Religion is poison

Orange

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bruin 70 said:

Christianity is not  a religion it is a relationship with God.You can come to him any way you want to. You do not need a church all you need is faith in him.

This is NOT what the bible teaches. I don't know what liberal faux-Christian sect you affiliate with, but most Christians would disagree with all three of those sentiments.

2 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

This is NOT what the bible teaches. I don't know what liberal faux-Christian sect you affiliate with, but most Christians would disagree with all three of those sentiments.

Every single church I’ve been affiliated with would agree with Bruin insofar as he says that no affiliation with any church, priest, pastor or other religious leader is necessary to be a Christian.  As far as I know only the Catholic Church and perhaps LDS (about which I know nothing) would differ.  They all would caution that such affiliation is useful but as the Bible teaches:   When the Philippian jailer asked Paul, “What must I do to be saved?” Paul responded, “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved” (Acts 16:30-31).

2 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Every single church I’ve been affiliated with would agree with Bruin insofar as he says that no affiliation with any church, priest, pastor or other religious leader is necessary to be a Christian.  As far as I know only the Catholic Church and perhaps LDS (about which I know nothing) would differ.  They all would caution that such affiliation is useful but as the Bible teaches:   When the Philippian jailer asked Paul, “What must I do to be saved?” Paul responded, “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved” (Acts 16:30-31).

So much for the third commandment.

19 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

That's great, but the issue under discussion was "is christianity a religion", to which the answer is "uh, yeah, no shit it is."

1 hour ago, Orange said:

That's great, but the issue under discussion was "is christianity a religion", to which the answer is "uh, yeah, no shit it is."

Moron no it is not. It is a direct relationship with God, not a religion. As long as you have faith in the lord you are one of his. Your BS has holes in it as usual. The gospel is for everyone. If you accept it fine if you don't that is fine too.

4 minutes ago, Bruin 70 said:

It is a direct relationship with God, not a religion. As long as you have faith

This is a beautiful contradiction.

If you had a "direct relationship" you wouldn't need to "have faith."

Since you have absolutely no evidence of a god, you can't possibly have a direct relationship with whatever it is you have faith in.

3 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

This is a beautiful contradiction.

If you had a "direct relationship" you wouldn't need to "have faith."

Since you have absolutely no evidence of a god, you can't possibly have a direct relationship with whatever it is you have faith in.

That is not true at all. If you have faith then you can have the connection. With no faith it does not work. By the way oh yes I do.I have no problem in your anti god beliefs, they are yours. Mine are mine.The Lord has performed many miracles in my life and I have faith in the fact that he does exist and is present at all times in my life. I have no problem with your beliefs at all.

1 minute ago, Quack 12 said:

I'm not anti-god; how could I be against something that doesn't exist? I am anti-religion, which is the point of this thread.

Then why attack my beliefs in God? Makes no sense. You no proof that he does not exist. In my life he definitely does.

Dude, you came onto this thread with your fire and brimstone, calling everyone names and condemning us to hell for not following Jesus. You inserted yourself into a discussion about how religion negatively affects our society, and attacked several of us for our statements.

When you did that, you opened yourself to counter punching. Stop telling me how your god exists, prove it instead. It's not my job to prove that your fantasy is wrong.

3 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Dude, you came onto this thread with your fire and brimstone, calling everyone names and condemning us to hell for not following Jesus. You inserted yourself into a discussion about how religion negatively affects our society, and attacked several of us for our statements.

When you did that, you opened yourself to counter punching. Stop telling me how your god exists, prove it instead. It's not my job to prove that your fantasy is wrong.

I came into this thread with my beliefs. The attacks against the evil one are ongoing. It is not my job to proof the existence of God. You either do or do not believe.

1 minute ago, Bruin 70 said:

It is not my job to proof the existence of God.

Because you can't!!!!!!!!!

You blindly follow a corrupted story that has led to the founding of truly evil institutions that have abused and murdered people for centuries. Your constant attacks on Orange only prove that whatever "moral" belief system you espouse, is totally corrupt and without merit.

Religion poisons everything.

55 minutes ago, Bruin 70 said:

Moron no it is not. It is a direct relationship with God, not a religion. As long as you have faith in the lord you are one of his. Your BS has holes in it as usual. The gospel is for everyone. If you accept it fine if you don't that is fine too.

Oh, so you don't have a book of rules or anything, is that right?  No dogma?

8 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Because you can't!!!!!!!!!

You blindly follow a corrupted story that has led to the founding of truly evil institutions that have abused and murdered people for centuries. Your constant attacks on Orange only prove that whatever "moral" belief system you espouse, is totally corrupt and without merit.

Religion poisons everything.

Hey look we can have this battle all day. I can only say that you can not prove he does not exist in my life or in any believer's life. My attacks prove what again? Org wishes death and disease on people.  He is the most evil thing I have run across on any board.You can be sure I will attack that.

27 minutes ago, Bruin 70 said:

No I do not. If you ever really read the bible, which I doubt you have you might learn something. The only rule I have is to have faith in the Lord.

So you just divined, out of thin air, that an Israelite named Jesus was born to a virgin, performed miracles, was executed by the Romans, and brought himself back from the dead on the third day, and then ascended into heaven 40 days later?

That was a story you made up?

Because if you're claiming you have "no dogma", then you're claiming that none of those facts need be considered by you to be true in order for you to be a Christian.

If, on the other hand, you got these stories from a book (which included commandments, Jesus' teachings, a requirement that accepting him into your heart prevents  you from being hellbound, etc.), then you do, indeed, follow a list of laws and dogma.  Ergo, you're in a religion, dumbass.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

So you just divined, out of thin air, that an Israelite named Jesus was born to a virgin, performed miracles, was executed by the Romans, and brought himself back from the dead on the third day, and then ascended into heaven 40 days later?

That was a story you made up?

Because if you're claiming you have "no dogma", then you're claiming that none of those facts need be considered by you to be true in order for you to be a Christian.

If, on the other hand, you got these stories from a book (which included commandments, Jesus' teachings, a requirement that accepting him into your heart prevents  you from being hellbound, etc.), then you do, indeed, follow a list of laws and dogma.  Ergo, you're in a religion, dumbass.

I believe what I believe. I believe in the Gospel. You on the other hand have no beliefs except hate and evil. I will take mine over  yours evil one any day of the week. You believe in Darwinism I will bet. Well if that is the case King Kong would kick you out the group immediately as a non evolver.

Archived