Jump to content

Ok Boomer thread


Recommended Posts

Nanny Statists like Biden will go after the states that have legalized marijuana because they know what is best for us.

Meanwhile...

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/president-trump-reiterates-his-administration-will-let-states-legalize-marijuana/

President Trump Reiterates His Administration Will Let States Legalize Marijuana

3b71d81faa493372a683c777756df1f4?s=92&d=

Published

 4 months

 

During his presidential campaign, Trump said that he supports medical cannabis legalization and that broader legalization “should be a state issue, state-by-state.”

In June 2018, the president was asked—again by Nelson—about bipartisan legislation sponsored by Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) that would protect states with legal cannabis systems from federal intervention. Trump said that he “really” supports the bill

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, four months ago ...

The MORE Act has already passed the judiciary committee, and it's likely to pass in the House., but you can count on Moscow Mitch to stonewall it if all possible.

From The Motley Fool:

The latest Gallup poll shows that 76% of self-identified Democrats and 68% of self-identified independents support legalizing pot in the U.S., with only 51% of self-identified Republicans on board with legalizing weed. There would need to be strong bipartisan support in the Senate for the MORE Act to pass, and that doesn't seem likely to happen, at least in the way the bill is currently written. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PapaG said:

Nanny Statists like Biden will go after the states that have legalized marijuana because they know what is best for us.

Meanwhile...

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/president-trump-reiterates-his-administration-will-let-states-legalize-marijuana/

President Trump Reiterates His Administration Will Let States Legalize Marijuana

3b71d81faa493372a683c777756df1f4?s=92&d=

Published

 4 months

 

During his presidential campaign, Trump said that he supports medical cannabis legalization and that broader legalization “should be a state issue, state-by-state.”

In June 2018, the president was asked—again by Nelson—about bipartisan legislation sponsored by Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) that would protect states with legal cannabis systems from federal intervention. Trump said that he “really” supports the bill

Biden has never said he would send the feds after the states.  Ever.  Trump doesn't even know which states legalize what, or why.  He's just ignoring the issue, and the U.S. attorneys are simply working with each state and using their own discretion.  Any other Democrat will actually sign into law a bill to deschedule marijuana, making it impossible for states to prosecute marijuana users.  This is a perfect fucking example of you having no clue what the laws are, or how they are enforced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

Meanwhile, four months ago ...

The MORE Act has already passed the judiciary committee, and it's likely to pass in the House., but you can count on Moscow Mitch to stonewall it if all possible.

From The Motley Fool:

The latest Gallup poll shows that 76% of self-identified Democrats and 68% of self-identified independents support legalizing pot in the U.S., with only 51% of self-identified Republicans on board with legalizing weed. There would need to be strong bipartisan support in the Senate for the MORE Act to pass, and that doesn't seem likely to happen, at least in the way the bill is currently written. 

Indeed, Moscow Mitch knows Trump won't sign it, because his base will freak the fuck out.  And because Moscow Mitch is hanging from Mrs. Donald Putin's nuts and therefore we have no separate branch of government on Capitol Hill, he won't put it up for a vote.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orange said:

Biden has never said he would send the feds after the states.  Ever.  Trump doesn't even know which states legalize what, or why.  He's just ignoring the issue, and the U.S. attorneys are simply working with each state and using their own discretion.  Any other Democrat will actually sign into law a bill to deschedule marijuana, making it impossible for states to prosecute marijuana users.  This is a perfect fucking example of you having no clue what the laws are, or how they are enforced.

So it's Boomer Trump's fault that non-Boomer Biden doesn't want legalized marijuana.  Got it, you massive pothead Federal Nanny Statist.  I like to smoke at times, by the way, and am glad I can do so in Oregon as per state law.

I do give Biden some leeway, however.  His son is a crack-head fuck-up who would be in either jail or rehab if his last name wasn't Biden, so Quid Pro Joe likely has some personal bias on this issue based on his experience as a failed father.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PapaG said:

His son is a crack-head fuck-up who would be in either jail or rehab if his last name wasn't Biden

 

26 minutes ago, PapaG said:

bias on this issue based on his experience as a failed father.

I know you just like to be an asshat about this, but in this season of good tidings, you might consider that Hunter Biden lost his mother and his little sister when he was less than three years old, and lost his brother in 2015. Maybe he didn't handle that trauma very well, lots of people don't. Maybe Joe didn't handle it well either, but you make a fool of yourself by passing your pseudo-righteous judgment against either one of the Bidens. 

The fuck is wrong with you?

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 4:38 PM, Quack 12 said:

 

I know you just like to be an asshat about this, but in this season of good tidings, you might consider that Hunter Biden lost his mother and his little sister when he was less than three years old, and lost his brother in 2015. Maybe he didn't handle that trauma very well, lots of people don't. Maybe Joe didn't handle it well either, but you make a fool of yourself by passing your pseudo-righteous judgment against either one of the Bidens. 

The fuck is wrong with you?

 

Nothing.  He's just a garden-variety asshole.  A privileged piece of shit who has never struggled for anything in his life, and therefore feels completely free to judge others for all shortcomings (while desperately trying to hide his own).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

That tuition one hits home, man. My parents worked at fucking Sears during college and graduated with no debt. I grew up being told college after high school is non-negotiable, and I’ve got the loans to show for it. I don’t have kids, but I’m really interested in seeing what sort of importance my generation puts on higher ed with their kids knowing the financial fuckery we dealt with that our parents did not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 42 and I've been making my monthly payments on my student loan debt without fail for 17 of the past 20 years (some undergrad, some law school).   I've still got $62k on the books.   I just got fed up and refinanced to double my payments so I can have it paid off in 5 years.

Not enough is said about how the debt industry is raping the American middle class.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, glduck said:

That tuition one hits home, man. My parents worked at fucking Sears during college and graduated with no debt. I grew up being told college after high school is non-negotiable, and I’ve got the loans to show for it. I don’t have kids, but I’m really interested in seeing what sort of importance my generation puts on higher ed with their kids knowing the financial fuckery we dealt with that our parents did not.

Oh if I have kids those little shits going to two years of community college for free. No question about it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, duckfandan said:

Oh if I have kids those little shits going to two years of community college for free. No question about it. 

So much this.  The whole 4-year university experience is going to become so obsolete.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...