idaho Remedial Reading.  BIG.

UCLA in a bowl game?  hahahahahahaha, K-State wins.

I like the Utes over the Union Hillbillies.

Conference goes 5-4.  A winning record will be plenty to crow about with a bowl lineup this solid.

Archived