The Going Early/Pro thread

MrBug708

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TE Dalton Schultz declared earlier today.

DT Harrison Phillips is set to declare any day now.

S Justin Reid is said to be leaning towards declaring.

CB Quenton Meeks has recently been rumored to be considering going pro as well- he's likely a 50/50 bet as of now.

RB Bryce Love is expected by virtually everyone to declare. And yet... I've been hearing some interesting rumors the last few days from those in the know. We'll find out soon enough. 

For a team that just finished 9-5 and fell short of expectations this season, I'm a bit puzzled by the high number of anticipated draft declarations. Seems like it's becoming more and more of a theme for guys to take off at the first opportunity (even if they're not ready or would benefit greatly from coming back for one more year). Sad to see what's happening to this sport.

Anybody who can go should go.  Risk of injury too high in a violent sport to come back for a perceived benefit of being drafted higher.  It should not be a surprise or a disappointment for people who are being paid nothing to opt for millions.

college football is being operated for the financial benefit of professionals, ADs, coaches, staff and media.

21 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Anybody who can go should go.

And what of those that declare early only to go undrafted?  For every “millionaire” there’s probably a dozen that don’t make an NFL practice squad, CFL or arena league team.  Perhaps for them, another year playing in college might have helped.

24 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

And what of those that declare early only to go undrafted?  For every “millionaire” there’s probably a dozen that don’t make an NFL practice squad, CFL or arena league team.  Perhaps for them, another year playing in college might have helped.

A very low percentage of those that go undrafted would be drafted with another year of college.  Anyone who can go, should go.  They have to get good advise as to whether they can go, not just wishful thinking.

9 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

A very low percentage of those that go undrafted would be drafted with another year of college.  Anyone who can go, should go.  They have to get good advise as to whether they can go, not just wishful thinking.

There is, quite literally, no way to know that this is true.

That said, I agree that guys like Bryce Love should most-def leave now (especially if they're graduating but still have more eligibility).

since i base my team's drafts strictly on local players i know (a great strategy employed by no professional GM's) i want the seahawks to snag nall as a tb/fb option player late as well as the boise linebacker who owned the souls of every single one of our offensive players in vegas. 

6 minutes ago, glduck said:

since i base my team's drafts strictly on local players i know (a great strategy employed by no professional GM's) i want the seahawks to snag nall as a tb/fb option player late as well as the boise linebacker who owned the souls of every single one of our offensive players in vegas. 

My searingly unsatiated homer id is nodding vigorously at this.  Nall is sneaky fast and built like a tank.

Archived