*Predict Your 2019 Depth Chart & Win Total*

Card Tricks

Pretty self-explanatory. We're officially less than two months out from the start of the college football season. For the sake of drumming up anticipation as we inch closer to kickoff, I figured this might be a convenient time for each of us to quickly take a stab at what our respective team's starting depth charts might look like come gameday. Here's what I predict Stanford's will look like:

* Keep in mind ** denotes a returning starter

STANFORD

OFFENSE

(Returning Starters: 3)

QB

Starter: ** K.J. COSTELLO (R-JR.)______*2nd TEAM ALL PAC-12*

Backup: Davis Mills (R-SO.)

FB

StarterHOUSTON HEIMULI (R-SO.)

Backup: Jay Symonds (R-FR.)

RB

StarterCAMERON SCARLETT (R-SR.)

Backup: Trevor Speights (R-JR.)

LT

Starter: ** WALKER LITTLE (JR.)_______*1st TEAM ALL PAC-12*

Backup: Devery Hamilton (R-JR.)

LG

Starter: DEVERY HAMILTON (R-JR.)

Backup: Jake Hornibrook (FR.)

C

Starter: DREW DALMAN (R-SO.)

Backup: Branson Bragg (FR.)

RG

Starter: HENRY HATTIS (R-JR.)

Backup: Dylan Powell (R-JR.)

RT

Starter: FOSTER SARELL (R-SO.)

Backup: Grant Pease (R-FR.)

TE-F

Starter: ** COLBY PARKINSON (JR.)____*ALL PAC-12 HONORABLE MENTION*

Backup: Scooter Harrington (R-JR.)

TE-Y

Starter: TUCKER FISK (R-SO.)

Backup: Scooter Harrington (R-JR.)

WR

Starter: SIMI FEHOKO (R-FR.)

Backup: Michael Wilson (SO.)

WR

Starter: OSIRIS ST. BROWN (R-SO.)

Backup: Connor Wedington (R-SO.)

DEFENSE

(Returning Starters: 5)

DE

Starter: ** MIKE WILLIAMS (R-JR.)

Backup: Thomas Schaffer (R-JR.)

NT

StarterDALYN WADE-PERRY (R-SO.)

Backup: Bo Peek (R-JR.)

DE

Starter: THOMAS BOOKER (SO.)

Backup: ** Jovan Swann (R-JR.)________*ALL PAC-12 HONORABLE MENTION*

OLB

Starter: CASEY TOOHILL (R-SR.)

Backup: Andres Fox (SO.)

ILB

Starter: CURTIS ROBINSON (R-JR.)

Backup: Jacob Mangum-Farrar (R-FR.)

ILB

Starter: RICKY MIEZAN (R-FR.)

Backup: Andrew Pryts (R-JR.)

OLB

Starter: ** JORDAN FOX (R-JR.)

Backup: Gabe Reid (R-SO.)

NB

Starter: DONJAE LOGAN (R-FR.)

Backup: Salim Turner-Muhammad (FR.)

CB_____________________________________*1st TEAM ALL PAC-12*

Starter: ** PAULSON ADEBO (R-SO.)____**2nd TEAM ALL AMERICAN**

Backup: Treyjohn Butler (R-JR.)

CB

Starter: OBI EBOH (R-JR.)

Backup: Ethan Bonner (R-FR.)

FS

Starter: KENDALL WILLIAMSON (SO.)

Backup: Noah Williams (R-SO.)

SS

Starter: ** MALIK ANTOINE (R-JR.)

Backup: Stuart Head (R-SO.)

SPECIAL TEAMS

(Returning Starters: 1)

K

Starter: ** JET TONER (R-JR.)__________*2nd TEAM ALL PAC-12*

Backup: Collin Riccitelli (R-JR.)

P

StarterRYAN SANBORN (FR.)

Backup: Alex Gracey (R-FR.)

.SCHEDULE

Northwestern: WIN

@ USC: WIN

UCF: LOSS

Oregon: LOSS

Oregon State: WIN

Washington: LOSS

*BYE*

UCLA: WIN

Arizona: WIN

*BYE*

@ Colorado: WIN

@ Washington State: LOSS

Cal: WIN

Notre Dame: LOSS

Final Record:_7-5

BOWL

Las Vegas Bowl_vs._Utah State_(11-2)

* Feel free to repurpose my formatting if it makes things easier

Surely there has to be someone else on this board who's bold enough to tackle their team's depth chart and win total for 2019? I already did the heavy lifting on formatting (feel free to copy & paste as needed) so the rest should be pretty straightforward. 

Auburn (@ Dallas)

Nevada

Montana

@ Stanford

(bye)

Cal

Colorado

@ Washington

Washington State

@ USC

(bye)

Arizona

@ Arizona State

Oregon State

Hard to predict a W/L record. We looked so awful on the road last year and our four toughest games are all away from home this year, depending on where Wazzu falls on the spectrum. So it's going to depend on whether or not our coaching staff has figured out how to not play like zombies for 2-3 quarters of football in unfriendly environments. 

We only lost like 4 starters off last year's team, so there's not a lot of depth chart intrigue. 

I just tossed out the roster stuff due to reports of players being moved from one side to the other.  I'll just stick with season predictions from now on.

In a parallel universe, CU wins it all by going undefeated in the regular season & winning the conference title.  The Buffs earn a CFP spot and goes on to beat Michigan then Oklahoma in the championship game.  Okay I'm going to stop right now and get a bit serious. :lol: 

.SCHEDULE

COLORADO STATE @ Denver W

NEBRASKA W

AIR FORCE W

@ASU L

UA  W

@UO L

@WSU L 

USC W

@UCLA W 

STANFORD W

WASHINGTON L

@UTAH L

7-5 would be a nice record given how difficult the schedule is.  A bowl game would be great regardless of record.  Mel Tucker was not hired to rebuild...he was hired to win.  I believe CU finally beats USC this season at home...it's inevitable.

Buffs should have a killer passing game but the running game could struggle this season.  The offensive linemen beefed up this summer and I think the OL should be better as a result.  The defense will be as good as the DL will be.  A couple of injuries there and Tucker might have to throw some true freshmen defensive linemen to the wolves although they have better size than what you would have seen from the Buffs in the last decade.

QB: Justin "Best QB to never even be honorable mention" Herbert, Tyler Shough, Cale Millen
RB: CJ "I run with my eyes closed" Verdell, Travis "I might be small, but I'm slow" Dye, Darrian "Please let this guy win the starting job before he gets lost for the season" Felix
Z: Juwan "I dropped half the passes thrown my way at Penn State last year but am immediately your best WR" Johnson, Brenden "I should have been a 4 year starter at safety" Schooler
X: Johnny "yips" Johnson, Mycah "If I can't get massive PT with this lot I should just go ahead and retire" Pittman
Slot: Jaylon "wait, yips is taken?" Redd, Mycah "IICGMPTWTLISJGAAR" Pittman
TE: 
Jacob "I blocked a dude once vs CAL" Breeland 
or
Cam "Which lower body injury should I suffer today?" McCormick
Ryan "I know I've been targeted with a pass attempt when it hits me in the back" Bay

Good lord that is the worst combination of skill position talent I have ever seen at Oregon, and the worst hands of a starting WR trio I've ever seen at any level. 

LT: Penei Sewell, Calvin Throckmorton
LG: Shane Lemieux, ******n Jones
C Jake Hanson, Alex Forsyth
RG: Dallas Warmack, Calvin Throckmorton
RT: Calvin Throckmorton, Brady Aiello
Aiello is usually the first OL off the bench to replace Throck who replaces whoever actually went out of the game unless it's at center and sometimes even then because he's a badass and that's how OL depth charts actually work.

NT: Jordon Scott and then uh, pray to all the dieties. Someone playing out of position(or it's 3rd and 16) because there is no other 3-4 DT on the entire roster despite the fact we've been running the 3-4 for 10 years. 
SDE: Austin Faoliu. Drayton Carlberg or Gary Baker
WDE: Gus Cumberlander, Kayvon Thibodeaux 

Sam: DJ Johnson, Bryson Young
Will: Lamar Winston, Adrian Jackson
Mike: Troy Dye, see: Jordon Scott. Throw a dart and hit a random undersized guy who has no business on a power five 2 deep or a guy who looks good getting off the bus but has played a total of 12 snaps in his career. Those are the pickings, but again, we've only had to recruit for 4 linebacker positions for 10 years so it's no wonder they're a year away from being a year away. 
The other ILB in a 3-4: Isaac Slade-Matautia, Dru Mathis

Boundary: Deommodore Lenoir, Haki Woods
Field: Thomas Graham, Verone McKinley
The safety that covers people and hopes they don't have to get their uniform dirty: Jevon Holland, Kahlef Hailassie
The safety that hits people if he can catch them: Nick Pickett, Brady Breeze

KOR: Jaylon Redd, Brenden "I block for Jaylon" Schooler. Yes he gets 2 nicknames. 
PR: I hope we don't even put a guy back there, dead serious. There's no fucking way it's worth the risk.
K: Camden Lewis, Zach Emerson
P: Blake Maimone, Tom Snee. Despite the fact we spent the entire 2018 rotating punters like ****** Spurrier was our ST coach, the guy who averaged 7 fewer yards per kick will still get half the attempts. 
H: Blake Maimone

@*Auburn: L. I'm not falling for this crap. A W for Oregon is not how "the script" goes.

Nevada: W

Montana: W. This game starts at like 11pm EST. 

@Stanford: Ducks win on the Farm.

CAL: W

Colorado: W

@UW: L

WSU: W

@USC: L

Arizona: W

@ASU: W

9-3

Probably 1 win too high but I couldn't settle on another specific loss so whatever. Zona, ASU, Colorado and WSU are all capable of beating Oregon, even at Autzen. 7-5 does not shock me, 11-1 does. 

edit: also I'm sure for 3 WR spots there will be dudes like Addison and JR Waters. 

32 minutes ago, glduck said:

From laughter to crying, that ran me through the emotional gauntlet. 

It was for you. Also, I think I mixed up X and Z, but whatever, those guys move around so much anyway. 

9 hours ago, Orange said:

dtd inspired me..

OSU:

QB: Jake "First Ever Wheelchair QB" Luton

Gotta be honest, that's about all I got.  My kid sucks up my energy and I'm not into July depth charts and predictions.  4-8?

Well, at least he'd be faster. 4-8 is on point. 

On 7/25/2019 at 12:22 PM, dtd said:

QB: Justin "Best QB to never even be honorable mention" Herbert, Tyler Shough, Cale Millen
RB: CJ "I run with my eyes closed" Verdell, Travis "I might be small, but I'm slow" Dye, Darrian "Please let this guy win the starting job before he gets lost for the season" Felix
Z: Juwan "I dropped half the passes thrown my way at Penn State last year but am immediately your best WR" Johnson, Brenden "I should have been a 4 year starter at safety" Schooler
X: Johnny "yips" Johnson, Mycah "If I can't get massive PT with this lot I should just go ahead and retire" Pittman
Slot: Jaylon "wait, yips is taken?" Redd, Mycah "IICGMPTWTLISJGAAR" Pittman
TE: 
Jacob "I blocked a dude once vs CAL" Breeland 
or
Cam "Which lower body injury should I suffer today?" McCormick
Ryan "I know I've been targeted with a pass attempt when it hits me in the back" Bay

Good lord that is the worst combination of skill position talent I have ever seen at Oregon, and the worst hands of a starting WR trio I've ever seen at any level. 

LT: Penei Sewell, Calvin Throckmorton
LG: Shane Lemieux, ******n Jones
C Jake Hanson, Alex Forsyth
RG: Dallas Warmack, Calvin Throckmorton
RT: Calvin Throckmorton, Brady Aiello
Aiello is usually the first OL off the bench to replace Throck who replaces whoever actually went out of the game unless it's at center and sometimes even then because he's a badass and that's how OL depth charts actually work.

NT: Jordon Scott and then uh, pray to all the dieties. Someone playing out of position(or it's 3rd and 16) because there is no other 3-4 DT on the entire roster despite the fact we've been running the 3-4 for 10 years. 
SDE: Austin Faoliu. Drayton Carlberg or Gary Baker
WDE: Gus Cumberlander, Kayvon Thibodeaux 

Sam: DJ Johnson, Bryson Young
Will: Lamar Winston, Adrian Jackson
Mike: Troy Dye, see: Jordon Scott. Throw a dart and hit a random undersized guy who has no business on a power five 2 deep or a guy who looks good getting off the bus but has played a total of 12 snaps in his career. Those are the pickings, but again, we've only had to recruit for 4 linebacker positions for 10 years so it's no wonder they're a year away from being a year away. 
The other ILB in a 3-4: Isaac Slade-Matautia, Dru Mathis

Boundary: Deommodore Lenoir, Haki Woods
Field: Thomas Graham, Verone McKinley
The safety that covers people and hopes they don't have to get their uniform dirty: Jevon Holland, Kahlef Hailassie
The safety that hits people if he can catch them: Nick Pickett, Brady Breeze

KOR: Jaylon Redd, Brenden "I block for Jaylon" Schooler. Yes he gets 2 nicknames. 
PR: I hope we don't even put a guy back there, dead serious. There's no fucking way it's worth the risk.
K: Camden Lewis, Zach Emerson
P: Blake Maimone, Tom Snee. Despite the fact we spent the entire 2018 rotating punters like ****** Spurrier was our ST coach, the guy who averaged 7 fewer yards per kick will still get half the attempts. 
H: Blake Maimone

@*Auburn: L. I'm not falling for this crap. A W for Oregon is not how "the script" goes.

Nevada: W

Montana: W. This game starts at like 11pm EST. 

@Stanford: Ducks win on the Farm.

CAL: W

Colorado: W

@UW: L

WSU: W

@USC: L

Arizona: W

@ASU: W

9-3

Probably 1 win too high but I couldn't settle on another specific loss so whatever. Zona, ASU, Colorado and WSU are all capable of beating Oregon, even at Autzen. 7-5 does not shock me, 11-1 does. 

edit: also I'm sure for 3 WR spots there will be dudes like Addison and JR Waters. 

This was great.  I’ll do my best Cal Version when I get some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Utah Offense:

Tyler Huntley QB

Jordan Wilmore  RB (Zack Moss isn’t yet fully recovered)

Solomon Enis WR

Samson Nacua WR

Jaylen Dixon WR (starts in place of Britain Covey who I expect will not be ready)

Demari Simkins WR

My concern is with the OL.  It’s a young group that hasn’t played together yet.  I’m listing their physical measurements as well.

Darrin Paulo, Sr LT 6’5” 315

Johnny Maea, Fr LG 6’4” 302

Orlando Umana, Jr C 6’4” 340

Braeden Daniels, Fr RG 6’4” 300

Nick Ford, RS Fr RT 6’4” 324

This lineup for the OL has already been announced. I expect that at some point this season we will see Bamedele “BamBam” Olaseni displace or rotate at RT. Bam is 6’8” and 350 pound Jr.  

Utah Defense:

Bradlee Anae SDE

Leki Fotu DT

John Penisini DT

Mika Tafua WDE (this one is 50-50 because the starter here could easily be Maxs Tupai)

Devin Lloyd LB

Francis Bernard LB

Jaylon Johnson CB

Tyreke Lewis CB 

Javelin Guidry NB

Julian Blackmon FS

Malone Mataele SS (this one is iffy because there are four players competing, but Mataele is so physically gifted I see him winning the spot).  

This line-up has been set for a while, exceptions noted. 

Utah will rotate eight players through the DL, as usual. 

Archived