Religion Thread

Orange

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe many religious people would be apt to support a GOP candidate who would be willing to defend their First Amendment rights which is something that the DNC does not appear to be willing to do especially after they passed a resolution that praised the non religious people and criticized religious liberty.  Trump has done more for religious freedom than past GOP presidents in my lifetime and hence the support from the evangelicals.  Not like they really had a choice despite Trump's moral shortcomings.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dnc-passes-resolution-criticizing-religious-liberty-and-praising-the-religiously-unaffiliated

After the DNC passed that resolution, I refuse to support any DNC candidate going forward.  Those Dems don't realize how much fuel they have given Trump for next year's election and assuming Trump gets impeached & remains in office, Trump could win big in next year's elections and the GOP retains control of the Senate so Trump can install more judges that respect religious liberty.  I imagine many independents feel like the DNC forced their hand on this very issue and will respond in kind next year and the GOP media advertisements will reflect that in a big way.

So what is wrong with the DNC too?  On the surface, they are becoming more of the anti-Constitution party and you cannot trust every American to go deeper in the surface in their analysis of issues.  That DNC resolution doesn't impact only Christians but many other religious groups such as Muslims, Hindus, etc. 

Big ASS mistake IMO!

44 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

after they passed a resolution that praised the non religious people and criticized religious liberty.  Trump has done more for religious freedom than past GOP presidents in my lifetime and hence the support from the evangelicals. 

This is an absolute crock. The resolution did not "criticize religious liberty," it merely recognized that the loudest voices against religious liberty (Evangelical Christians) are those who insist that their religion (Christianity) is the foundation of this country's patriotic, moral, ethical and humanitarian values. It isn't, and it never has been. The DNC is correct.

What has Trump done for religious freedom? Ask a Muslim. 

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

I believe many Christian people would be apt to support a GOP candidate who would be willing to defend their First Amendment rights which is something that the DNC does not appear to be willing to do especially after they passed a resolution that praised the non Christian people and criticized Christian liberty.  Trump has done more for Christian freedom than past GOP presidents in my lifetime and hence the support from the evangelicals.  Not like they really had a choice despite Trump's moral shortcomings.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dnc-passes-resolution-criticizing-religious-liberty-and-praising-the-religiously-unaffiliated

After the DNC passed that resolution, I refuse to support any DNC candidate going forward.  Those Dems don't realize how much fuel they have given Trump for next year's election and assuming Trump gets impeached & remains in office, Trump could win big in next year's elections and the GOP retains control of the Senate so Trump can install more judges that respect Christian liberty.  I imagine many independents feel like the DNC forced their hand on this very issue and will respond in kind next year and the GOP media advertisements will reflect that in a big way.

So what is wrong with the DNC too?  On the surface, they are becoming more of the anti-Constitution party and you cannot trust every American to go deeper in the surface in their analysis of issues.  That DNC resolution doesn't impact only Christians but many other religious groups such as Muslims, Hindus, etc. 

Big ASS mistake IMO!

lol, I knew I would draw out the stupid.

Edited to clarify what @Jalapeno actually means.

50 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

This is an absolute crock. The resolution did not "criticize religious liberty," it merely recognized that the loudest voices against religious liberty (Evangelical Christians) are those who insist that their religion (Christianity) is the foundation of this country's patriotic, moral, ethical and humanitarian values. It isn't, and it never has been. The DNC is correct.

What has Trump done for religious freedom? Ask a Muslim. 

The DNC is not correct. They favor rhetoric over reality. Sorry Jack read the dollar bill. In who do we trust. Not the Squad or Pelosi for sure. So left that you fail to see the forrest from the trees. And here comes the atheistic crap from Org and His clones.

44 minutes ago, Bruin 70 said:

The DNC is not correct. They favor rhetoric over reality. Sorry Jack read the dollar bill. In who do we trust. Not the Squad or Pelosi for sure. So left that you fail to see the forrest from the trees. And here comes the atheistic crap from Org and His clones.

Paper currency didn't have "In God We Trust" until 1957, as a response to everyone's fears about the Soviet Union (which did, in fact, disrespect religious liberty).  It has NOTHING to do with our country's founding.

24 minutes ago, Orange said:

Paper currency didn't have "In God We Trust" until 1957, as a response to everyone's fears about the Soviet Union (which did, in fact, disrespect religious liberty).  It has NOTHING to do with our country's founding.

Oh you were there I guess.

1 hour ago, Bruin 70 said:

you fail to see the forrest from the trees.

The phrase you're looking for is, "Can't see the forest (one "r") for the trees," and it isn't applicable to the weak argument you're making. 

2 hours ago, Bruin 70 said:

Trump has done so much for religious freedom

Please provide examples of what Trump has done for "religious freedom."

waiting GIF

1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

The phrase you're looking for is, "Can't see the forest (one "r") for the trees," and it isn't applicable to the weak argument you're making. 

waiting GIF

Maybe this is what @Jalapeno meant:

20 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

waiting GIF

What argument are you making again?

16 hours ago, Orange said:

p78l98x7r3q31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

This is BS and pure hearsay. 1. Compared to Clinton he is a saint. 2. Compared to Oblama at least he has a religion.

23 hours ago, glduck said:

You do nothing BUT accuse Obama of having a religion. You have roughly ten thousand posts spanning two boards and 10+ years declaring he’s religious.

Really where? Unless you are referring to what I think you are talking about, then I agree. I mean he is Hawaiin right

Archived