USC @ ND

azgreg

5 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

The Pac-12 only gets two shots at ND, and all CardTricks was saying is that Stanford probably has a better shot than the Trojans this year. That's not an unreasonable statement at all.

It isn't necessary for you to be asinine at all times.

That is a highly unreasonable statement.  They have no chance of beating ND.

So let me see:  CardTricks stated that Stanford - a team that gave up 38 1st-half points to UCF, a G5 opponent that called off the dogs in the third quarter - might have the best shot to beat ND, to which I replied, "You cannot be serious?"  And for that, I'm called "asinine"?  If I replied the way so many of you on these threads reply to me, my comments would be laced with profanity, swearing, and name calling.  And that seems to be okay, to you.  Yet replying with, "You cannot be serious?" is - according to you - "asinine".

If the PAC12 had 12 shots at ND, they would lose 12 times.

I loathe ND.  I can't stand them.  But they are heads and shoulders better than anyone in the PAC12.  To suggest that Stanford could be the best shot to beat ND is wishful thinking and not realistic.  I understand and appreciate CardTricks dedication and belief in his team.   But his heart and passion for Stanford is clouding his ability to look at things rationally.

Neither USC or Stanford will beat ND.  They are simply not good enough.

I'm not trying to be a horse's behind, I'm just being honest.

5 minutes ago, HLB said:

I'm not trying to be a horse's behind,

You're managing it just fine without trying.

Saying they have no chance at all is completely unreasonable. You act as though the proverbial David slays Goliath scenario never happens. You've heard the expression "That's why they play the games"? 

So maybe USC has a 2% chance of beating ND, and maybe Stanford has a 3% chance. It's still a better chance. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, Quack 12 said:

You're managing it just fine without trying.

Saying they have no chance at all is completely unreasonable. You act as though the proverbial David slays Goliath scenario never happens. You've heard the expression "That's why they play the games"? 

So maybe USC has a 2% chance of beating ND, and maybe Stanford has a 3% chance. It's still a better chance. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

FOR EXAMPLE:  Do you think that Vanderbilt would have a chance to beat Alabama?  Because I don't.  Saying they would have a chance is unreasonable (if you've watched the two teams play).

By the same token, I've seen Stanford play and I've seen ND play.

I'm just being realistic.

And I think SC had a better chance than Stanford will have (a thought I had before SC's game with ND was played).

On 10/13/2019 at 8:14 AM, HLB said:

FOR EXAMPLE:  Do you think that Vanderbilt would have a chance to beat Alabama?  Because I don't.  Saying they would have a chance is unreasonable (if you've watched the two teams play).

By the same token, I've seen Stanford play and I've seen ND play.

I'm just being realistic.

And I think SC had a better chance than Stanford will have (a thought I had before SC's game with ND was played).

Fast forward to when Stanford beats ND and you claim there were "contingencies" in this post.  

despicable me lol GIF

Archived