C/O 2020 Football Recruiting

KUGRDON

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only surprise here is that it took him this long to de-commit.  Smart move by him keeping his offer until his senior season was over and avoiding injury.  Definitively a hit to Oregon’s 2020 class.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2019/12/avantae-williams-nations-no-1-safety-decommits-from-oregon-ducks.html

Avantae Williams, nation’s No. 1 safety, decommits from Oregon Ducks

UW had 21 commits when Petersen announced his decision to step down.  All 21 signed, and a 22nd recomitted after decommitting earlier in the process (decommitted before announcement).

Currently the top ranked class (according to 247 composite) in the PAC 12, but I am sure someone will be along to inform us all that it would rank 7th in the SEC.

USC finally follows @All Hail’s thinking on high school offensive linemen — they’re very hard to rate so go for quantity over chasing recruiting stars, as the Trojans have done (and generally failed with) in the recent past.

We have a ton of good young skill position players coming back so it makes sense to focus on restocking the lines for the future with this small class.

But man, do Drevno and Helton really need the majority of these guys to develop into good ones.

Apparently there will also be more than the usual few slots open for grad transfers but that may be just a talking point to try to take the sting out of missing on Flowe. Gotta believe they’re still really making a push for Jack Yary, but 🤷🏻‍♂️

30 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Peyton Powell, transfer from Baylor to Utah, flips to Rutgers. 4-star QB who doesn’t fit Utah’s scheme and would never play QB at Utah. With Bentley coming from South Carolina, that writing was on the wall. 

I don't think the Bentley decision had anything to do with it. Powell had to sit a year, and Bentley only has a year.

Two of his former main recruiters are now at Rutgers, and he chose to go there with them.

16 minutes ago, MussMan said:

I don't think the Bentley decision had anything to do with it. Powell had to sit a year, and Bentley only has a year.

Two of his former main recruiters are now at Rutgers, and he chose to go there with them.

We don’t have room for him, that’s what I meant.  We have five or six guys still and, by my count, four scholarships left. 

Archived