2019-20 NBA

PapaG

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, glduck said:

I have no memory of Norman Powell at UCLA. The Blazers announcer mentioned it tonight and I had to look it up because I was sure he was wrong. HE PLAYED IN 141 GAMES for UCLA from 2011-15. I’m shook.

Only player to actually get better under ****** Alford

19 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

If a white fan is goin to attack an NBA player it’s almost gotta be a black one.

The popcorn thing was stupid and should earn a lifetime ban from NBA games as should any physical contact with a player.

Westbrook being unable to get to the fan was the second best thing that could have happened to Westbrook, the first being it not happening.  If he would have seriously hit this guy it would have resulted in a huge civil judgment.  I mean what would have been a proportionate response?  Throwing the popcorn back at him?

Is this still just another fan-on-player interaction where they just HAPPEN to be white people abusing black people by virtue of coincidence, or do you want to finally admit that the USA still has an UNBELIEVABLY horrific race problem that people of your political stripe love to ignore?

Difficult doesn’t mean impossible. There’s just a very short list of teams who can take on his contract and remain a championship contender and would have something Portland would be willing to take back to make the deal work. He’s a super max guy, can’t just trade that kind of contract for cash considerations. More likely, Portland overhauls its front office and coaching staff and they deal CJ.

8 hours ago, glduck said:

This would be fucking terrible.

Jason Kidd would be a joke of a hire. The Athletic says sources indicate Portland will choose between Kidd and Chauncey Billups. Lillard has said he likes both, but likes Kidd’s experience as a head coach (lol) and that he’s from Oakland. I’d take Billups out of those two. But why big give Vanterpool, Udoka, or Hammon a shot?

Archived