The Biden Thread

Scscsc89

Biden feels like Clinton 2.

Should he win the nomination, Democrats, and the country, will regret that choice IMO.  Despite the polls, I think he loses to trump in the EC.

BTW, I don't travel on 84 and I don't travel into Boise much. I really don't care what Boise does. The bulk of local issues aren't partisan where I'm at and I tend to side with the majority. 

But none of that is the point. The point is the pres election and the impact of nominating another aging white male moderate. This foray into moral victories and local elections is nothing but a deflection. It amazes me how difficult it is to stay on topic for some people.

The topic is Biden. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Biden is nominated, I'll need a barfbag for when I fill out my mail-in ballot, but I'll do it.

I'm with Mano, though, Mysfit.  So long as you are going to the trouble of voting on local and state matters, it's only one more hand motion to punch a vote for the Dem nominee (and I truly don't think it will be Biden).

On 12/9/2019 at 2:40 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Well, then -- we better work to nominate someone else.

Or we could keep talking about it.

Until the Senate trail?

Breitbart is showing out some ugly business about Biden's son (not going to bother to read those articles)...there will be people who draw conclusions about the parents of said individuals.

I'm still holding out hope that someone who can challenge Trump in the EC and might have to be a pretty bullet-proof person which Biden does't appear as.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Until the Senate trail?

Breitbart is showing out some ugly business about Biden's son (not going to bother to read those articles)...there will be people who draw conclusions about the parents of said individuals.

I'm still holding out hope that someone who can challenge Trump in the EC and might have to be a pretty bullet-proof person which Biden does't appear as.

Mixed Factual Reporting - Not always Credible

Breitbart - Questionable Source - Right Bias - Conservative - Republican - Alt Right - Not Credible

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

Detailed Report

Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180

History

Breitbart News is a conservative news and opinion website founded in 2007 by Andrew Breitbart (1969–2012). He was a conservative commentator and entrepreneur “a former liberal from Los Angeles who became a conservative” wrote Jonah Engel Bromwich of the NY Times. Breitbart News under his leadership generated news coverage that was praised by the right for its populist, anti-establishment voice, on the left however, he was also accused of being a provocateur and misleading. Andrew Breitbart also co-founded the Huffington Post.

After Andrew Breitbart died in 2012, former investment banker for Goldman Sachs, Stephen Bannon became the executive chairman of Breitbart. Under Bannon the website became more nationalist and a vocal outlet of the alt-right movement. According to Sarah Posner from Mother Jones, during her interview with Bannon, he described Breitbart News as “a platform to the alt-right.” Bannon, who was chief executive of the Trump campaign, and then White House chief strategist for seven months before returning to Breitbart News, had stepped down from his position at Breitbart in 2018.

Larry Solov is the co-founder and CEO of Breitbart News and Alex Marlow serves as editor-in-chief.

In October 2018, Breitbart was banned as a reliable source in Wikipedia. Further, they were added as a reliable news source to Facebook’s new news initiative. This decision was met by harsh criticism by several media outlets, including Media Bias Fact Check.

Funded by / Ownership

After the death of Andrew Breitbart in 2012, Larry Solov became CEO and president of Breitbart News. In 2017, according to Politico, Larry Solov revealed the owner of Breitbart as “himself, founder Andrew Breitbart’s widow, Susie Breitbart, and the Republican mega donor family, the Mercers.” Further, Solov also made a statement that he wants “to disclose as little as possible about financial and ownership structure.”

Analysis / Bias

Breitbart consist of various sections called Big Government, Big Journalism, Big Hollywood, National Security, Tech, Sports, and Wired.

Breitbart uses sensational emotionally loaded language in their headlines such as “Obama Loses 2 Million+ Followers During Twitter Fake Account Purge.” They utilize sources such as tabloid entertainment magazine Variety, and credible sources such as Bloomberg. as well as factually mixed sources such as the Daily Mail. Under the Big Hollywood section they publish tabloid stories such as “Fashion Notes: Melania Trump is Posh and Proper for Final Day in England” utilizing fashion sources such as farfetch.com

2014 Pew Research Survey found that 7% of Breitbart’s audience is consistently or mostly liberal, 14% Mixed and 79% consistently or mostly conservative. This indicates that Breitbart is heavily preferred by a more conservative audience.

In general, the majority of published stories favor the right and are highly pro-Trump in tone and story selection.

A factual search reveals numerous failed fact checks by IFCN Fact Checkers. Here are just a few of many as an example:

Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, publication of conspiracy theories and propaganda as well as numerous false claims. (M. Huitsing 7/14/2018) Updated (10/30/2019)

Source: https://www.breitbart.com/

1 hour ago, CRBuff said:

Even if Biden gets the nomination (doubtful imho), don’t you think trump will bring the voters on the left out?  I can’t imagine the left not voting even if it is a Biden type.

The leftists will probably decide not to vote just like the far righters would probably decide not to vote.  Look at Mysfit...she's not excited about voting for Biden and she appears to lean left.  If the extremists do not get their candidate, they just take their ballot and go home.

Perhaps the Dems pursued impeachment because they probably knew that Biden wouldn't get the nomination and Biden was probably the Dem's best hope to beat Trump in the EC.  In steps Bloomberg and if he wins buys the Dem nomination, it wouldn't be a good sign for future presidencies because the rich & powerful will be buying votes in the future and it'll filter down to the local level at unseen levels.

What Trump did was disgusting because it appears that he invited more foreign interference into next year's elections after Trump openly welcomed the Russians to get Hillary's email.  It's almost like the Dems had no choice but to go after Trump even if it appears that there is no law on the books strictly forbidding such behavior.  Hopefully Congress will fix that up and make it a felony (aka high crime) to do so and I hope that they are actually working on something like that.

A POTUS is tasked with enforcing the nation's laws especially the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act which forbids bribing foreign officials.  Was Trump justified in going after Biden and Biden's son?  Probably but Trump screwed it up by withholding money from Ukraine and the EU Ambassador was under the assumption that Trump was trying to get Ukraine to do a criminal investigation on the Biden while Biden was running for office.  This was a good story that Trump managed to screw up.

Censure is the best option at this point and if Trump continues to do this after re-election, I think there would be more partisan support to remove Trump from office that time around.

9 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

"I'm not going to read the articles ... just the headlines were enough to register the propaganda with me -- and damn proud of it!"

You got your wish for more Breitbart tweets to be posted here.  Aren't you so happy? :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

"I'm not going to read the articles ... just the headlines were enough to register the propaganda with me -- and damn proud of it!"

But how will you know whether or not you agree with racist propaganda if you don't read it?

14 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

The leftists will probably decide not to vote just like the far righters would probably decide not to vote.  Look at Mysfit...she's not excited about voting for Biden and she appears to lean left.  If the extremists do not get their candidate, they just take their ballot and go home.

Perhaps the Dems pursued impeachment because they probably knew that Biden wouldn't get the nomination and Biden was probably the Dem's best hope to beat Trump in the EC.  In steps Bloomberg and if he wins buys the Dem nomination, it wouldn't be a good sign for future presidencies because the rich & powerful will be buying votes in the future and it'll filter down to the local level at unseen levels.

What Trump did was disgusting because it appears that he invited more foreign interference into next year's elections after Trump openly welcomed the Russians to get Hillary's email.  It's almost like the Dems had no choice but to go after Trump even if it appears that there is no law on the books strictly forbidding such behavior.  Hopefully Congress will fix that up and make it a felony (aka high crime) to do so and I hope that they are actually working on something like that.

A POTUS is tasked with enforcing the nation's laws especially the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act which forbids bribing foreign officials.  Was Trump justified in going after Biden and Biden's son?  Probably but Trump screwed it up by withholding money from Ukraine and the EU Ambassador was under the assumption that Trump was trying to get Ukraine to do a criminal investigation on the Biden while Biden was running for office.  This was a good story that Trump managed to screw up.

Censure is the best option at this point and if Trump continues to do this after re-election, I think there would be more partisan support to remove Trump from office that time around.

You're so fucking stupid, it hurts.  It actually hurts.

5 hours ago, Orange said:

You're so fucking stupid, it hurts.  It actually hurts.

Only if Biden didn't brag about getting a foreign prosecutor fired which led to Trump wanting to investigate.

It's going to be fun to see Biden get exposed during the Senate Trail and he will be telling himself "only if I kept my mouth shut".

8 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Only if Biden didn't brag about getting a foreign prosecutor fired which led to Trump wanting to investigate.

It's going to be fun to see Biden get exposed during the Senate Trail and he will be telling himself "only if I kept my mouth shut".

Getting exposed for what?

4 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

this is pure PROPAGANDA.   Trump wanted to announce the investigations to raise a smokescreen to make it seem like something was there to investigate. He was never interested in an actual investigation.

Trump and Republicans could have asked for investigations into this for 2 years but didn’t — until Biden announced his campaign for president.  It’s completely politically-motivated bullshit.

please read more about this from a publication that isn’t “Far-Right Biased”.

you are back to believing and spreading lies.  Please educate yourself 

Archived