2019-20 NBA

PapaG

Best part of what he said was the direct contradiction to Olshey’s assessment of the team. For what they’ve expressed publicly, they couldn’t be further apart.

Unless Portland just feels like blowing it up and tanking/starting from scratch — which, historically, they rarely do — I still say trading him will be extremely difficult.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2021 at 2:30 PM, glduck said:

Best part of what he said was the direct contradiction to Olshey’s assessment of the team. For what they’ve expressed publicly, they couldn’t be further apart.

Unless Portland just feels like blowing it up and tanking/starting from scratch — which, historically, they rarely do — I still say trading him will be extremely difficult.

Yep.  I laughed out loud when I heard Dame say that.  Not because it's funny or untrue, but how clear he was in disagreement with Olshey.  Hopefully Jody can at least tell Lillard is who more important than Neal 'Trust' Olshey. 

On 7/29/2021 at 2:10 PM, glduck said:

I like this a lot for both sides.

Russ takes a ton of pressure off of LeBron in that he isnt the only creator and run a legit offense when LeBron is on the bench. When they are on the court together, Russ can revert back to what he was in Houston when Harden was on the ball and he had his most efficient stretch of basketball ever. And he's not a total liability on a catch and shoot situation (35% last year). We'll have to see who else the Lakers get to round out their 5.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, MrBug708 said:

Russ takes a ton of pressure off of LeBron in that he isnt the only creator and run a legit offense when LeBron is on the bench. When they are on the court together, Russ can revert back to what he was in Houston when Harden was on the ball and he had his most efficient stretch of basketball ever. And he's not a total liability on a catch and shoot situation (35% last year). We'll have to see who else the Lakers get to round out their 5.

Russ  could work out, but the lakers still need some shooters to spread the floor.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:44 AM, MrBug708 said:

Absolutely. Problem is if they make this trade or not, they are pretty short on financial flexibility

The will probably need to go pretty deep into the luxury tax to do what is necessary, but the Lebron window is closing, so if they want to win with him they need to do it and quickly.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:30 AM, Mano said:

The will probably need to go pretty deep into the luxury tax to do what is necessary, but the Lebron window is closing, so if they want to win with him they need to do it and quickly.

I think that's why they ended up in this direction.

Archived