2019-20 NBA

I’m weary of continuing to underestimate Denver too, but... I’m going to do it again. If the Lakers role players are hitting shots, they’re just about unbeatable, IMO. If they aren’t, they’ve still got two top 5 players to lean on.

Really interested in seeing how the Laker defense, which has been excellent, plays Jokic. Portland is easy to shut down if you throw waves of defenders at Lillard, and Houston was hampered both by Westbrook’s trash performance and the one dimensional nature of their offense. But Jokic is so versatile and impacts Denver’s offense so much even without scoring I want to see what LA comes up with to not only limit his individual offense but his overall touches.

IMO back-to-back 7 games series and a “just happy to be here ahead of our curve” mentality won’t do them any favors. I’ll say Lakers in 5 again. As a longtime Laker hater, I would love to be wrong.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Props to the Bucks.

On this, the first day of the NBA season, let's give some uninformed opinions (regular season predicted finish): EAST 1. Milwaukee. Bucks edge the Sixers because I trust Giannis over Embiid.

LeBron and I are the same age, and I tweaked a shoulder putting on a t-shirt this morning. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, glduck said:

I’m weary of continuing to underestimate Denver too, but... I’m going to do it again. If the Lakers role players are hitting shots, they’re just about unbeatable, IMO. If they aren’t, they’ve still got two top 5 players to lean on.

Really interested in seeing how the Laker defense, which has been excellent, plays Jokic. Portland is easy to shut down if you throw waves of defenders at Lillard, and Houston was hampered both by Westbrook’s trash performance and the one dimensional nature of their offense. But Jokic is so versatile and impacts Denver’s offense so much even without scoring I want to see what LA comes up with to not only limit his individual offense but his overall touches.

IMO back-to-back 7 games series and a “just happy to be here ahead of our curve” mentality won’t do them any favors. I’ll say Lakers in 5 again. As a longtime Laker hater, I would love to be wrong.

I agree...Davis should be able slow the joker.. McGee isn’t a terrible defender. I still think the key is Murray..

I think the Lakers need to control Tempo on offense. 

But you are damn crazy to pick against Denver GL...😉