Breaking News Thread

glduck

There’s so many layers to this it’s fascinating. He completely sat out negotiations, partly because he’s too dumb to understand most of it, partly because he just doesn’t care. Finally, the two sides come together on a deal, and then he steps in and blurts out $2000. Pelosi calls his bluff and the Dems quickly rally behind him. McConnell’s caucus is vehemently against it. It puts the two Georgia senators in a huge bind. But he (says he) won’t sign the deal as is.

Of course, this is Trump, and he might very well reverse course later today. But he’s a chaotic mess all the way to the end.

There's more than enough in congress to override the veto.  I'm not sure if this is part of his delusional play to continue to get people to support his claims to winning the election, or just him being bored and wanting to be the center of media attention....oh who am I kidding.  It's both.  It's always both.

Oh yeah, it’s both. And it’s trying to make a pitch for 2024. And I think he generally just wants to watch the world burn. And I think he’s incredibly vindictive and he’s punishing McConnell for acknowledging Biden’s win.

There is both a lot and very little going on in that mashed potatoes brain of his.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

Oh yeah, it’s both. And it’s trying to make a pitch for 2024. And I think he generally just wants to watch the world burn. And I think he’s incredibly vindictive and he’s punishing McConnell for acknowledging Biden’s win.

There is both a lot and very little going on in that mashed potatoes brain of his.

cnn trump GIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Republican Party subsists ENTIRELY on lies now.  There is no "Green New Deal" in Texas, and the outages and deaths are due ENTIRELY to free-market, unregulated power industries:

Lie:

Truth:

Texas power companies BEG customers to leave:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Texas-power-retailers-to-customers-in-face-of-15953843.php

1 hour ago, glduck said:

Rush Limbaugh essentially stole my dad from me.  As a kid riding in cars, he was ALL that was on.  3 straight hours, daily, of punching down against women, minorities, immigrants, environmentalists, etc.  Do you know what that does to a brain? (For a first-hand answer, ask @PapaG or @KUGRDON).

All he did was pollute the entire public discourse with bile, and bullshit lies, and make people PROUD to hate.

This is one of the rare times I wish there was a hell.