Politics: Dem Debate

Scscsc89

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

The Dems garner huge ratings and draw lots of attention to themselves and their policy proposals.  What happens as a result:

https://abcn.ws/2JqMCSl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/07/08/if-latest-polls-are-right-trump-is-favored-win-reelection/

Oh, so now the polls matter to Trumpinistas?  We have one of the strongest economies in recent memory and the best he can eke out is 44%.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2019/04/30/cnn-drops-26-percent-in-prime-time-as-fox-news-dominates-april-cable-ratings/#6e98d2b53c59

CNN just recorded its 27th consecutive month of ratings declines.  MSNBC is now the liberal rival of Fox News which has been the top news channel for 208 consecutive months.  This might be a sign that the general American public is starting to tire of the Dems' drama and attacks on the POTUS.  It's pretty much on par where I think the 2020 POTUS election is going & it could get ugly for the Dems with a landslide victory for Trump.

Again, the ratings declined even during the 2Q when the Mueller Report was released.  Can't be a good sign for CNN.

On 7/9/2019 at 7:41 PM, Scscsc89 said:

What is one way the GOP could screw up the political advantage of a positive economy?

Have the ACA disappear & still have no workable alternative.

Will it matter with a hot economy & jobs being filled where the company pays for health insurance?

On 7/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Companies are paying for less & less of their employees’ health insurance.

Add to that rising reliance on independent contractors & the new gig job market — it’s a huge vulnerability for the GOP.

Only if their brain dead zombie cultists wake up to the facts of what's really going on rather than mindlessly droning on about immigrants. Libtards and feminazise being the problem.

That's kind of how I feel about the Dems...they are focusing too much on Trump instead of actual plans and none of the Dem's plans impress me.  Right now I think the Dems have gone too far to the left but I have stated on this forum that I'm willing to vote Trump out of office if the right Dem candidate emerges.  It's still too soon to see who the Dem nominee is going to be and it's going to have to be a conservative centrist Dem that gets the nomination.  Right now I'm not seeing that Dem coming at all so it's probably Trump who I'll vote for but it's not ironclad.

And like Tim Wise says, it's all about how people want their country to be especially the SCOTUS.  If Trump wins re-election and the GOP retains the Senate, it's going to have an impact on the SCOTUS because I'm not sure that the oldest two justices will be able to outlive another Trump term.  The Dems have oppressed churches for a long time (especially during the Obama administration) and many conservatives are willing to endure another four years of Trump to get those liberal justices replaced with justices that will respect churches.  You can argue all you want with me about that but I am part of a church's administration so I know that issue very well.  Telling me otherwise is going to be a waste of your time.  I am willing to endure another four years of Trump if that means the old two liberals on the SCOTUS gets replaced by conservative judges and the SCOTUS is pretty much set for the next 30 years.  That is what the conservatives of this country want and unlike the Dems, the conservatives have a plan.  The Dems need to show out all the scenarios that could happen if the SCOTUS gets a conservative majority for decades to come.

The Dems are going to have to really convince many Americans that what they want to do will benefit this country and that is going to be a very difficult sell right now thanks to the economy.  Calling conservatives like me racists when we are not is not going to help get rid of Trump.  Name calling is only going to harden our positions so you liberals are going to have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a plan.  We know that no one is perfect but what we want is the best leader and one that we are comfortable with and right now, I don't see any conservatives being comfortable with the Dem frontrunners.  Many people gave Obama a chance and it didn't go very well for the conservatives especially the legalization of homosexual marriage (God is not happy for sure), ACA, and chipping away at the First Amendment...that is what led us to Trump.

What the Dems need to do is do what is best for the country even if it is Trump that signs those things into law and gets all the praise.  The ordinary American is going to remember those good deeds when it comes to election time not who signed the law into place.  Take the Americans with Disabilities Acts of 1973 and 1990.  Who controlled both houses of Congress at that time?  The Dems?  People with Disabilities are more likely to vote for Dems because of those good deeds even if Republican presidents (Nixon and Bush) were in the White House.  Opposing legislation because you don't like the POTUS & don't want the POTUS to get all the glory is not the best way to go or endear yourselves to voters in the future.  The recent government shutdown over the border didn't help the Dems out even if Trump got the burnt of the blame for that because the Dems supported such a thing in the past.

I recently drove through Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.  Iowa & Wisconsin really jumped out at me because it looked like the quality of life was pretty good there even if both states have a history of voting for Dems.  The people of those states were just awesome even if they didn't generally vote for the GOP.  Wisconsin voted for Trump because what Trump was wanting to do looked better on paper than what Hillary Clinton provided and actually more of what they wanted.

It's time for the Dems to go to those conservative areas and ask what the conservatives really want and then craft their plans that would also satisfy their base.  Steady instead of jolts (like under Obama) is the way to go.  If there is a very good immigration plan that Congress comes up with, just sign it into law and let Trump receive all the glory & praise.  People out there knows that it is not one person who deserves all the glory but it's the people in Congress that deserves that glory even if it is not delivered out in public.  People want to see progress that is all.  Getting Trump's signature on that industrial hemp legislation along with Dem support was a very good thing for the Dems.

And lastly, RESPECT the conservatives by not calling them racists or whatever demeaning names.  CNN's ratings decline is another sign that mainstream Americans are fed up with what the liberal news is trying to feed them.  The problem is that the liberals aren't getting the message and that could very well tear us apart as a country.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

That's kind of how I feel about the Dems...they are focusing too much on Trump instead of actual plans and none of the Dem's plans impress me.  Right now I think the Dems have gone too far to the left but I have stated on this forum that I'm willing to vote Trump out of office if the right Dem candidate emerges.  It's still too soon to see who the Dem nominee is going to be and it's going to have to be a conservative centrist Dem that gets the nomination.  Right now I'm not seeing that Dem coming at all so it's probably Trump who I'll vote for but it's not ironclad.

And like Tim Wise says, it's all about how people want their country to be especially the SCOTUS.  If Trump wins re-election and the GOP retains the Senate, it's going to have an impact on the SCOTUS because I'm not sure that the oldest two justices will be able to outlive another Trump term.  The Dems have oppressed churches for a long time (especially during the Obama administration) and many conservatives are willing to endure another four years of Trump to get those liberal justices replaced with justices that will respect churches.  You can argue all you want with me about that but I am part of a church's administration so I know that issue very well.  Telling me otherwise is going to be a waste of your time.  I am willing to endure another four years of Trump if that means the old two liberals on the SCOTUS gets replaced by conservative judges and the SCOTUS is pretty much set for the next 30 years.  That is what the conservatives of this country want and unlike the Dems, the conservatives have a plan.  The Dems need to show out all the scenarios that could happen if the SCOTUS gets a conservative majority for decades to come.

The Dems are going to have to really convince many Americans that what they want to do will benefit this country and that is going to be a very difficult sell right now thanks to the economy.  Calling conservatives like me racists when we are not is not going to help get rid of Trump.  Name calling is only going to harden our positions so you liberals are going to have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a plan.  We know that no one is perfect but what we want is the best leader and one that we are comfortable with and right now, I don't see any conservatives being comfortable with the Dem frontrunners.  Many people gave Obama a chance and it didn't go very well for the conservatives especially the legalization of homosexual marriage (God is not happy for sure), ACA, and chipping away at the First Amendment...that is what led us to Trump.

What the Dems need to do is do what is best for the country even if it is Trump that signs those things into law and gets all the praise.  The ordinary American is going to remember those good deeds when it comes to election time not who signed the law into place.  Take the Americans with Disabilities Acts of 1973 and 1990.  Who controlled both houses of Congress at that time?  The Dems?  People with Disabilities are more likely to vote for Dems because of those good deeds even if Republican presidents (Nixon and Bush) were in the White House.  Opposing legislation because you don't like the POTUS & don't want the POTUS to get all the glory is not the best way to go or endear yourselves to voters in the future.  The recent government shutdown over the border didn't help the Dems out even if Trump got the burnt of the blame for that because the Dems supported such a thing in the past.

I recently drove through Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.  Iowa & Wisconsin really jumped out at me because it looked like the quality of life was pretty good there even if both states have a history of voting for Dems.  The people of those states were just awesome even if they didn't generally vote for the GOP.  Wisconsin voted for Trump because what Trump was wanting to do looked better on paper than what Hillary Clinton provided and actually more of what they wanted.

It's time for the Dems to go to those conservative areas and ask what the conservatives really want and then craft their plans that would also satisfy their base.  Steady instead of jolts (like under Obama) is the way to go.  If there is a very good immigration plan that Congress comes up with, just sign it into law and let Trump receive all the glory & praise.  People out there knows that it is not one person who deserves all the glory but it's the people in Congress that deserves that glory even if it is not delivered out in public.  People want to see progress that is all.  Getting Trump's signature on that industrial hemp legislation along with Dem support was a very good thing for the Dems.

And lastly, RESPECT the conservatives by not calling them racists or whatever demeaning names.  CNN's ratings decline is another sign that mainstream Americans are fed up with what the liberal news is trying to feed them.  The problem is that the liberals aren't getting the message and that could very well tear us apart as a country.

Card Tricks can borrow this formatting for his next Stanford game projection.

19 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

tl;dr version: I hate faggots, but also please respect me and stop calling me names because I support a racist internet troll for president.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, Orange said:

tl;dr version: I hate faggots, but also please respect me and stop calling me names because I support a racist internet troll for president.

When the libtard resorts to name calling, it means I'm doing something right.

Anyone have an opinion on Tulsi?  I like what I'm reading about her story and I think she could make a good POTUS.  Given her Indian heritage, perhaps she could strengthen relationships between the US and India as a good counterweight to China?  I know there are some issues with her trip to Syria but just look at Trump's outreach to North Korea...no stones need to be thrown in this case.

Archived