Oregon @ Washington

Quack 12

1 hour ago, HLB said:

From Fox Sports:

"The Pac-12 doesn’t have a policy in place, leaving each school to have their own policy. USC, Washington, Washington State, Stanford and Oregon are among the Pac-12 schools that don’t discuss injuries.

'There’s a divergent opinion on this,' Scott said.  

Washington State head coach Mike Leach has gone on record to say he’s not going to release injury information even if a conference-wide policy is put in place.

'I would still refuse,” Leach told reporters this week. “I would still be elusive to it.'" 

The article you got that from — or at least the information therein — is outdated by several years. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, utenation said:

I think we should ask @HLB. He claims to rub shoulders with all the odds makers in Vegas.

Word on the street is much like  The Most Interesting Man in the World, Vegas checks with him before ANY opening line gets a sniff. And any injury just isn’t a factor when setting lines.

It's so easy to elicit a response from you.  It's like clockwork.  At the same time, you consistently misrepresent what is said, and lie.

1.  Never claimed to rub shoulders with all the odds makers in Vegas.  I've had the opportunity to visit with "one" on two occasions, courtesy of a mutual friend.

2.  I never said injuries are not a factor.  I said that they are not scrutinized as much at the college level, as the professional level.

Right now, it's 3:18AM PT.  Let's see how long it takes before you respond to this post with another inaccurate accusation.

42 minutes ago, dtd said:

Losing Breeland really scares me. I'm just not sure Herbert has what it takes to win a big game. 

I wouldn't sweat it. I think the ducks are going to be able to run the rock, and won't have to ask Herbert to do that much. I think you have the better defense, and the more consistent offense. Would take some unusual things happening for the huskies to win, IMO.

11 hours ago, dtd said:

Analytics say UW has the better offense and special teams. On Montlake, this is a toss-up. 

Aren’t the offenses effectively the same, with Oregon’s being much more consistent? 

More importantly, Oregon’s defense is by far the best unit in this game. 

Mussman posted a link to this betting site over on the Utah/ASU thread, so I checked out their UW/UO preview too. The second dude, "Gianni the Greek," doesn't seem to realize that the Ducks and Huskies have already played two common opponents, and he seems to think Colorado is on par with Nevada and Montana. He also has terrifying false teeth.

https://news.wagertalk.com/college-football-picks/oregon-at-washington-preview-prediction-and-pick-10-19-19

Everyone's all over UW straight up and the under, which is right around 50. 

Everyone thinks this will be close, but UW hasn't won a 1 score game vs UO since 1989, when it was 20-14.

If UW truly learned their lesson and plays the more talented players like they did against Arizona in the 2nd half, they will win.  If UW stubbornly insist on playing the same ineffective receivers they will lose.

Archived