NBA 19-20

PAC MAN

It's... interesting? I'm not entirely sure why OKC did this, aside from furthering their plan to acquire every first round pick from now till 2026. They traded one albatross contract for another, and I'm not sure who they'd be able to flip CP to unless they're banking on a contender (I'm looking at you, Lakers) getting desperate mid-season and ponying up a collection of shorter contracts to get OKC out of the long term financial obligation of Paul's deal. I don't see this notoriously-cheap franchise buying him out. 

It makes sense for Houston because of the strain on the Harden/Paul relationship and Westbrook is younger, but I have questions about a Harden/Westbrook reunion. Westbrook is essentially useless off the ball. Still, worth the roll of the dice going into a season where their doesn't seem to be a clear favorite. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I have questions about that Harden/Westbrook reunion too...given that  they have been the alpha males on their teams for awhile, how is that gonna work out especially in light of Paul being traded out?  Westbrook might be in Houston just for a season unless Westbrook is used as a trade asset like Paul.

I imagine Harden signed off on the deal before it was made, so I don't necessarily see a clash of egos. Harden is in championship mode and Westbrook gets out of Oklahoma + he knows he's not the sort of talent who can get a team out of the first round without help, so they should be on the same page. I mean, at least initially. I'm just interested in their on-court chemistry. 

Archived