Dan Guerrero is retiring!

MrBug708

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Mano said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-09-11/ucla-rick-singer-college-admissions-scandal

Does the contents of above article have anything to do with his "retirement".

Nope. He's going to get a pension of over a million dollars now and I don't think he wants to deal with a messy divorce if Kelly goes 0-12. But his reign of terror in football is over with 17 years and no PAC-12 titles to speak of

4 hours ago, Scorcho said:

make me a little nervous that Westwood might look Mark Harlan's way (Utah's A.D.)  I think Harlan worked with Dan at UCLA previously.  

We might as well close up shop if we hire Harlan. He might be the only guy more despised in the AD than DG was

3 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

We might as well close up shop if we hire Harlan. He might be the only guy more despised in the AD than DG was

Harlen basically just took the keys of a well oiled machine when he went to Utah. He really hasn’t made any crucial decisions yet but Utah seems to be in great shape. My only concern is possibly keeping Larry around for hoops when we’ve lost so many players to transfers.

UCLA on the other hand is a complete disaster all around. I seem to remember you telling everyone chip was the best hire in CFB.  Yikes. And even a few weeks ago saying next year’s  schedule would be a “breeze”.

Bottom line, I’m not so sure UCLA fans are qualified to determine what  is qualified or not. Seems to me, anyone that can handle a compound fracture and has a pulse might be qualified.

UCLA seems like school that just wastes talent every year.

Maybe they should just shut the doors no matter what.

4 minutes ago, utenation said:

Harlen basically just took the keys of a well oiled machine when he went to Utah. He really hasn’t made any crucial decisions yet but Utah seems to be in great shape. My only concern is possibly keeping Larry around for hoops when we’ve lost so many players to transfers.

UCLA on the other hand is a complete disaster all around. I seem to remember you telling everyone chip was the best hire in CFB.  Yikes. And even a few weeks ago saying next year’s  schedule would be a “breeze”.

Bottom line, I’m not so sure UCLA fans are qualified to determine what  is qualified or not. Seems to me, anyone that can handle a compound fracture and has a pulse might be qualified.

To be fair, the gap between first place in the Pac-12 South and last place in the Pac-12 really isn't that great so you can't fault UCLA fans for being optimistic every year.  They could go on an epic run and win the South this year.  Since every South team has been to the Pac-12 CCG, anything goes in the South division.

9 minutes ago, utenation said:

Maybe they should just shut the doors no matter what.

What a weird post full of comments about nothing that was said.

4 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

What a weird post full of comments about nothing that was said.

Let me make it more simple. Harlan would probably be a huge upgrade for your pathetic athletic department. 

UCLA fans acting like they can pick and chose given your current train wreck is laughable.

15 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

To be fair, the gap between first place in the Pac-12 South and last place in the Pac-12 really isn't that great so you can't fault UCLA fans for being optimistic every year.  They could go on an epic run and win the South this year.  Since every South team has been to the Pac-12 CCG, anything goes in the South division.

Yeah? I’ll bet you a grand UCLA doesn’t win the south this year.

Deal?

Archived