DL Malik Dorton

OL Chuma Edoga

WR Devontay Burnett 

OL Chris Brown

OL Rot Hemsley

TE Tyler Petite

TE Daniel Imatorbhebhe

DL Rasheem Green

Not many seniors at all.  Depending on the juniors though, we could have a very experienced or a very young team next year.

Besides QB, both lines are the biggest concern (aren’t they always).

CU's Isaiah Oliver is going pro early.  Given how well CU has done at DBs under MacIntyre, I'm not too concerned plus Oliver was injuried in the middle of the season so his replacements got some experience.  If the CU DL plays better next season, the DB replacements will look pretty good too.

CU might be losing three seniors at WR, but one senior (Kabion Ento) with a redshirt to use used that redshirt this season.  Juwann Winfree (who had a big game against USC) is a former Maryland Terp who will be coming back for his senior season.  And there's Jay MacIntyre who will be a senior as well.  Several true freshmen (KD Nixon and Laviska Shenault) have shown flashes as well so I am not concerned about the WR group.

If there is one CU fan that is not concerned about the loss of Phillip Lindsay at RB, please tell me where that fan is at so I can give that fan a big slap on the back of the head.  RB is going to be the position to watch for CU in recruiting and spring ball.  Lindsay was also the heart and soul of the Buffs so his loss is going to be big for the Buffs.

I have heard about LB Drew Lewis possibly leaving CU early as well..I think he needs one more season in Boulder.

Montez can leave for the NFL as well but he's going to be back.  If he learns how to read defenses, check downs, and target more than 1 WR at a time, he's a potential first rounder.

(this post will be edited at times)

39 minutes ago, win2bfree said:

UW backup QB KJ Carta-Samuels (former 4 star Elite 11 QB - first QB signed by Petersen at UW) will go the grad transfer route and will be eligible immediately.

I hear a school down I-5 needs a QB...that seems to be the obvious place to go (OSU).

I'll go ahead and sound off on the Stanford seniors/early draft declarations (from the starting two-deep):

Seniors:

FB Daniel Marx - Starter

OG David Bright - Starter

DE Eric Cotton - Starter

* OLB Peter Kalambayi - Starter

QB Ryan Burns - Backup

OLB Mike Tyler - Backup

ILB Kevin Palma - Backup

Juniors not expected to return for their 4th/5th year:

OT Casey Tucker - 2016 Starter (redshirted this season)

QB Keller Chryst - Backup

OG Brandon Fanaika - Backup

CB Terrence Alexander - Backup

FS Denzel Franklin - Backup

Juniors expected to declare of the NFL Draft:

RB Bryce Love - Starter

DT Harrison Phillips - Starter

Juniors that may declare of the NFL Draft:

TE Dalton Schultz - Starter

ILB Bobby Okereke - Starter

CB Quenton Meeks - Starter

SS Justin Reid - Starter

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/12/jonathan_smith_staying_in_touc.html

Glad to see Smith is keeping in touch with the best skill player on the team.

I'm conflicted.  I want Nall to keep playing for Oregon State, but I also think, personally, the kid deserves to play behind a better line, and for a better defense.  He's an amazing athlete; McCaffrey-like ability to run away from the defense and bowl through the offensive line for 4 yards when it looks like he's going down in the backfield.  

Archived