How Millennial Are You?

PAC MAN

1 hour ago, Mano said:

Nationalising insurance certainly has the potential to bring down costs by cutting out the private insurance companies, standardizing costs, etc.

The US currently spends more per capita on healthcare than any nation, you would think we could get everyone covered for what we pay. Taxes certainly would have to go up, but that would be offset by not paying insurance premiums. Would likely cost less overall for most, more for some.

This.

My insurance has like a $6k fucking deductible, max out-of-pocket is stratospheric, and they just denied my attempt to get a specific valve-replacement surgery.  For-profit healthcare is a fucking war crime.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Medicare ha a much lower administration cost than private insurance. It's been shown to be about 10 points lower.

A funny thing about one of the arguments made by those against M4A is citing a choice in insurance. It's a stupid argument. I'm almost 56 years old and I've never had a choice on my insurance. I get whatever my employer offered.

I guess you could say my choice would be not to have insurance. That's a choice I guess. A crappy one, but a choice non the less.

Personally, what I pay out of pocket would almost certainly go up, as the company I work for provides a pretty inexpensive insurance plan along with an HSA plan to which they contribute which offsets some of the deductible and out of pocket expenses. However, I see the benefit of having everyone insured, and would be willing to pay my share to accomplish it. 

• 3 months later...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/02/08/millennials-pick-playstation-as-their-favorite-brand-gen-z-picks-xbox/amp/

Another millennial topic where it is compared to Gen Z and was written for video games.  Millennials are people born between 1981 and 1996 while Gen Z are 1995 to 2012.

Rounding out the Millennial top ten was:

1. PlayStation

2. Amazon

3. Target

4. Disney

5. Ford

6. Jeep

7. Apple

8. YouTube

9. Xbox

10. Nintendo

I am not technically a millennial (I'm 40 and I'm a man...LOL) but I have noticed that I have inheirted some characteristics.

Image result for mike gundy i'm a man gif

I'm Gen-X but there's some overlap and you could call me an "Xennial": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xennials

Archived