2019-20 NBA

PapaG

13 hours ago, utenation said:

Let’s dust off this thread. GL, orange are the Blazers looking at any trades before the deadline?  Hats off to Dame for keeping Portland in the conversation with so many injuries. 

Lakers are in a world of shit right now but if they can be healthy by playoff time, I still think they are the favorite for the west. 

As a Jazz fan, I’m pretty happy right now but we have a lot of doubters and until we prove something in the playoffs, I’m not going to argue much. 

Suns for real?

Kyle Kuzma and Alex Caruso gonna need some MVP performances...

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Orange said:

Kyle Kuzma and Alex Caruso gonna need some MVP performances...

I love Kyle. Former Ute. But he was never going to be a main option. He can have spurts and maybe during this time, he can step it up but he's just a role player at the end of the day.

I really don't think the Lakers care too much if they drop to 6th right now. If the dynamic duo are healthy when the fun starts, seeding won't matter much.

In the West, I don't see an easy out 1-8.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Lakers are only 4.5 or 5 games away from being stuck in the play-in.  When do LeBron and AD get back?

When Davis got hurt, they said shortly after the all star break.  And here we are in late March. For Lebron, high ankle sprains can be 4-8 weeks depending on the severity of the sprain. Camp LA has basically said that they aren't going to push the return of LJ with the playoffs about 2 months to go..

With an achilles or anything close to it, I think teams are being super cautious with sometimes career ending injuries so they are milking Davis too.

Thanks Portland. Kinda. We are smoking the Nets right now.  Hope It holds, we give up leads some games. 

Brooklyn was in a dogfight last night with the Blazers. So they are on a back to back without their big 3. Harden out with a “kinked” neck. My guess is from looking up at the scoreboard at his own stats. 

I was hoping the big three were playing by now. Good test of where we’re really at.  But hopefully we should dominate this team as expected.

Gordon to Denver could be interesting. It's clear some of Denver's off season departures(like Grant) have hurt the team.

Gary Harris was supposed to be some type of "all world" defender. Pretty had to do that from the bench or rehab room for injuries.

4 hours ago, glduck said:

Loved Trent, sad to see him go. Portland clearly thought they had no way to re-sign him after the season.

But Powell is good, and under contract through next season.

Not sure what Trent was making but Powell seems like a good pick up for $11.6M a year. 20 points a game and 43% from 3.. Not sure if he's a good defender or not. 

Poor Rodney. Utah drafted him and he had moments but I think we was ultimately trade fodder/material. Guess that's how the business goes.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:20 PM, utenation said:

Not sure what Trent was making but Powell seems like a good pick up for $11.6M a year. 20 points a game and 43% from 3.. Not sure if he's a good defender or not. 

Poor Rodney. Utah drafted him and he had moments but I think we was ultimately trade fodder/material. Guess that's how the business goes.

I have no idea if he's a good defender in the NBA, but Powell was a two time all defensive player in the PAC-12, though just honorable mention. To put that in perspective, Russell Westbrook might have been one of the best defensive players I've ever seen in college and well, things change I guess.

27 minutes ago, utenation said:

Wheels coming off in Boston. Ainge is blaming and calling out players.  Coach Brad is a deer in the headlights in postgame pressers. "We just need to play harder" type stuff. Players are grumbling.. I smell changes coming.

You think ******ns just says fuck it, and goes to UNC?

5 hours ago, Mano said:

You think ******ns just says fuck it, and goes to UNC?

Boston media and fans are ruthless. Brad is getting smashed in pressers. Philly might be the most ruthless market in pro sports but Boston is close. 

I think it will come down to Ainge’s head or Brad’s. Brad is in over his head IMO. Especially in bad times. Way too much talent and All star level players to be this bad. 

You know things are shitty when your GM is making noise in public. Normally they are behind closed door type people. 

I would take the UNC job ASAP if offered. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/danny-ainge-sends-message-celtics-190710382.html

So here is my way too early stab at playoff seedings. I’ll likely be wrong but based on how things look today, I see: 

WEST

1. Utah

2. Denver

3. Clippers

4. PHX

5. Portland

6. Lakers

7. Dallas

8. Spurs

EAST

1. Nets 

2. Philly

3. Bucks

4-8. Meh, they all suck.  Miami could go on a run though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived