Utes Have Zero Chance

Chad Sexington

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, utenation said:

Looks like my question above was answered.  If the committee didn’t value OU beating Baylor enough now, they certainly won’t in the B12 championship. 

I think we’re in good shape. If both Oregon and Utah are 11-1.

USC moving into the top 25 eliminates that one "bad loss" from your resume.

12 hours ago, utenation said:

Exactly. Also gives Oregon a T25 win.. I think UW has a good shot at winning out as well. I think they are in the T25 if that happens.

I think UW is top 25 next week with 1 more win. The committee set the precedent with USC, and Washington is every bit as good as USC. Most metrics have them as a top 20 team.

I still believe if Utah wins out they are in the CFP.  Utah just shot themselves in the foot at USC and could have won that game.

Again, look at the other 1 loss teams:

Georgia: Lost in OT at home to South Carolina.

Utah: Lost at USC in a game they could have won.

Oklahoma: Was losing big at KSU before rally made the score respectable.

Alabama: Was losing big to LSU at home.

Minnesota: Lost at Iowa.

Baylor: Was ahead big over Oklahoma and lost that game.

I think Utah followed by Minnesota have the best cases out of the 1 loss teams in position to get into the CFP.  Both teams won't make their CCGs if they lose this weekend.

Here's what I think Utah needs to get to the CFP. First they are going to have to throttle Colorado and Oregon. I think that will pull them ahead of Alabama. Bama losing to Auburn obviously would be better. They need LSU to beat Georgia. I think a one loss Utah gets ahead of a two loss Georgia. Maybe not neccessary but it would be nice for Oklahoma to lose one, either Oklahoma St or Baylor. I also think they will need Ohio St, LSU, and Clemson to stay right were they are.

Oklahoma State can give OU problems and pull off the upset.  Anyone notice that Baylor is just favored by 14 points at Kansas?  Baylor & OU are going to the Big 12 CCG regardless of what happens.  The Big 12 can blow off their legs by having either team lose this weekend and then one team is losing next weekend anyway.  OU is favored by 13.5 at this point too.

Wisconsin might want another shot at Ohio State and they could do that by beating Minnesota on the road.  Also don't forget Coach Khaki Pants isn't facing Urban Meyer this weekend.  He'll pull out all the stops because that could be his legacy at Michigan hanging in the balance.

Clemson is going to face either Virigina school in the ACC CCG.  Clemson hasn't faced UVA since 2013 and that might play to UVA's benefit.  VT has already faced Clemson in the ACC title game and fell by just a TD and last time they met in Blacksburg, it wasn't an overwhelming win...those 31-17 games are generally closer than what the score shows.

I don't think Georgia will have any issues with a retooling GT and should crush them.  Texas A&M is probably relishing the spoiler role so don't be surprised if LSU falls this weekend.  The Aggies beat LSU in 7 overtimes last year.  I think Bama is out of of the playoffs one way or the other.  Since they are not going to the CCG, the CFP committee is not obliged to include them in the playoffs.  Auburn should be able to drive a stake through the heart of Bama's dynasty this weekend.

Utah could take care of themselves with two big wins over CU and UO like Greg said.  I think Utah just simply needs to win out and they are in.  Looking back at this time in 2016, even two loss CU was still in the running for the CFP so I think as long as Utah wins out, they are in!

On 11/26/2019 at 5:29 PM, azgreg said:

Here's what I think Utah needs to get to the CFP. First they are going to have to throttle Colorado and Oregon. I think that will pull them ahead of Alabama. Bama losing to Auburn obviously would be better. They need LSU to beat Georgia. I think a one loss Utah gets ahead of a two loss Georgia. Maybe not neccessary but it would be nice for Oklahoma to lose one, either Oklahoma St or Baylor. I also think they will need Ohio St, LSU, and Clemson to stay right were they are.

One down.

Gee, where have I heard that before?

Finebaum has his head perennially up his ass. He only pulls it out to go on tv and spew that which he found up there (and he doesn’t even wash his face first!). I’d say to put lipstick on that pig, but why bother?  Hell, it’s Finebaum. He was spewing the same shit before the Utes waxed bama that one time. 

The other guy can get up off his knees now. He’s been doing the kneel ‘n bob for so long he has cramps. 

I don’t know if the Utes can get in, but if they do they’ll be nobody’s bitch. 

49 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Gee, where have I heard that before?

Finebaum has his head perennially up his ass. He only pulls it out to go on tv and spew that which he found up there (and he doesn’t even wash his face first!). I’d say to put lipstick on that pig, but why bother?  Hell, it’s Finebaum. He was spewing the same shit before the Utes waxed bama that one time. 

The other guy can get up off his knees now. He’s been doing the kneel ‘n bob for so long he has cramps. 

I don’t know if the Utes can get in, but if they do they’ll be nobody’s bitch. 

Yeah, the same Finebaum that said Mullens is a dishonest person based on nothing.. He's super credible. 

Finebaum is an SEC shill. Has he ever said anything that doesn't benefit he SEC? I doubt it. Can and should be discounted as purely biased hot air. His comments seems designed to support LSU and Georgia in over Utah (although that was not the specific question that was asked).

On top of that, i would guess his statement is factually incorrect. No one wants to see Utah in the playoff?  I would venture that pretty much all of Pac12 and west coast does. And, I think a majority of neutral fans would prefer Utah over Oklahoma based on the quality of the defense, and the novelty of seeing a new team in the CFP. I honestly think Utah would create more intrigue and more viewers than Oklahoma. Am I off base here? 

Archived