2019 Transfers

Scscsc89

QUESTION for Oregon fans:

Would D'Eriq King fit the Oregon offense as it's currently constructed?

Seems to me like this would be the perfect year to pick up a transfer QB and he strikes me as the best option on the market (based on pure production at least).

If King could replicate the performance he had in 2018 with the playmakers up in Eugene, the Ducks offense look very much like it did in 2015 with Vernon Adams at the helm.

It's an amusing thought at the very least.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Card Tricks said:

Seems to me like this would be the perfect year to pick up a transfer QB and he strikes me as the best option on the market (based on pure production at least).

If King could replicate the performance he had in 2018 with the playmakers up in Eugene, the Ducks offense look very much like it did in 2015 with Vernon Adams at the helm.

The coaches don't think so as there's no contact with him. They want the 50% passer from Wake Forest instead. 

I’d rather go with Shough anyhow. I don’t know how to phrase that without it coming off as “we didn’t want him anyway” but whatevs. I wouldn’t mind bringing in some depth though. I don’t know shit about Millen, and I know Butterfield is enrolled already but true freshman, etc.

From what I understand, Oklahoma's been making it explicitly clear to would-be transfers that they now have a freshman they're willing to ride with (Spencer Rattler).

Arkansas is considered to be one of the early front-runners for King but as we found out with Newman, that doesn't mean much. Something tells me if Oregon came calling, King would reciprocate. And if you ask me, King is about twice as good as Newman when it comes to natural playmaking ability. 

If Oregon would consider Newman, I don't understand why they wouldn't consider King as well.

With Joe Moorehead joining the Ducks as the new OC, the D'Eriq King situation just got a little more intriguing. I'm no expert on his offensive scheme but looking back at how he used Trace McSorley at Penn State, it seems to me like King would be the perfect fit for his system.

2 minutes ago, Card Tricks said:

With Joe Moorehead joining the Ducks as the new OC, the D'Eriq King situation just got a little more intriguing. I'm no expert on his offensive scheme but looking back at how he used Trace McSorley at Penn State, it seems to me like King would be the perfect fit for his system.

I'm not sure what's up with King.  Some insiders have said no way will UO pursue him.  They have also said we are talking to Costello.  Personally I'd want King.  

10 hours ago, Card Tricks said:

From what I understand, Oklahoma's been making it explicitly clear to would-be transfers that they now have a freshman they're willing to ride with (Spencer Rattler).

Arkansas is considered to be one of the early front-runners for King but as we found out with Newman, that doesn't mean much. Something tells me if Oregon came calling, King would reciprocate. And if you ask me, King is about twice as good as Newman when it comes to natural playmaking ability. 

If Oregon would consider Newman, I don't understand why they wouldn't consider King as well.

I agree. However, Newman is a LOT bigger than King, and that's a big deal to CMC I bet. 

On 1/9/2020 at 3:07 PM, Card Tricks said:

Headed to the U.  Weird spot for him to land honestly.  

Just read this in an LA Times story ... sorry if it’s been mentioned.

Quarterback Jack Sears, who entered the portal during the season, is also still available, after recently backing out of his commitment to play at San Diego State.

Archived