PAC 12 Traditions

Utefan1211

I recently read an article on college football traditions.  Some of the best came from the PAC 12.

Cal has a hill above the stadium that is a pile of dirt known as Tight Wad Hill for students and fans that can’t afford to purchase a ticket. Apparently it has great views. 

Sailgating at Washington Stadium looks like the bomb.

Stanford has a band that plays songs to mock others school’s “social injustices” or at least through the eyes of Stanford students.

Oregon uniforms

Ralphie’s run

Utah’s Block U

Bear Down

WSU has a flag bearer at every ESPN Game Day.

My favorite is the USC cheerleaders.  Tight sweaters and big boobs always look good.  

What are some of local traditions at football games? 

Besides the obvious fight songs, most bands have other traditions. The Washington band plays "Tequila" every game, although someone will have to tell me if it happens at a particular moment (end of 3rd, etc.)

The Oregon band has been using "Muster" for decades. They don't play it as gratingly as the SC band plays "Tribute to Troy," but it to me it screams Oregon football.

7 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

They light the Olympic torch at the Coliseum for the 4th quarter

Shit.  I read that wrong.   For a second there I thought you said on homecoming, the local gangs find 4 opposing fan rental cars to torch and start a bonfire right outside the Coliseum.

9 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Light the U is Utah’s long-standing tradition. That and Crazy Lady. We are now on our 2nd Crazy Lady, and she has inspired many imitators. Also, once a year some young woman will show her tatas in the North Endzone. 

IMO the crazy lady is hot garbage.  Last thing I want to see in the stands or on TV is a 70 year old woman  “sexy dancing” in front of the student section. 

I think one of the biggest undervalued traditions we have is our tailgating. Utah as a state gets a bad rap for being Mormon and prudes.  Our school is fairly diverse and so is SLC proper. The best thing about Utah fans is, it’s always about our teams, not the religion.

Tailgating is a big deal to Utes.

37 minutes ago, utenation said:

Shit.  I read that wrong.   For a second there I thought you said on homecoming, the local gangs find 4 opposing fan rental cars to torch and start a bonfire right outside the Coliseum.

You read it right. That's what he meant.

43 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Light the U is Utah’s long-standing tradition. That and Crazy Lady. We are now on our 2nd Crazy Lady, and she has inspired many imitators. Also, once a year some young woman will show her tatas in the North Endzone. 

Not sure when "the Crazy Lady" started her thing.

Back when I went to school, we had "Bubbles", a larger older lady who would dance during the breaks. I assume she passed away.

• 4 months later...

Archived