2019-20 NBA

PapaG

I’m weary of continuing to underestimate Denver too, but... I’m going to do it again. If the Lakers role players are hitting shots, they’re just about unbeatable, IMO. If they aren’t, they’ve still got two top 5 players to lean on.

Really interested in seeing how the Laker defense, which has been excellent, plays Jokic. Portland is easy to shut down if you throw waves of defenders at Lillard, and Houston was hampered both by Westbrook’s trash performance and the one dimensional nature of their offense. But Jokic is so versatile and impacts Denver’s offense so much even without scoring I want to see what LA comes up with to not only limit his individual offense but his overall touches.

IMO back-to-back 7 games series and a “just happy to be here ahead of our curve” mentality won’t do them any favors. I’ll say Lakers in 5 again. As a longtime Laker hater, I would love to be wrong.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, glduck said:

I’m weary of continuing to underestimate Denver too, but... I’m going to do it again. If the Lakers role players are hitting shots, they’re just about unbeatable, IMO. If they aren’t, they’ve still got two top 5 players to lean on.

Really interested in seeing how the Laker defense, which has been excellent, plays Jokic. Portland is easy to shut down if you throw waves of defenders at Lillard, and Houston was hampered both by Westbrook’s trash performance and the one dimensional nature of their offense. But Jokic is so versatile and impacts Denver’s offense so much even without scoring I want to see what LA comes up with to not only limit his individual offense but his overall touches.

IMO back-to-back 7 games series and a “just happy to be here ahead of our curve” mentality won’t do them any favors. I’ll say Lakers in 5 again. As a longtime Laker hater, I would love to be wrong.

I agree...Davis should be able slow the joker.. McGee isn’t a terrible defender. I still think the key is Murray..

I think the Lakers need to control Tempo on offense. 

But you are damn crazy to pick against Denver GL...😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 7:18 AM, glduck said:

I don’t think there’s any chance Miami could take this beyond 5 games even at full health, but without Bam and Dragic? Never been less enthused about a Finals.

Well, chalk this one up in the “this didn’t age well” category — Miami has put up a fight, so kudos to them. Games 3 and 4 were actually quite entertaining. I can’t believe they won game 3 w/o Bam or Dragic. I hope the Heat can push this out another game or two, but I think LA wraps up yet another series in 5 on Friday.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve never been able to get worked up over the All Star game, so I really don’t have a Dame hot take. I thought this might be the year he got a starting nod, but it’s a fan’s game and the fans wanted Steph and Luka.

That said, why are the AS starters even divided by East/West? The game itself hasn’t been East vs West for years. The Western Conference is now entering its third decade of consecutive dominance. It seems a touch antiquated, and a good opportunity to just honor the game’s 10 best.

• 1 month later...

Let’s dust off this thread. GL, orange are the Blazers looking at any trades before the deadline?  Hats off to Dame for keeping Portland in the conversation with so many injuries. 

Lakers are in a world of shit right now but if they can be healthy by playoff time, I still think they are the favorite for the west. 

As a Jazz fan, I’m pretty happy right now but we have a lot of doubters and until we prove something in the playoffs, I’m not going to argue much. 

Suns for real?

Blazers might make a minor deal, but I think they’re banking on Nurkic coming back healthy for the stretch run. Our oft-rumored pursuit of Aaron Gordon resurrected itself again this year, but both sides are now saying they’ve moved on.

We look like first (maybe second) round fodder. The defense is atrocious.

Archived