2019 NFL

KUGRDON

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2019 at 10:14 PM, Jalapeno said:

Bug, I'd go with Pujols.  I don't recall the Angels sniffing the World Series with Pujols and it seems like he's just there to collect the money instead of retiring.  That's legal robbery.

Well that's stupid.  Everyone knows the MLB salaries are a reward for past performance, not an expectation of future performance (see also, Ellsbury, Jacoby).

Anyway, the guy had 23 homers and 90+ RBIs in 2019.  You won't do better than that with any other 39-year-old in a dead-ball/non-steroid era.

On 12/5/2019 at 7:40 AM, Jalapeno said:

https://www.raiders.com/lasvegas/allegiant-stadium-live-cam

Just looked at the SoFi webcam and it's amazing that the interior views of Allegiant Stadium look more done than SoFi although Allegiant started later than SoFi.

Vegas project is running on-time and on-budget.   Vegas knows how build on a streamlined manner.  I like working with people there.

LA project is running massive deficits, way over budget, and no end in sight.  

Anybody want to buy the Rams?  Kroenke deserves everything he’s getting now for moving the team from The Lou.  Los Angeles is a money pit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, Orange said:

Well that's stupid.  Everyone knows the MLB salaries are a reward for past performance, not an expectation of future performance (see also, Ellsbury, Jacoby).

Anyway, the guy had 23 homers and 90+ RBIs in 2019.  You won't do better than that with any other 39-year-old in a dead-ball/non-steroid era.

At Pujols’ salary, you can get that production at a fraction of it in today’s MLB.  23 HRs and 90 RBI out of DH at that salary is a joke.  He can barely crack a .300 OBP.

Side story - I was at and Angels-Mariner’s games year ago with my daughters with Felix pitching.  Pujols came up to the plate, and after he was announced, my oldest daughter who was 6 at the time said “his name is poo-holes” and hilarity ensued, etc. etc.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:23 PM, PapaG said:

At Pujols’ salary, you can get that production at a fraction of it in today’s MLB.  23 HRs and 90 RBI out of DH at that salary is a joke.  He can barely crack a .300 OBP.

Side story - I was at and Angels-Mariner’s games year ago with my daughters with Felix pitching.  Pujols came up to the plate, and after he was announced, my oldest daughter who was 6 at the time said “his name is poo-holes” and hilarity ensued, etc. etc.

You just fucking agreed with what I said. Why was this post necessary?  Do you think I believe Ellsbury was not a total financial disaster for NY?

11 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

What happened on that Seahawks delay of game after the last first down?

it was a real momentum killer

It's like Pete Carroll has an aneurysm every time the seahawks get close to the goal line with a chance to win.  They fucking HANDED the division to the Niners.

It was.... unfortunate. Fant was hurt and it looked like there was mass confusion on whether or not to stay down and take the 10 second run off (I think we were out of timeouts?) or get up to the line, and whatever happened obviously didn’t get worked out. They weren’t even close to ready.

That said, as a fan I am duty bound to ignore my own team’s shortcomings and place the blame on others. What the fuck was with that non-PI in the EZ, why even have the ability to review PIs if the NFL won’t do it?

2 hours ago, Orange said:

They fucking HANDED the division to the Niners.

And we(all the Niner fans) will take it... SF had a great year. It was nice to see everything finally come together.. We lost in OT to the Seahawks on a missed FG earlier in the year...That one stung as I'm sure this one did for Hawk fans.. It all works out in the wash..

10 minutes ago, utenation said:

And we(all the Niner fans) will take it... SF had a great year. It was nice to see everything finally come together.. We lost in OT to the Seahawks on a missed FG earlier in the year...That one stung as I'm sure this one did for Hawk fans.. It all works out in the wash..

lol, does it?

I'm a Blazer, Seahawk, and Oregon State fan.

WHEN DOES IT ALL WORK OUT?????

Archived