Pelosi Announces Impeachment?

PapaG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that two Dems already has voted against the proceedings, that means the Dems can only afford 17 votes to be lost before losing the impeachment vote which is a possibility.  That would be quite the egg on the face of the Dems.

Censuring Trump looks more likely.

20 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:
Given that two Dems already has voted against the proceedings, that means the Dems can only afford 17 votes to be lost before losing the impeachment vote which is a possibility.  That would be quite the egg on the face of the Dems.

If we've learned anything about Nancy Pelosi, it's that she doesn't move forward with things unless she has the votes already lined up.

1 minute ago, Scscsc89 said:

didn't say it was okay, you were the one who called it "wrong".

To me, it's a dumb, distracting argument for #BothSides.

We agree there.  I’ll stand by wrong, but dumb is also fair.  

Lol, and I didn’t bring up both sides here!

Just now, Scscsc89 said:

If we've learned anything about Nancy Pelosi, it's that she doesn't move forward with things unless she has the votes already lined up.

This.

she wouldn’t have announced without knowing she has the votes.  She does an amazing job at getting people in line.

Doesn't mean anything -- unless you put any stock into history, precedent and experience.

24 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I think both are most likely.  Impeachment by the House & once he is acquitted by the Senate, they'll give him a slap-on-the-wrist censure to show how "tough on crime" they are.

They won't censure or remove him.  They'll acquit.  Anything less, and they'd be spat upon as libtards by the slackjawed mumbleoids in their district who've been fed "witch hunt" propaganda by Fox News for 23 years.

I have zero faith in any of our democratic institutions anymore.  Not the judiciary, not elections, not even the legislative branch.  It's irretrievably broken.  And make no mistake, the GOP was the chief architect in breaking it.  Because they know that in the ashes, their benefactors (rich, white, male, powerful) will do just fine.

28 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Doesn't mean anything -- unless you put any stock into history, precedent and experience.

I think both are most likely.  Impeachment by the House & once he is acquitted by the Senate, they'll give him a slap-on-the-wrist censure to show how "tough on crime" they are.

Unfortunately that is the best that could have been done without going down the path of impeachment.

I believe the more left leaning Dems are gonna get hammered next November by either the GOP candidate or moderate Dem.  Should have let the voters decide Trump's fate.

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

There was good reason to do so because of the email scandal and Benghazi.  Government business email on a private server?  Big time no no for any government employee including the POTUS and their cabinet members.  There are no special rules when it comes to email in the government.  I'd be fired and possibly put in prison if I did a similar stint.  Congress members have been caught & prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law in the past for violating the same rules that govern internet use on government computers just I am under.

Trump might not be trusted with national security but Hillary wasn't that much better either in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Unfortunately that is the best that could have been done without going down the path of impeachment.

I believe the more left leaning Dems are gonna get hammered next November by either the GOP candidate or moderate Dem.  Should have let the voters decide Trump's fate.

There was good reason to do so because of the email scandal and Benghazi.  Government business email on a private server?  Big time no no for any government employee including the POTUS and their cabinet members.  There are no special rules when it comes to email in the government.  I'd be fired and possibly put in prison if I did a similar stint.  Congress members have been caught & prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law in the past for violating the same rules that govern internet use on government computers just I am under.

Trump might not be trusted with national security but Hillary wasn't that much better either in that regard.

Wait, had she won she should have been impeached over Benghazi?  Please explain, I don’t get that.

14 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

You are so incredibly fucking stupid.  Trump STILL uses a private cell phone to do business as President.  Ivanka and Jared used a private fucking server.  What's more, full investigations in the FBI and the Congress (headed by Republicans, both) investigated her EXHAUSTIVELY and came up fucking empty.

Shut up.  Seriously, just shut the fuck up, you fucking idiot.

Thank you to the far left kooks that are pushing their party to annihilation in 2020.

Before I get the predictable “Muh Monmouth poll” from the Braintrust, consider this:

According to fivethirtyeight Monmouth is one of their most trusted pollsters....with (as of 2018) a D+3.9 bias. 

So a democratic favoring poll group is showing trump gaining +7.

10 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Thank you to the far left kooks that are pushing their party to annihilation in 2020.

Before I get the predictable “Muh Monmouth poll” from the Braintrust, consider this:

According to fivethirtyeight Monmouth is one of their most trusted pollsters....with (as of 2018) a D+3.9 bias. 

So a democratic favoring poll group is showing trump gaining +7.

https://www.newsweek.com/new-poll-shows-top-democrats-beating-trump-2020-1476714

NEW NATIONAL POLL SHOWS EVERY PROSPECTIVE DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE BEATING DONALD TRUMP

Archived