Jump to content

Pac-12 Hoops


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UW upsets No. 16 Baylor. You’re welcome, Pac12.

Don is playing chess while we’re all playing checkers. Now I have to turn him in for improper benefits, which he knew a good upstanding citizen like me would do. Hope that pizza was worth it Huskies,

2004’s with 310,000 miles on them

Posted Images

Oregon is really weird this year. We’re a small team (no starter over 6’6) but we’re a bad shooting team and not a particularly good ball handling team. Desperately need Will Richardson back, he provides both.

As it is, we barely beat Washington, who might not win a conference game, and are currently in a battle with a bad Cal team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know where Utah is with Coach Krystkoviak? This hoops season is clearly a mulligan and so I'd expect him back for 2021-2022, but this program has no juice.  Utah needs a change at the top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scorcho said:

I don't know where Utah is with Coach Krystkoviak? This hoops season is clearly a mulligan and so I'd expect him back for 2021-2022, but this program has no juice.  Utah needs a change at the top.

I don't know.  K is a solid coach, and losing by two at Pauley isn't an indictment.  Cronin is the Pac-12 coach with all the buzz, but his team also doesn't seem to have much juice this odd year.

Elsewhere, the old "hot" coach, Hopkins, has a disaster on his hands; Hurley, supposedly with a great team, is badly under-performing, Enfield is simply owned by Boyle, and Boyle has a ceiling that he can't seem to get past.  Miller is dancing with the investigators, with the NCAA slower than red-state mask-mandates.  Haase has a nice team, but losing to UNC and IU, when both are having meh seasons, isn't turning national heads.

But K?  Who would the Utes get who would juice up the program and bring blue chips to the Wasatch range and then light their fires?  There aren't many places to find another Majerus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastCoastFan said:

I don't know.  K is a solid coach, and losing by two at Pauley isn't an indictment.  Cronin is the Pac-12 coach with all the buzz, but his team also doesn't seem to have much juice this odd year.

Elsewhere, the old "hot" coach, Hopkins, has a disaster on his hands; Hurley, supposedly with a great team, is badly under-performing, Enfield is simply owned by Boyle, and Boyle has a ceiling that he can't seem to get past.  Miller is dancing with the investigators, with the NCAA slower than red-state mask-mandates.  Haase has a nice team, but losing to UNC and IU, when both are having meh seasons, isn't turning national heads.

But K?  Who would the Utes get who would juice up the program and bring blue chips to the Wasatch range and then light their fires?  There aren't many places to find another Majerus.

If you're satisfied with an 8th or 9th finish in conference every year and inability to win a conference tournament game then Larry is your guy. He brought Utah out of a deep hole when he was hired. He's had 9 years with very little to show for it.

Utah will never be the type of program that gets blue chip recruits. We'll never be a UCLA, Oregon or Arizona. We need 4-5 solid upper class-man and maybe a guy or two that has potential to play in the NBA. Larry recruits pretty well, the problem has been that Larry can't keep players on his roster in order to build anything. Its been a revolving door. I've never seen so much apathy surrounding the program. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scorcho said:

I don't know where Utah is with Coach Krystkoviak? This hoops season is clearly a mulligan and so I'd expect him back for 2021-2022, but this program has no juice.  Utah needs a change at the top.

He usually find a couple gems, recruits one really good player and surrounds them with JAGs who overachieve. If he ever hired an AAU coach as his third assistant, they'd be top 3 in the PAC-12 every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastCoastFan said:

I don't know.  K is a solid coach, and losing by two at Pauley isn't an indictment.  Cronin is the Pac-12 coach with all the buzz, but his team also doesn't seem to have much juice this odd year.

Elsewhere, the old "hot" coach, Hopkins, has a disaster on his hands; Hurley, supposedly with a great team, is badly under-performing, Enfield is simply owned by Boyle, and Boyle has a ceiling that he can't seem to get past.  Miller is dancing with the investigators, with the NCAA slower than red-state mask-mandates.  Haase has a nice team, but losing to UNC and IU, when both are having meh seasons, isn't turning national heads.

But K?  Who would the Utes get who would juice up the program and bring blue chips to the Wasatch range and then light their fires?  There aren't many places to find another Majerus.

UCLA played sluggish because they've had three practices and one game in like 20 days. I know Utah wasn't far off those numbers either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, MrBug708 said:

He usually find a couple gems, recruits one really good player and surrounds them with JAGs who overachieve. If he ever hired an AAU coach as his third assistant, they'd be top 3 in the PAC-12 every year.

two of his assistants are players fathers (Rylan Jones dad and Ian Martinez's dad). Apparently, that's what we have to do to land some of these recruits.

Utah was dreadful at USC, our initial Net rankings is 150ish

4f4f947b5f8d49aefc1702e953de41a3.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...