2020 Election Thread

PapaG

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems like the Dem nominee field is shrinking fast.  Warren probably is headed for the exit sooner than later.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:31 PM, Orange said:

If only we had some way to know how a milquetoast, moderate democrat would fare against trump....

A moderate Dem is the only chance against Trump.  Trump will eat a leftist Dem alive big time in the election.  That is why we have the impeachment circus because it's the Dem's only chance of getting Trump out of the White House.

Dems would be wise to pour more money into the House and Senate races at this point.  Probably will happen after Trump is acquitted in the Senate trail.

CNN is even appearing to acknowledge the reality that we will have four more years of Trump after November.

Polling suggests little of the above is true.  And frankly, it all polls are borderline useless until the dems have their candidate.

it is a foregone conclusion trump will be acquitted, why do you think this ends the dem presidential run?  

I certainly think trump could win, but don’t understand the thought process that the election is essentially over.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

A moderate Dem is the only chance against Trump.  Trump will eat a leftist Dem alive big time in the election.  That is why we have the impeachment circus because it's the Dem's only chance of getting Trump out of the White House.

And yet a moderate dem is exactly what ran (and lost) in 2016.  I wonder what it would be like if you actually knew what the fuck you're talking about.

Nobody expects impeachment to oust Trump.  He's being impeached because he is soliciting aid -- yet again -- from a foreign power to fuck with our election. How many times has this been explained to you?  Probably hundreds.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:16 AM, CRBuff said:

Polling suggests little of the above is true.  And frankly, it all polls are borderline useless until the dems have their candidate.

it is a foregone conclusion trump will be acquitted, why do you think this ends the dem presidential run?  

I certainly think trump could win, but don’t understand the thought process that the election is essentially over.

The only poll worthy is the actual election itself.  Polls are usually limited in scope and doesn't really reflect the entire country because not everyone who is voting participates in said poll.

The economy is still on pace to have a good year plus Trump just got a phase one trade deal with China plus he's about to sign USMCA with Canada to ratify and it's in effect.  They are saying 176,000 to 589,000 jobs added over a period of time.  Trump is the first POTUS in a long time to actually stand up to China.

Based on how the GOP did after the Clinton Impeachment, the Dems could be in store for a brutal election loss this November.  I expect Trump to keep the WH, the GOP to keep the Senate, and it's possible the GOP retakes the House.

And for the Dem nominee, it looks like it will be a career politician which this country has voted against in the last three elections (electing Obama, re-electing Obama, and electing Trump).

One Dem stronghold state, Minnesota, could end up voting for Trump this year.  There's also Nevada and Virginia who went to Hillary in 2016.  Looking at an interactive map, Trump could be getting about 325 votes.  The Rust Belt is gonna decide the election and the good news regarding those trade deals is going to get the Rust Belt to consider voting for Trump.  Keep in mind that Trump got Wisconsin and Michigan to support him.  There is this talk about Texas going Blue but I'll believe it when I see it.

If people easily could move on from Clinton's impeachment, the same could be said about Trump's impeachment.

29 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

The only poll worthy is the actual election itself.  Polls are usually limited in scope and doesn't really reflect the entire country because not everyone who is voting participates in said poll.

The economy is still on pace to have a good year plus Trump just got a phase one trade deal with China plus he's about to sign USMCA with Canada to ratify and it's in effect.  They are saying 176,000 to 589,000 jobs added over a period of time.  Trump is the first POTUS in a long time to actually stand up to China.

Based on how the GOP did after the Clinton Impeachment, the Dems could be in store for a brutal election loss this November.  I expect Trump to keep the WH, the GOP to keep the Senate, and it's possible the GOP retakes the House.

And for the Dem nominee, it looks like it will be a career politician which this country has voted against in the last three elections (electing Obama, re-electing Obama, and electing Trump).

One Dem stronghold state, Minnesota, could end up voting for Trump this year.  There's also Nevada and Virginia who went to Hillary in 2016.  Looking at an interactive map, Trump could be getting about 325 votes.  The Rust Belt is gonna decide the election and the good news regarding those trade deals is going to get the Rust Belt to consider voting for Trump.  Keep in mind that Trump got Wisconsin and Michigan to support him.  There is this talk about Texas going Blue but I'll believe it when I see it.

If people easily could move on from Clinton's impeachment, the same could be said about Trump's impeachment.

You sound like that HLB clown.  Anyone can say "Derrrrr Trump will get 530 electoral votes!"  What's your logic here?  That somehow Trump has become MORE popular since being elected?  Because I promise you that's not true.  The china deal? They're only required to buy up to the Chinese market demand, so there is no hard requirement.  Nothing's changed.  Factories and jobs continue to flee the rust belt, and that won't change unless those areas magically stop being affected by automation (which they will not).  Trump's 2016 election was pure luck -- he lost the popular vote by millions, and scraped by in MI, OH and WI by less than 100,000 votes.  You have to be insane to think he'll get that lucky again.  He has no red firewall.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:22 AM, Orange said:

And yet a moderate dem is exactly what ran (and lost) in 2016. 

This is a poor comparison. Hillary was much more than a "moderate dem" in 2016. She carried the legacy of her hubby and all the Clinton baggage, as well as a good portion of the abject hatred the right has for Obama. She had a lot more than being a moderate going against her.

It probably isn't going to happen, but I would love to see Klobuchar debate Trump. I think she'd chew him up and spit him out.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:35 PM, Jalapeno said:

This is a worse comparison. Clinton wasn't running for re-election.

20 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

Says the guy who constantly complains about old white men. 🤣

I realize we're all going to have to plug our noses and vote for Biden, but I'd prefer someone who isn't pushing 80 be in the White House.

Sorry, but old white men have earned all the criticism they receive.  

I don't understand your point.  Am I supposed to put a qualifier #NotAllWhiteMen on it?  Bernie, regardless of his old, white malehood, is proposing undoing almost all of the damage perpetrated by old white men in the past 60 years.  I'm literally proving to you that I'm not prejudiced.

17 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/maria-bartiromo-middle-class-tax-cut-trump-davos

Trump could be using the promise of middle class tax cuts in the 2020 election.  Having the GOP get the House back would help that out.

Politically it’s a smart move, but the question the Republicans always ask needs to be asked.  How will they pay for it?

Archived