The disinformation thread

Scscsc89

6 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Im glad that we can agree that fact checking sites are really valuable to set the facts straight.

This one was so obvious that even Polifact had to call the blatant lie on those photos.

Funny, but I don't remember you being upset back then at all about Obama literally having kids sleep in cages and on the floor in mats.  Nor any other of the Pac12 White Guy Lib Squad members.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m really glad you brought that up so we can clarify the difference between the two presidents’policies, using AP fact check:

https://www.apnews.com/fdfbafe1f2784a759bc7c3a8e8ddbcab

MIGRANTS

TRUMP, on separating children from adults at the Mexican border: “You know, under President Obama you had separation. I was the one that ended it.” — interview broadcast Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

TRUMP: “When I became president, President Obama had a separation policy. I didn’t have it. He had it. I brought the families together. I’m the one that brought ‘em together. Now, I said something when I did that. I’m the one that put people together. ... They separated. I put ‘em together.’ — interview with Telemundo broadcast Thursday.

THE FACTS: Trump is not telling the truth. The separation of thousands of migrant children from their parents resulted from his “zero tolerance” policy. Obama had no such policy. After a public outcry and a court order, Trump generally ceased the practice and reunited families his policy had driven apart.

Zero tolerance meant that U.S. authorities would criminally prosecute all adults caught crossing into the U.S. illegally. Doing so meant detention for adults and the removal of their children while their parents were in custody. During the Obama administration, such family separations were the exception. They became the practice under Trump’s policy, which he suspended a year ago.

Before Trump’s zero-tolerance policy, migrant families caught illegally entering the U.S. were usually referred for civil deportation proceedings, not requiring separation, unless they were known to have a criminal record. Then and now, immigration officials may take a child from a parent in certain cases, such as serious criminal charges against a parent, concerns over the health and welfare of a child or medical concerns.

___

TRUMP on detention centers at the border: “President Obama is the one that built those prison cells.” — Telemundo interview.

TRUMP: “President Obama built the cages. Remember when they said that I built them?” — “Meet the Press” interview.

THE FACTS: He has a point. Whether they are called prison cells or something else, Obama held children in temporary, ill-equipped facilities and built a large center in McAllen, Texas, that is used now.

Democrats routinely and inaccurately blame Trump for creating “cages” for children. They are actually referring to chain-link fencing inside the McAllen center — Obama’s creation.

Conditions for detained migrants deteriorated sharply during a surge of Central American arrivals under Trump, particularly in El Paso, Texas.

Also:

https://www.apnews.com/2ebfa802626241b187315f1cccf37996

A look at some of (Democrats’ debate) claims, Trump’s counterpunch, and how they compare with the facts:

___

KAMALA HARRIS, senator from California: “We’ve got a person who has put babies in cages and separated children from their parents.”

MICHAEL BENNET, senator from Colorado, in a message directed at Trump: “Kids belong in classrooms not cages.”

TRUMP tweet: “The cages for kids were built by the Obama Administration in 2014. He had the policy of child separation. I ended it even as I realized that more families would then come to the Border!”

THE FACTS: There’s deception on both sides here.

Family separations as a matter of routine came about because of Trump’s “zero tolerance” enforcement policy. President Barack Obama had no such policy and Trump’s repeated attempts to pin one on him flies in the face of reality. Trump only ended — or suspended — what Trump had started, and that was after a judge ordered that the practice be sharply curtailed and as an international uproar grew.

Moreover, the American Civil Liberties Union now says in a legal challenge that more than 900 children were separated from their parents at the border in the year after the judge’s order.

The Obama administration also separated migrant children from families when a child’s safety appeared at risk with the adults or in other limited circumstances. But the ACLU says children have been removed after the judge’s order for minor transgressions by the adults, like traffic offenses, or for unfounded suspicions of wrongdoing.

Trump is correct in noting that the “cages” — chain-link enclosures inside border facilities where migrants have been temporarily housed, separated by sex and age — were built and used by the Obama administration. The Trump administration has used them, too.

___

JOE BIDEN, former vice president, on Obama’s approach to people who came to the U.S. illegally as children: “The president came along and he’s the guy that came up with the idea, first time ever, of dealing with the Dreamers. He put that in the law.”

THE FACTS: He’s wrong that Obama achieved a law protecting those young immigrants. He notably failed on that front. Instead he circumvented Congress and used his executive authority to extend temporary protection, letting them stay in the country if they met certain conditions. The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, as its name implies, merely defers deportations.

Trump, also with executive action, tried to end the program but the effort has been tied up in courts, so the protection continues for now.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Im glad that we can educate ourselves on this so that we don’t continue to spread inaccuracies.

thanks for reminding us about the fantastic AP fact check site!

That’s a roundabout way of admitting the photos Tweeted out by Democrats were from when Obama was President.  Why do you liberals need to lie all the time?  Why weren’t you upset when Obama put kids in cages?

13 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Why weren’t you upset when Obama put kids in cages?

Hint:   Read the part I underlined & bolded.

Also:

On 8/9/2019 at 12:35 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Family separations as a matter of routine came about because of Trump’s “zero tolerance” enforcement policy. President Barack Obama had no such policy and Trump’s repeated attempts to pin one on him flies in the face of reality. Trump only ended — or suspended — what Trump had started, and that was after a judge ordered that the practice be sharply curtailed and as an international uproar grew.

Acknowledging the value of FactCheck sites is a great first step.  But you also need to read (and understand) them.

31 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Why do you liberals need to lie all the time?

From the link you posted:

Villaraigosa, Favreau and some others deleted their tweets when the mistake was pointed out.

(Trump) is right about the misrepresentation, though it’s not clear that many prominent Democrats jumped on this particular Twitter bandwagon.

Stunning Day of Economic Gaslighting – Despite All Positive Data, Corporate Media Cheering For Recession…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/08/14/stunning-day-of-economic-gaslighting-despite-all-positive-data-corporate-media-cheering-for-recession/

The long-term borrowing rate for return on investment dropped momentarily lower than the short-term borrowing rate of return on investment because massive numbers of foreign investors were rushing to buy long-term U.S. bonds.   Wait… what?  Yes, a ‘negative yield curve’ is what happens when everyone wants to buy bonds in your long-term economy.

There weren’t enough long-term bonds to fill the demand of those who wanted to purchase them.  Ergo, the return rate of interest dropped because there was no need to have an incentive to sell them…. everyone wants them.

So the yield drops, because the U.S. doesn’t need to incentivize the sale… because everyone is lined up to buy them.  See how that works?

Do lines of people wrapping all around the world trying to get to the U.S.A Bank and buy U.S. treasury bonds sound like the USA economy (underlying the bond) is weak or in trouble?

It’s OK to laugh out loud.

No, really, it’s ok.

Yes, Alice, it’s true.  The financial media would have you believe that customers lined-up around the building to purchase your products means your business is about to close because of a lack of customers.   THAT my friends is the stupidity of it.

The U.S.A economy is so strong, so healthy, and forecast to remain so with such intensity, that everyone wants to purchase dollars because it is the world’s highest predicted rate of return for investment….. And somehow the media can spin that into a bad thing.

No, really.  That’s the narrative of today.

Now let’s look at the second stupid “A looming recession“:

1 minute ago, Scscsc89 said:

Did you honestly just quote something called “The Conservative Treehouse”?

Did you read the analysis and how the liberal/globalist media all was parroting the same doomsday scenario just yesterday?  Did you actually quote the AP in the Epstein thread?

Dispute what I posted.  Fuck, you don't even accept NATO spending by country that literally comes from NATO, why would I expect you to understand how bond buying works and how it can impact markets.  

LOL!  I love this thread.  Even better than the Jeff Sessions/Anglo-Saxon thread GL/Orange made fools of themselves in on the old forum.  The Conservative Treehouse has a better grasp on economics than the NYT, and then the liberal media parrots disinformation about a looming recession that is totally false.  This timeline...

Just now, Scscsc89 said:

Pretty telling that in a thread about disinformation you are trying to use an extreme far right media platform as the basis of “fact”

it’s propaganda & you’re being used

You quote far-left media all the time that you consider objective.  I'm not the one being propagandized and used.  It's sad that people like you get brainwashed by repeated talking points in the media.  Hell, the Podesta emails literally spell it out how Democrats and their media coordinate talking points.  Oh, but Russia and Putin is Trump's puppeteer!   Anyone who believed that nonsense is a fucking idiot.  What happened to that narrative?  Now we're back to Trump is a Racist and Here Comes a Recession.  It's so dumb.

Facts and stuff from The Conservative Treehouse article.  Does anyone else here actually know what a recession is, by literal definition?  There are no indicators for one other than Fake News talking points after a market correction due mainly to money transferring to long-term bonds.  My goodness, the echo chamber here.  I'm hearing from liberals that wages are stagnant, which is literally a lie and the definition of disinformation.

wage-growth-bea-release-july-30-2019.jpg

36 minutes ago, PapaG said:

LOL!  I love this thread.  Even better than the Jeff Sessions/Anglo-Saxon thread GL/Orange made fools of themselves in on the old forum.  The Conservative Treehouse has a better grasp on economics than the NYT, and then the liberal media parrots disinformation about a looming recession that is totally false.  This timeline...

In late July, Weisman deleted a tweet amid outrage after he suggested Democratic Reps. Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar were not truly from the Midwest and their colleague Rep. John Lewis, a prominent figure in the civil rights movement, was not from the Deep South. The tweets were widely viewed as racist.

Last week, Weisman tweeted that the Justice Democrats were backing a candidate "seeking to unseat an African-American Democrat." Weisman seemingly failed to realize the candidate in question was black.

Archived