7 of 10 Americans Believe US is close to Civil War

PAC MAN

“The majority of Americans believe that we are two-thirds of the way to being on the edge of civil war. "

Two-thirds of the way to being on the edge?

What kind of ridiculous poll question was asked? Jalapeno, did you write the poll questions?

"By thirds, how close to the edge of civil war is America?"

It figures the source of this drivel is the Washington Examiner.

Nah, I didn't write the questions but anyone who doesn't believe this country is very divided really needs to get their heads out of the sand.  I love reading history and I'm not going to say my historical knowledge is without its gaps but it seems like the last time we were this deeply divided, we had the Vietnam War and then perhaps before that, we had the US Civil War.

People are no longer interested in compromise these days.  That was not something you would describe about Obama and even if I disagreed with his policies, I still could respect him as a person.  With Trump, even if I agree with his positions, I'm not certain I'd want to stand near him even if I had the opportunity.

Trump very well could be a reflection of American society...persons dug deeply into their positions with the intent of no compromises.  If Trump was so bad, just wait until the next president.  You'll miss Trump to a degree once he's gone.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Nah, I didn't write the questions but anyone who doesn't believe this country is very divided really needs to get their heads out of the sand.  I love reading history and I'm not going to say my historical knowledge is without its gaps but it seems like the last time we were this deeply divided, we had the Vietnam War and then perhaps before that, we had the US Civil War.

People are no longer interested in compromise these days.  That was not something you would describe about Obama and even if I disagreed with his policies, I still could respect him as a person.  With Trump, even if I agree with his positions, I'm not certain I'd want to stand near him even if I had the opportunity.

Trump very well could be a reflection of American society...persons dug deeply into their positions with the intent of no compromises.  If Trump was so bad, just wait until the next president.  You'll miss Trump to a degree once he's gone.

Trump is a reflection of an unscrupulous, greedy person's id.  He is not a representation of America.  That's borne out by the fact that (A) Trump didn't win even a plurality of US votes and (B) He's NEVER breached 50% popularity with the voters, even immediately after his inauguration.

If anything, we're more united than we have been in awhile. In our hatred for Trump.

Explain this fuckery. 

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Trump is a reflection of an unscrupulous, greedy person's id.  He is not a representation of America.  That's borne out by the fact that (A) Trump didn't win even a plurality of US votes and (B) He's NEVER breached 50% popularity with the voters, even immediately after his inauguration.

If anything, we're more united than we have been in awhile. In our hatred for Trump.

Keep going back to the same BS. You are such a tool the vomits the same thing all the time.

Yes, "Oblama", the anti-christ who attended (Christian) church regularly, was/is faithful to his wife, raised two daughters, and killed bin Laden.

The moment you evangelicals decided that a man who has cheated poor people as part of his explicit occupation, cheated on three wives, ignored 5 children, and paid whores to piss on a bed, you completely lost any moral authority whatsoever.  (Actually, you lost all of that back when you supported Reagan, but I digress)

On 11/8/2019 at 9:34 AM, Scscsc89 said:

36BA7C84-9811-4370-A5AC-3B1AE175DA00.jpeg

Sadly that seems to be true to a degree.  I still appreciate Trump protecting the First Amendment and filling the SCOTUS with justices that are believed to do that.  Because of that, I'm hoping for one more Trump term as long as I can stomach his behavior.

Sadly that seems to be true to a degree.  I still appreciate Trump protecting the First Amendment and filling the SCOTUS with justices that are believed to do that.  Because of that, I'm hoping for one more Trump term as long as I can stomach his behavior.

The fuck are you talking about?  Trump tried to ban muslims from the country.  That's not protection of 1A, that's a direct contravention of 1A.

You're just hoovering up that bullshit from Fox News, aren't you?

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, Orange said:

The fuck are you talking about?  Trump tried to ban muslims from the country.  That's not protection of 1A, that's a direct contravention of 1A.

You're just hoovering up that bullshit from Fox News, aren't you?

See you and Ilhar should get your BS straight! He only wanted to vet them more extensively so that more of The Oblama bros did not get into our country.

Archived