Guns & Politics

PAC MAN

I wonder how many shootings it's going to take before Congress acts on mass shootings (in light of El Paso & Dayton)?  I wouldn't hold my breath in this case.  I have supported the call for a ban on assault guns.  Hopefully this helps and I can't emphasize enough "hopefully".

Anyone believing that an assault weapons ban over even a total ban on guns would solve those issues need an ice cold bucket of water of reality doused on them.  They have those knife attacks in China and those would be the weapon of choice for people hell bent on mass murder.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are two wildly different paragraphs there, my dude. To address your second point, a guy with a knife isn’t going to kill 52 people in under a minute.

You will never stop every asshole from doing sadistic things. You also don’t have to make it so goddamn easy for them to do it.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

I wonder how many shootings it's going to take before Congress acts on mass shootings (in light of El Paso & Dayton)?  I wouldn't hold my breath in this case.  I have supported the call for a ban on assault guns.  Hopefully this helps and I can't emphasize enough "hopefully".

Until society cares more about children being gunned down in class rooms then they do about knowing who the Kardashians are slutting around with or the status of their fantasy football teams then shootings like yesterday will continue to be nothing more than a blip on the radar where you get nothing but thoughts and prayers from politicians and outrage from the public on social media then 4 days later everyone will have moved on to something "more important" 

48 minutes ago, glduck said:

Those are two wildly different paragraphs there, my dude. To address your second point, a guy with a knife isn’t going to kill 52 people in under a minute.

You will never stop every asshole from doing sadistic things. You also don’t have to make it so goddamn easy for them to do it.

Right.  Just Google China Knife Attacks and you will see how many Chinese elementary school students have been slain which is still too much.  If guns become harder to get (they should be), people might turn to knives instead or other weapons.  Would being shot be better than having your head cut off by a sword or your throat slit?

The nation turning back to God would be very helpful too.

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Right.  Just Google China Knife Attacks and you will see how many Chinese elementary school students have been slain which is still too much.  If guns become harder to get (they should be), people might turn to knives instead or other weapons.  Would being shot be better than having your head cut off by a sword or your throat slit?

If you’re in a crowded place and a crazy asshole comes in with the intent to kill, yeah, you want him holding a knife, not an AK-47.

17 hours ago, glduck said:

If you’re in a crowded place and a crazy asshole comes in with the intent to kill, yeah, you want him holding a knife, not an AK-47.

Agreed.  

The NY Post, the conservative NYC paper as opposed to the liberal NY Times, is now calling for Gun Control.  I just hope that those shootings are a wake up call for Congress to do something.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-shootings-remarks

Shock warning: Trump condemned white supremacy, reform of mental health laws to better identify people at risk for mass shootings like that, and called for red flag legislation on guns.

Looks like this nation could be waking up...unless Cocaine Mitch decides to muck up the waters once again.

21 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

I think this might be the 9th or 10th time I've corrected YOU, SPECIFICALLY, on this particular issue, but on the day of Newtown, 20 children were gunned down (dead) by a Bushmaster rifle.

Meanwhile, in China, 25 children were stabbed, but ALL SURVIVED.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenpeng_Village_Primary_School_stabbing

Beijing Time (GMT+8)
Target Students and an elderly woman
Weapons Kitchen knife
Deaths 0
Non-fatal injuries
Suspected perpetrator
Min Yongjun

So once again video games are being blamed for gun violence, with Call of Duty and the GTA series named leading culprits.

Although it's Trump, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and the cast of Fox & Friends leading the call this time, this is a totally bipartisan myth. Biden was all over it in 2013, as well.

The fact is that there simply is no evidence for this claim whatsoever. A few decades ago they blamed movies, books and that infernal rock 'n roll. What they can't explain, however, is that these games are played by tens of millions of people all over the world, and yet the U.S. is the only country in which this kind of violence happens so regularly. And, oh yeah, we have almost double (or more by some estimates) the number of privately owned guns per 100 people than the second-highest country does, which is either Yemen or the Falkland Islands (population about 3,300) depending on your source.

So is it video games, or is it more than 300 million privately owned firearms? Occam's Razor.

And naturally, Aunt Karen on facebook (AKA, an Ohio legislator) believes open borders, ladyboys, and the devil's lettuce is causing all of this.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/ohio-lawmaker-blames-mass-shootings-open-borders-homosexuality-video-games-n1039321

“After every mass shooting, the liberals start the blame game. Why not place the blame where it belongs?" (she says, before blaming: the breakdown of the traditional American family," "homosexual marriage," "fatherlessness," "the ignoring of violent video games," "professional athletes who hate our flag and the National Anthem," "the relaxing of laws against criminals," "recreational marijuana," "Obama" and Democratic members of Congress, among others.)

Today's word-of-the-day is "appetite." I wonder who told him to use that (four times in five sentences.)

"Well I can tell you there is no political appetite for that at this moment. If you look - you could speak - you could do your own polling. There's no political appetite for it from the standpoint of legislature. But I will certainly bring that up. There's a great appetite and I mean a very strong appetite for background checks. And I think we can bring up background checks like we've never had before. I think both Republican and Democrat are getting close to a bill - to doing something on background checks."

Archived