Oregon @ Washington

Quack 12

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I just bought tickets to the game. East end zone, eighth row. Decent price, I think mostly because people are getting cold feet (so to speak) about the rain. Having been there several times, I will say that Husky Stadium is absolutely gorgeous on a nice day, but it can be brutal on a cold, rainy day with the wind ripping through the Cut. Personally, I don't think it's going to be that bad. (Famous last words.)

10 hours ago, row Z said:

Bruce Feldman predicts 14-10 ducks. 

Stewart Mandel predicts 20-16 huskies (Oregon is the better team but huskies need the game more).

Pac12 Roundup writers for the Athletic: 6 pick the ducks, 1 picks the huskies. 

That means it will be in the neighborhood of 55-45.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Saturday weather in the Pac NW will be downright AWFUL.

You couldn't pay me to attend this or any other local game.

True story, when I was 20 my cousin was stationed at Bangor and got us Seahawk vs the Cowboys tickets.  Well it was when they had to play at Husky stadium, and we sat right on the first row with no coverage.  It was a monsoon that day, and my cheap rain gear tore of course, and I was soaked.  Add the fact it was perhaps the worst game ever played, and I think everyone there was miserable.  

Mine was also at Martin Stadium, but way back in 2001, when Onterrio Smith set the UO single-game rushing record, and Oregon barely held off a furious Cougar comeback at the end. It was a night game, raining hard, and about 36 degrees. Tomorrow won't be bad at all by comparison. I've got good rain gear.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

I’m no mathematician but I think we have a 2 game lead over OSU and a 3 game lead over everyone else in the North.

Imagine if this were the year we made the conference cham—bwaahahaha couldn’t get that out. 

Archived