Utes Have Zero Chance

Chad Sexington

2 hours ago, row Z said:

Finebaum is an SEC shill. Has he ever said anything that doesn't benefit he SEC? I doubt it. Can and should be discounted as purely biased hot air. His comments seems designed to support LSU and Georgia in over Utah (although that was not the specific question that was asked).

On top of that, i would guess his statement is factually incorrect. No one wants to see Utah in the playoff?  I would venture that pretty much all of Pac12 and west coast does. And, I think a majority of neutral fans would prefer Utah over Oklahoma based on the quality of the defense, and the novelty of seeing a new team in the CFP. I honestly think Utah would create more intrigue and more viewers than Oklahoma. Am I off base here? 

I think Jalen Hurts has more of a "brand" than anyone playing for Utah, but that brand has taken a huge hit given how lousy they've played the last several weeks.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, utenation said:

Exactly. Also gives Oregon a T25 win.. I think UW has a good shot at winning out as well. I think they are in the T25 if that happens.

You thought UW would win out and make the T25?  You long ago lost your prediction and football knowledge credibility.  You should have quit in August, while you were ahead.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:35 AM, MussMan said:

I think UW is top 25 next week with 1 more win. The committee set the precedent with USC, and Washington is every bit as good as USC. Most metrics have them as a top 20 team.

Washington has to be the biggest disappointment in CFB, and were the metrics were wrong all along.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, Utefan1211 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1199457815141797888

Watch video. At least we’re in the conversation. 

A few short weeks ago, Herbstreit's talk was all about Oregon, with no real emphasis placed on Utah.  Now that Oregon is out, the emphasis is Utah.

Interesting that everyone East of Colorado sees how desperate the push is to put a PAC12 team into the playoffs, regardless of whether or not they are one of the best four teams.

Utah is not one of the best four teams in CFB.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, Utefan1211 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1199457815141797888

Watch video. At least we’re in the conversation. 

A few short weeks ago, Herbstreit was all about Oregon, and Utah was barely mentioned.  Now that Oregon is out, he's shifted his emphasis to Utah.

Everyone East of Colorado sees how desperate the push is to have a PAC12 in the playoffs, regardless of whether or not they are one of the best four teams in CFB.

Utah is not one of the best four teams in CFB.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:22 PM, Jalapeno said:

I still believe if Utah wins out they are in the CFP.  Utah just shot themselves in the foot at USC and could have won that game.

Again, look at the other 1 loss teams:

Georgia: Lost in OT at home to South Carolina.

Utah: Lost at USC in a game they could have won.

Oklahoma: Was losing big at KSU before rally made the score respectable.

Alabama: Was losing big to LSU at home.

Minnesota: Lost at Iowa.

Baylor: Was ahead big over Oklahoma and lost that game.

I think Utah followed by Minnesota have the best cases out of the 1 loss teams in position to get into the CFP.  Both teams won't make their CCGs if they lose this weekend.

How many ranked teams has Utah beaten, compared to everyone else on this list?

And as you said about Utah in their game with USC, Georgia and Oklahoma could have won their games against South Carolina and Kansas State.  Given either team 5 more minutes of game time, and they win those games.

And I can't believe you were trying to compare Utah losing to USC to Alabama losing to LSU.

5 hours ago, row Z said:

Finebaum is an SEC shill. Has he ever said anything that doesn't benefit he SEC? I doubt it. Can and should be discounted as purely biased hot air. His comments seems designed to support LSU and Georgia in over Utah (although that was not the specific question that was asked).

On top of that, i would guess his statement is factually incorrect. No one wants to see Utah in the playoff?  I would venture that pretty much all of Pac12 and west coast does. And, I think a majority of neutral fans would prefer Utah over Oklahoma based on the quality of the defense, and the novelty of seeing a new team in the CFP. I honestly think Utah would create more intrigue and more viewers than Oklahoma. Am I off base here? 

Finebaum is employed by the SEC Network.  Of course he's going to talk about the SEC.

AND, he's been around SEC sports - particularly football - for 40 years.

AND, LSU and Georgia are better teams than Utah.  In fact, other than "maybe" Iowa, Memphis, Boise State, Cincinnati, App. State and Navy - I don't think Utah can beat anyone else in the T25.  They are all better.

Utah wins and they are in.  Ducks playing Auburn well and losing on the last minute ends up helping Utah more than Oregon.  Somewhat ironic, but that’s life.

Oregon likely to the Rose Bowl if Utah gets in the CFP. 

Go ... Utes?  

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, Chile_Ute said:

Swear to God he’s either Finebaum himself or his fluffer

Around 1980, I started covering HS football for the B'ham Post Herald.  The individual who was over HS sports for the Post Herald, who handed out the assignments, was a 25 or 26 year-old Tennessee graduate.  He was a little chubby, and his name was Paul Finebaum.

8 hours ago, HLB said:

Around 1980, I started covering HS football for the B'ham Post Herald.  The individual who was over HS sports for the Post Herald, who handed out the assignments, was a 25 or 26 year-old Tennessee graduate.  He was a little chubby, and his name was Paul Finebaum.

So you carried Finebaum's water then, AND now??

LOL!

Archived