The Biden Thread

Scscsc89

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, azgreg said:

I think it will be. I think the blue wave from 2018 continues into 2020 regardless of who the dem candidate is.

That's what they said 4 years ago.

How'd that work out?

Personally I think we get 4 more years of the small fingered vulgarian. The Republic is dead.

1 minute ago, Scscsc89 said:

even if it doesn't sway the EC, I think it's good to remind your reps they represent some blue.

It's always good to read the "even in solid-red Kentucky, the vote was closer than expected" articles.

That just tells them how to gerrymander the districts.....

31 minutes ago, mysfit said:

That's what they said 4 years ago.

How'd that work out?

Personally I think we get 4 more years of the small fingered vulgarian. The Republic is dead.

I mean, usually Democrats really turn out for presidential elections.

The only way the GOP wins 2020 is if they cheat.  Which they will, of course, with voter suppression games and assistance from Russia.  The Dems will, probably forever, get more votes than the GOP for president.

But it doesn't matter, because the desires of slaveowners to implement the EC are still honored today. 

I'm thinking Biden is about done.  If Trump is impeached, the GOP will have no shame revealing some negative stuff on Biden plus getting into arguments with farmers and calling them fat isn't a good recipe for winning the undecided vote.

50 minutes ago, Orange said:

I mean, usually Democrats really turn out for presidential elections.

The only way the GOP wins 2020 is if they cheat.  Which they will, of course, with voter suppression games and assistance from Russia.  The Dems will, probably forever, get more votes than the GOP for president.

But it doesn't matter, because the desires of slaveowners to implement the EC are still honored today. 

I don't think dems turned out all that much last go around because everyone thought Hillary had it in the bag.

To be perfectly honest, I just won't be all that thrilled voting for another white male and might just skip voting in that case.

Everyone knows how I feel about the lying SOB we now have. And if I'm less than motivated with the choices, I probably won't be alone.

1 minute ago, mysfit said:

I don't think dems turned out all that much last go around because everyone thought Hillary had it in the bag.

To be perfectly honest, I just won't be all that thrilled voting for another white male and might just skip voting in that case.

Everyone knows how I feel about the lying SOB we now have. And if I'm less than motivated with the choices, I probably won't be alone.

This is how we ended up with Trump, voters sitting out because they didn't get their candidate.

Sometimes you don't get the choices you want, but there is still a clearly better or worse choice. The progressive side of the party needs to abandon the purity tests for national election. For those who were arguing that Hillary was just as bad as Trump, clearly she was not. 

The only way Trump can win is if turnout is low. The GOP will do all they can to accomplish this with voter suppression and misinformation campaigns, the Democrats have to act like adults and turn out regardless of whether their favorite candidate is on the ballot.

9 minutes ago, mysfit said:

I flirted with this idea in my head, but come on.  Who do you want replacing RBG?

23 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Even if we are at the opposite ends of the political spectrum, it's still important we vote and as Mano & Org pointed out, not voting might lead to consequences that we all don't want.

15 hours ago, Orange said:

I flirted with this idea in my head, but come on.  Who do you want replacing RBG?

Obviously not trump

But as I said, I live in Idaho and my vote doesn't count. And that's true for more people than not given the EC.

And if trump is not held accountable for enlisting the aide of foreign governments to help him win, what's the freaking point?

I'm disgusted by our leadership and the trump supporters. The SC and their ruling on Citizens United killed this country. Hard to envision it ever turning around.

15 hours ago, Mano said:

This is how we ended up with Trump, voters sitting out because they didn't get their candidate.

Sometimes you don't get the choices you want, but there is still a clearly better or worse choice. The progressive side of the party needs to abandon the purity tests for national election. For those who were arguing that Hillary was just as bad as Trump, clearly she was not. 

The only way Trump can win is if turnout is low. The GOP will do all they can to accomplish this with voter suppression and misinformation campaigns, the Democrats have to act like adults and turn out regardless of whether their favorite candidate is on the ballot.

I live in Idaho.

My vote doesn't count so spare me the soap box.

15 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Even if we are at the opposite ends of the political spectrum, it's still important we vote and as Mano & Org pointed out, not voting might lead to consequences that we all don't want.

No, it isn't.

Not with the EC. Unless you live in one of the swing districts in a swing state, it's an exercise in futility.

More voters in 2016 did not want trump than did, yet that's who was elected. The system is broken. The GOP wants to keep it broken and they have now stacked the courts to keep it that way.

I've spent my life voting to prevent that yet here we are. It's rigged. Bought and paid for by special interest with the SC putting a nice bow on it.

And yes, my attitude is pretty fatalistic, I admit that. Between our ineffective government, the war on science, and the climate crises, the future looks pretty grim to me. The human race seems bound and determined to destroy the current ecosystem and we've run out of time to mitigate that. 

So whether or not I vote in an election with the EC which makes my vote pointless? I'm just not feeling it.

I do understand the viewpoints of yourself and the others. It's where I was 4 years ago. Trump's election sucked all the hope out of me.

:)

4 hours ago, mysfit said:

No, it isn't.

Not with the EC. Unless you live in one of the swing districts in a swing state, it's an exercise in futility.

More voters in 2016 did not want trump than did, yet that's who was elected. The system is broken. The GOP wants to keep it broken and they have now stacked the courts to keep it that way.

I've spent my life voting to prevent that yet here we are. It's rigged. Bought and paid for by special interest with the SC putting a nice bow on it.

And yes, my attitude is pretty fatalistic, I admit that. Between our ineffective government, the war on science, and the climate crises, the future looks pretty grim to me. The human race seems bound and determined to destroy the current ecosystem and we've run out of time to mitigate that. 

So whether or not I vote in an election with the EC which makes my vote pointless? I'm just not feeling it.

I do understand the viewpoints of yourself and the others. It's where I was 4 years ago. Trump's election sucked all the hope out of me.

:)

Only reason I vote  is to give me the right to bitch about the leadership on both sides of the aisle.  Feels justified that way

21 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

I'm thinking Biden is about done.  If Trump is impeached, the GOP will have no shame revealing some negative stuff on Biden plus getting into arguments with farmers and calling them fat isn't a good recipe for winning the undecided vote.

Do you think there’s a hidden treasure trove of Biden dirt somewhere that the GOP is just sitting on? If that were remotely true, Trump wouldn’t have had to run with a debunked nonsense conspiracy that ultimately led to impeachment in the first place.

Its also a good rule of thumb to understand that Trump already operates every second of every day with zero shame. He doesn’t need a prompt.

13 hours ago, mysfit said:

I live in Idaho.

My vote doesn't count so spare me the soap box.

I live in Utah, so spare me the pity party.

If you would rather sulk than participate, that is on you. It kills Trump that he lost the popular vote, my vote was one that was against him.

If my children or grandchildren ever ask, I can tell them I voted against Trump.

1 hour ago, Mano said:

I live in Utah, so spare me the pity party.

If you would rather sulk than participate, that is on you. It kills Trump that he lost the popular vote, my vote was one that was against him.

If my children or grandchildren ever ask, I can tell them I voted against Trump.

It's not about pity.

It's about a broken, fucked up system.

I stated a fact. It's the same fact republican voters face in deeply blue states. The system is broken and pity isn't the answer or the point.

Typical misogynist response to use loaded and emotional descriptions. I am not interested in pity nor am I sulking or any other emotional descriptors you might want to toss out there. The system is broken and whether I take part in the sham or not makes no difference pm the outcome. I'm also not into "moral victories".

53 minutes ago, mysfit said:

It's not about pity.

It's about a broken, fucked up system.

I stated a fact. It's the same fact republican voters face in deeply blue states. The system is broken and pity isn't the answer or the point.

Typical misogynist response to use loaded and emotional descriptions. I am not interested in pity nor am I sulking or any other emotional descriptors you might want to toss out there. The system is broken and whether I take part in the sham or not makes no difference pm the outcome. I'm also not into "moral victories".

Do nothing and throw insults at me, I'm sure that will work much better than trying. 

Whatever gets you through the night. 

mysfit, I live in the city and county of Denver where at least 90-95% of the people will vote Dems like in the 2018 election but I still voted for the GOP candidates even if I knew they were going to lose.  

There's still the statewide votes on important matters such as taxes for transportation, schools, etc.  If you vote yes on a transportation measure and it gets passed, chances are good that the transportation measure will get some Federal funding for construction to start sooner than later.  So think about your reluctance for voting on important matters when you are stuck in traffic on I-84 in Boise.  Or you end up having toll lanes constructed like here in Colorado because no one wants to pay taxes to improve transportation...not necessarily a bad thing because those toll roads could lead to regional BRT systems being constructed which could be cheaper than building & maintaining a mass transit train system.

Archived