Todd Graham fired

utenation

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You fire Graham. Then the a.d. hires a guy who hasn't coached in CFB since 1989 and whose last season in the pros was 2-14. It makes no sense. Graham had some shortcomings, but just firing people to replace them with retreads is FS. 

There is definitely something that we aren't being told about the Graham/Crow/Anderson dynamic.

I would be willing to bet that Graham didnt get along with at least one of the two. You just dont pay 12 million dollars to buy out a head coach who successfully rebounded from an awful season the year before and then replace him with a guy who has spent the last decade out of coaching altogether. 

59 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

There is definitely something that we aren't being told about the Graham/Crow/Anderson dynamic.

I would be willing to bet that Graham didnt get along with at least one of the two. You just dont pay 12 million dollars to buy out a head coach who successfully rebounded from an awful season the year before and then replace him with a guy who has spent the last decade out of coaching altogether. 

Agreed.

Signed Jim Harbaugh and the Niners. 

#dumbmove

On 12/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, Servo said:

You fire Graham. Then the a.d. hires a guy who hasn't coached in CFB since 1989 and whose last season in the pros was 2-14. It makes no sense. Graham had some shortcomings, but just firing people to replace them with retreads is FS. 

My bet is, this sets ASU back a decade after a 4-5 year pointless journey with an idiot coaching and even bigger idiots pulling the strings.  A big price tag on an what will be an empty remodeled stadium to boot. Egos be damned.

7 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

His team finished 7-5 with a pretty weak OOC, let’s not pretend his “rebound” season was better than it was

What do you call going from 2-7 in conference in '16 to 6-3 in conference this year? Do you not consider that a rebound? Not your team so I wouldn't expect anyone to notice, but ASU made pretty clear improvement game to game all season. They went 1-2 in their OOC schedule, so not sure why you think that had any bearing on their season. Then they beat Oregon (first time they had done that in a decade), and beat a top 5 team in UW. Perhaps most impressive to me was ASU going on the road right after that emotional win over UW and soundly beating Utah. That is a trap game for any team in this conference, 9 times out of 10.

The one game that left a lot to be desired was the UCLA game. Some of the coaching decisions in that one were head scratching to say the least. This is a year that most had ASU picked to win 4, maybe 5 games total.

2 hours ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

What do you call going from 2-7 in conference in '16 to 6-3 in conference this year? 

Cherry-picking.

But hey, if you think that 

10-4
10-3
6-7
5-7
7-5
is headed in the right direction with a much tougher schedule next year, then awesome.  As for the team getting better through year & winning 2 of the last 3, I guess it wasn’t all that obvious because Graham’s seat was hot going into the territorial cup.

4 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Cherry-picking.

But hey, if you think that 

10-4
10-3
6-7
5-7
7-5
is headed in the right direction with a much tougher schedule next year, then awesome.  As for the team getting better through year & winning 2 of the last 3, I guess it wasn’t all that obvious because Graham’s seat was hot going into the territorial cup.

Grahams seat was hot because he was told before the season started he would need to win 7 games to keep his job. Truth is that Ray Anderson had predetermined his fate regardless of the wins. 

Yes, I did cherry pick the only record that matters for ASU. Last time i checked, OOC does not have any bearing whatsoever on the PAC12 championship.ASU went 3-0 last year in OOC and finished 2-7 in conference, 5-7 overall. ASU isnt in the running for the playoff so their OOC doesn't matter. So yes, 6-3 is better than 2-7.

Archived