2019 MLB

KUGRDON

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bigger question was why was Kershaw there? It wasn't the 4th inning and we needed to eat some chunks of innings. It was the 7th and we needed to get one batter out and he did. The 8th started poorly and should have been yanked after the first HR. Instead he pitched to a righty who was their best player. Just like Kelly gave up the grand slam, but he should not have been pitching a second inning. We apparently didn't trust Maeda/Kelly to pitch with a 3-1 lead, but we did in a 3-3 game?  Baffling, especially since Kershaw was, in the end, our third best pitcher.

10 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

The bigger question was why was Kershaw there? It wasn't the 4th inning and we needed to eat some chunks of innings. It was the 7th and we needed to get one batter out and he did. The 8th started poorly and should have been yanked after the first HR. Instead he pitched to a righty who was their best player. Just like Kelly gave up the grand slam, but he should not have been pitching a second inning. We apparently didn't trust Maeda/Kelly to pitch with a 3-1 lead, but we did in a 3-3 game?  Baffling, especially since Kershaw was, in the end, our third best pitcher.

Kershaw struck out the first guy he faced on 3 pitches.  There's zero reason to pull him because of one home run when he's one of your aces.  This is entirely on Kershaw being too fragile to pitch in the playoffs.  He does it every year.

Lol, there's a reason I called Kershaw choking before this game started.  It's his MO!

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

Kershaw struck out the first guy he faced on 3 pitches.  There's zero reason to pull him because of one home run when he's one of your aces.  This is entirely on Kershaw being too fragile to pitch in the playoffs.  He does it every year.

that first home run in the top of the 8th was a good pitch by Kershaw, Rendon just went down and smacked it.  He's an excellent hitter.  That's not on Kershaw or Dave Roberts.

The 2nd home run was a bad pitch by Kershaw, it was up and out over the middle of the plate. 

Glad Houston won. Not that I have any love for the Astros -- and honestly, Tampa's the easy feel-good story and I'm envious of their small-market success -- but we get the two runaway best teams in the AL to face off against one another for the pennant. It should (hopefully) be great baseball. Whoever wins is going to slaughter the NL in the WS, unless this team-of-destiny thing for the Nats keeps going and Sherzer/Strasburg win every single one of their matchups with Verlander/Cole or whatever passes for the top of New York's rotation. 

On 10/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, glduck said:

Whoever wins is going to slaughter the NL in the WS, unless this team-of-destiny thing for the Nats keeps going and Sherzer/Strasburg win every single one of their matchups with Verlander/Cole or whatever passes for the top of New York's rotation. 

I may be venturing into #oldtakesexposed territory. While I do think Houston (specifically) is the best team still playing, Washington is putting on an absolute clinic.

Archived