2020 Election Thread

PapaG

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Also of note, the Iowa caucus has nothing to do with Trump, in case you aren't following along.

Really?  :lol: 

It's more of really getting this election started.  Just sit back and enjoy the Trump drivel.

10 minutes ago, Orange said:

Hey, whether or not you contribute to constructive debate, or shit all over the board with breitbart garbage, is and has been totally up to you.

Don't worry about me going to Bruin70's level of trolling...he might be bored from retirement or something like that. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Don't worry about me going to Bruin70's level of trolling...he might be bored from retirement or something like that. :lol:

He was never "trolling" just intoxicated, deranged and hateful. Sad that he seems to have become a role model for you. 

6 minutes ago, glduck said:

2018 was a rejection of Donald Trump, and 2020 will see the same. This “trial” won over the MAGA crowd, but it’s going to stick with a lot of other people through November. The GOP’s cowardly devotion to Trump is going to cost them.

I hope you are right. 

There is very little doubt that Trump will once again lose the popular vote. However, the plan of voter suppression and disinformation has a real chance to work again, particularly if the Democrats do not rally around their candidate regardless of who they may be. All those in opposition to Trump need to get out and vote for the Democratic candidate, regardless of whether it is their first choice or not. If we have a sizable number either sit out this election or throwing away votes on third party protest candidates, we will have another 4 years of this. 

I hope he is voted out, however am less certain it will be happen.  

All political norms are thrown out these days.  At the moment, I don’t think impeachment moves the needle.  Republicans think the house process was a sham, and dems the same of the senate.  Obviously a smoking gun could come out, but at the moment don’t see it.

ultimately Mano is obviously correct the dems have to turn out, even if a Biden wins the nomination.  And while they will win in New York, California and so on, they are going to have to have a message that resonates with flyover states.  This was one of the major misses for Clinton.  

I guess they could flip the Senate but Dems can come out all they want -- apparently for President it's going to come down to a few counties in Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.  I guess you could throw Arizona in there too.

2 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Dems can come out all they want Nationally but apparently it's going to come down to a few counties in Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.  I guess you could throw Arizona in there too.

One reason most of the national polls are borderline useless.  

Archived